Off-Topic Space, the final frontier, these are the voyages of NASA

Advertisement
A study is an investigation based on data analysis to discover empirical facts.

People don’t think the Earth is 4.5 Billion years old based on assumptions, it’s based on data, math, physics, biogeology, oceanography etc..
Do you believe a uniformitarian approach to interpreting the data involves any assumptions?

Do you believe a uniformitarian approach to interpreting the data involves any assumptions?
Of course it does if you’re interpreting data from a perspective of uniformitarianism. Not all scientists follow that methodology.

But objectively, as it pertains to studies about the age of the Earth the disparity in math is hard to be accounted for.

Regardless of the fact, I pretty much see where this is going so I’ll just end it with, whatever you believe is as right as you believe it to be.

Advertisement
Thats a lot of features for a "barren" moon?
It’s far from barren...

Io has hyper-geological activity with several hundred volcanoes, it’s surface is mostly made of silicate rock with molten lava & iron sulfate. It’s the 3rd largest Moon in the solar system, even bigger than our own & due to it’s distance from Jupiter has an extensive amount of thermonuclear radioactivity & high density atmospheric pressure.

And because of Jupiter’s intense magnetic field, the volcanic plasma from Io is hyperactive.

It’s pretty much very similar to Venus, except it actually produces more metal due to cooling & has a ton of a crystalized forsterite under it’s surface. It’s like a giant rocky, volcanic sulfur & liquid metal factory, with really interesting composition underneath.

Advertisement
New Private Rocket Launch company is attempting to make orbit for the first time. Relativity Space with the Terran-1 from LC-16. This is a unique rocket being primarily (85%) 3D printed.
They are trying to join SpaceX, Rocketlab, Firefly, Virgin Orbit, and Astra.

If successful it will be the FIRST methane based rocket to reach orbit. We'll see if they beat SpaceX (who has a Oribital test launch of Starship, which is Methane based, coming up in the next few months). They tried to launch yesterday and it got aborted. Today they got to t-0, and had an automatic abort and tried to reset before holding again and running out of time. Will probably try to launch again within the next few days. Should be interesting to watch.

1678578516018.png

1678578732114.gif

Advertisement
Studies aren’t assumptions, but nonetheless, how old do you think the Earth is?

Studies aren’t in themselves assumptions but are certainly based on assumptions.

For example studies using radiometric data to determine earth age assumes that radioactive decay remains stable for long periods of time despite extreme changes in environmental conditions.

We can only assume it does but obviously can’t show it definitively since we are not able to measure the same data under the same conditions as early earth.

Studies aren’t in themselves assumptions but are certainly based on assumptions.

For example studies using radiometric data to determine earth age assumes that radioactive decay remains stable for long periods of time despite extreme changes in environmental conditions.

We can only assume it does but obviously can’t show it definitively since we are not able to measure the same data under the same conditions as early earth.
So how old do you think the Earth is?

So how old do you think the Earth is?
I can accept the current scientific paradigm of 4.8 billion, understanding that it’s still based on assumptions and not necessarily fact.

I can still question the assumptions so remain open to other possibilities of a younger earth.

Advertisement
I can accept the current scientific paradigm of 4.8 billion, understanding that it’s still based on assumptions and not necessarily fact.

I can still question the assumptions so remain open to other possibilities of a younger earth.
Wouldn’t a younger Earth be based on assumptions as well?

Isnt this one of Einsteins theories?
In some aspects, but not entirely; the theory of relativity only goes until a certain point, but didn’t expand beyond Black holes or what happens after.

Theoretical quantum time travel really comes from Igor Dmitriyevich Novikov.

But time travel in general as a concept has been around since the earliest civilizations, the Anciet Sumerians, Kemetians, Indians, Chinese, Japanese & several others all have time travel in their historical lore.

Advertisement
Back