South Florida Offensive Players

CanesDynasty

Recruit
The very least popular opinion but has to be addressed. They aren't dominating college football or the NFL like they once did. This game has equal talent in every time zone.

I don't need to see any stats, where someone posts NFL rosters, I know what I see every week and South Florida is not dominating like they used to.

X's and O's is is paramount along with the trenches. Cherry pick the rest.

Advertisement
The very least popular opinion but has to be addressed. They aren't dominating college football or the NFL like they once did. This game has equal talent in every time zone.

I don't need to see any stats, where someone posts NFL rosters, I know what I see every week and South Florida is not dominating like they used to.

This topic gets me close to getting banned every year. Having 40-50 guys from the same metro area is not a winning strategy. No area in the country can produce enough talent to sustain that model.

This topic gets me close to getting banned every year. Having 40-50 guys from the same metro area is not a winning strategy. No area in the country can produce enough talent to sustain that model.
My point is our local talent used to be enough against most teams, regardless of X's and O's... That is not the case anymore. South Florida players used to dominate the college football landscape for a long time. I miss those days since Miami was a big reason for that. I just don't see it like I use to

My point is our local talent used to be enough against most teams, regardless of X's and O's... That is not the case anymore. South Florida players used to dominate the college football landscape for a long time. I miss those days since Miami was a big reason for that. I just don't see it like I use to
Yeah, I'm agreeing. We need to target the best in Miami-Dade and Broward and look around the country for other great players. Not take the 28th best player in Dade.

Advertisement

This is true. The last few classes have underachieved.

The strength in South Florida has shifted from WR to pass rusher.

Advertisement
@DMoney smoke billowing re: a certain Raven wr. Any substance to it?
I like Flowers, but would believe me if I told you there used to be 10 wrs like him coming out of South Florida every year playing on teams all over the country

Look at uf, fsu, Ole Miss, Bama, etc. Rbs, wrs are from everywhere but here. UGA has Rosemary but he's extremely average and probably not an NFL talent. I'm just not seeing these guys anymore. Like I said earlier, they used to dominate the landscape of college football

I like Flowers, but would believe me if I told you there used to be 10 wrs like him coming out of South Florida every year playing on teams all over the country

Look at uf, fsu, Ole Miss, Bama, etc. Rbs, wrs are from everywhere but here. UGA has Rosemary but he's extremely average and probably not an NFL talent. I'm just not seeing these guys anymore. Like I said earlier, they used to dominate the landscape of college football
called this man Rosemary lmfao

OP is kind of on point. We've gotten a lot of these South Florida players...mostly tier two and tier three type prospects in the area...and yo...a lot of them have stunk. A lot of these types around the country have not been as advertised and the ones that transfer from here ain't been all that special elsewhere. The results are weird for such a talent rich area. The players that filter to the top end will always be there, but there just seems like a lack of just contributors than their used to be and the ones that do become contributors, it seems like a let down...many examples oddly come here, but elsewhere.

Like, Kevin Austin could have played here and did the same exactly things he did at Notre Dame and end up in the same place he is now. Or, he could have ended up near the floor with Jeremiah Payton or Mark Pope or Dee Wiggins or somewhere else like Troy Stellato or John Dunmore or whoever. Man, there are a lot of these guys just at WR over the years and it is no wonder why we are struggling at the position considering we invest in evaluating the position heavily in the area.

Advertisement
Breaking news......teams have been winning college championships/super bowls with a majority of non SFL players

The formula has always been recruit the best and most fit kids in your local area and then recruit the best in your state and most importantly recruit the best kids in the country

Schnellenberger literally said and did this idk when the **** it became normal to recruit majority tri-county players for us when we literally have never won like that.

Advertisement
We’d still never get beat if we landed the best of the best from south Florida… everywhere except OL and DT.

The problem is we haven’t hit on our lower ranked kids that fly under the radar. Haven’t hit the ones we’ve taken and not offering the ones that blossom. Can’t not offer or miss on… Gabe Jacas, Ashton Gillotte, Brandon Dorlus, Zay Flowers, Elijah Moore, Kancey Tatum Bethune, Patrick Payton, Michael Pratt, Tutu Atwell, etc etc etc.

If you took the best of the best and never missed, we’d be fine. But it’s not possible. Evaluations are going to tell you to sign Dee Wiggins instead of Elijah Moore sometimes. Just how it goes and no one will ever get it 100%

Its random.

There are 6 south florida qbs in the nfl right now. Who would've thought that?.

Like @DMoney STATED THE de/edge position is stout and will continue to be.

I dont believe the game has EQUAL talent in every time zone. There are a few elite areas and a few pockets where the talent is harness. South florida or the state of florida is the elite area in the country, So cal, Houston , Tx area, are elites. Metro ATL is closing the gaps in a hurry. The state of Louisiana (tough to recruit) is a pocket.

If you follow me on recruiting ive been saying for yearssss we should be in Louisiana ( LSU cant get em all), Tidewater area of VA (It was wide open for a few years, unc ate) Metro ATL, and find a footing in Dallas or Houston somehow. I also believe NY/NJ should forever get some attention as that is our student body base/demographic.

We’d still never get beat if we landed the best of the best from south Florida… everywhere except OL and DT.

The problem is we haven’t hit on our lower ranked kids that fly under the radar. Haven’t hit the ones we’ve taken and not offering the ones that blossom. Can’t not offer or miss on… Gabe Jacas, Ashton Gillotte, Brandon Dorlus, Zay Flowers, Elijah Moore, Kancey Tatum Bethune, Patrick Payton, Michael Pratt, Tutu Atwell, etc etc etc.

If you took the best of the best and never missed, we’d be fine. But it’s not possible. Evaluations are going to tell you to sign Dee Wiggins instead of Elijah Moore sometimes. Just how it goes and no one will ever get it 100%

Also not stated is there are not another state that has 3 schools, 4 if you count the mythical of UCF lol teams with legit championship aspirations vying in state.

Not even the states known for football has this. Texas or California. Texas has typically 1 school worth a sh*t they are more underachieving than Florida as a state by far, and California only has USC.

The big 3 and now the big 4 are fading for kids yearly. Their isnt a flaghip team in state kids an go to any one of them on top of the blue bloods from here.

This is true. The last few classes have underachieved.

The strength in South Florida has shifted from WR to pass rusher.

This is an important aspect of the "recruit X area better" argument. It's not just about recruiting SoFla, Louisiana, Texas etc, its about knowing when, where, and at what positions the talent is peaking in those areas.

Advertisement
Back