South Florida High School Football?

RedPill Stepdad

graduated from hungry, and made it to greedy.
Hey guys I was reading something in another thread that seemed interesting and left me with some questions.

I'm from Louisville and fimiliar with Miami but not necessarily high school football down there. From what I read in the post I mentioned, it seemed like there is free agency at the high school football level in South Florida. Here in Louisville there are only two real dominate HSFB programs (Louisville Male & St. X) and if u transfer u have to sit a year like the NCAA.

This seems like a selfish post but if someone who has knowledge about HSFB in South Florida could describe in detail how it works I would appreciate it, bc it sounded like the wild wild west.

Advertisement
Hey guys I was reading something in another thread that seemed interesting and left me with some questions.

I'm from Louisville and fimiliar with Miami but not necessarily high school football down there. From what I read in the post I mentioned, it seemed like there is free agency at the high school football level in South Florida. Here in Louisville there are only two real dominate HSFB programs (Louisville Male & St. X) and if u transfer u have to sit a year like the NCAA.

This seems like a selfish post but if someone who has knowledge about HSFB in South Florida could describe in detail how it works I would appreciate it, bc it sounded like the wild wild west.
Yes yes and yes bro. It’s been going on since I was a hit and b4 that. I know for a fact for instance where I’m from, Deerfield beach, we have kids on that team zoned for schools like Ely, northeast etc. it’s pretty much a FA. I hit on it b4. The “loyalty” factor is out the window at a early age down here. Starting at the Little league level. Kids religiously go play for the hot teams and stack the deck. I help out down here for the Deerfield bisons 14 U and it’s a recruitment for some of the areas top locals lol

Yup. IMG Academy and St. Thomas Aquinas are two prime examples.

EA513249-3BAB-4B4E-B561-B5F1B93841E1.gif

Yes yes and yes bro. It’s been going on since I was a hit and b4 that. I know for a fact for instance where I’m from, Deerfield beach, we have kids on that team zoned for schools like Ely, northeast etc. it’s pretty much a FA. I hit on it b4. The “loyalty” factor is out the window at a early age down here. Starting at the Little league level. Kids religiously go play for the hot teams and stack the deck. I help out down here for the Deerfield bisons 14 U and it’s a recruitment for some of the areas top locals lol

So basically the high schools scout the camps and if they like a player move the family to their location? Also, is it normal for kids to transfer multiple times in high school?

Advertisement
So basically the high schools scout the camps and if they like a player move the family to their location? Also, is it normal for kids to transfer multiple times in high school?

Bruh Google HB-7029, that law basically eliminated school zones...school choice on steroids.

Advertisement
Yes, and yes..they scout the little circuits. Especially the 12u and 14u. That’s usually wherrr it starts. It’s the same for baseball (which was my main sport coming up). I ended up at Deerfield high cause it was the hometown team. But I had a school like tarrvella and Coral Springs who wanted me to come for baseball through my travel coaches. For football it’s worse lol

I went to high school there with Stockar, ask him about when he forgot his cleats against Cape Coral.
Is this now the third year for the Bisons?

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
I went to high school there with Stockar, ask him about when he forgot his cleats against Cape Coral.
Is this now the third year for the Bisons?

Semper Canes!!!
True man. And I believe it’s the bisons 4th or 5th year. Used to be the Rattlers when I played at west side park. Next time I see mcdougle I’ll ask lol

Advertisement

I know here in the panhandle you can play football for one school, transfer to another school and play basketbal, and then transfer to another to play baseball all in the same year.

Advertisement
Back