South Florida Express tryouts

Advertisement
Peter have you heard anything about a national media investigation down here about colleges paying recruits, families, street agents? Supposedly they are paying informants? Could be a lot of embarrassed and in trouble recruited players and colleges if all the allegations we read about are true. For money friends will rat out their buddies.

Bound to happen.

7 on 7 tourneys are akin to AAU teams. No doubt there are, and have been "handlers," "agents," shady coaches, etc. on the take.

Please stop this.

Kids stay on the same AAU teams for years and years up until the graduate HS so naturally they develop a strong bond with their coaches. Coaches become like a father figure in AAU.

7on7 teams are completely different. SFE holds "tryouts" for a reason. Its a brand new roster almost every year. These kids are only on these teams for 5/6 months. If you think kids who had to tryout for a team are going to be "Handled" by the coach of it whom they've only known a few months you are an idiot.

Look I asked Peter a question, the rumors about the payments to players, families and agents are rampant and all over the message boards including here on Canesinsight. I hope there is a media investigation going on but I don't know. If I were a good player I would not jeopardize my eligibility by taking a bribe and there probably isn't a better place to recruit than South Florida (maybe Southern California or Texas?)

I think Peter Ariz does a great job of reporting and I hope one day he addresses the issue of payoffs. It would be a great article.

How many commits do we have from last years team?

Tyre Brady was on there correct?

Sam Bruce was as well, but for the most part it doesn't seem like we have had much success there.

Advertisement
How many commits do we have from last years team?

Tyre Brady was on there correct?

Sam Bruce was as well, but for the most part it doesn't seem like we have had much success there.

Sam Bruce is all FSU I think.

The kid is all over the place one day saying he painting his room orange and green the next sayin his favorite is FSU, watch he goin to change his favorites at least five more times

Advertisement
Peter have you heard anything about a national media investigation down here about colleges paying recruits, families, street agents? Supposedly they are paying informants? Could be a lot of embarrassed and in trouble recruited players and colleges if all the allegations we read about are true. For money friends will rat out their buddies.

People have been trying to expose them for a long time but I am convinced nothing will come of it.

These snakes will slither back into the community and a new one will pop up (ala Altron wright/genron).

Bound to happen.

7 on 7 tourneys are akin to AAU teams. No doubt there are, and have been "handlers," "agents," shady coaches, etc. on the take.

Please stop this.

Kids stay on the same AAU teams for years and years up until the graduate HS so naturally they develop a strong bond with their coaches. Coaches become like a father figure in AAU.

7on7 teams are completely different. SFE holds "tryouts" for a reason. Its a brand new roster almost every year. These kids are only on these teams for 5/6 months. If you think kids who had to tryout for a team are going to be "Handled" by the coach of it whom they've only known a few months you are an idiot.

Not anymore kids jump around AAU teams a lot now a days.

Advertisement
Advertisement

happened before.......guys put people out there.....snitches etc.....but it involved mostly sec schools and nothing came out about it...Tenn was all over it....remember Demetrice Morley..University school scandal...what came about it...?? Dee Morley still went to tenn...and the other kids still qualified and played in sec.

Davante Peete is unbelievable

Really?

LOL ....kid was my first real "FIND",,...LOL I BROUGHT HIM TO THEBOARD 2 YRS BACK WHEN I FIRST SAW HIM @ ely.

Then folks down played him before the season last yr..meanwhile he looked better than 4 star Holmes all year.

Advertisement
Back