South Florida '22- The LBs

Glad we got the best one

He looks better than any true LB (not converted DE or S) we've had in So FL in several years.

2021 More explosive than Hood on film. We all know Lewis has ridiculous upside but he apparently is a head case.
2020 Wingo is a converted end. Hyppolite is an MLB (liked him). Eaford left Oregon. Greene busted at Nebraska
2019 Better highlights than Huff and Solomon's HUDL highlights. Can't remember anyone else from South Florida that was high P5 level.

Advertisement
Wesley is a dawg, but he needs to get bigger. If he told y'all he weighed 200 pounds he'd be lying. I'm also curious about his shuttle time, as he seemed a little suspect in coverage when I saw him.

I really like Omar Graham. Did we push for him, or did FSU flat out beat us? I like Marshall but it's hard where to even project him. Lathan is best as a rover/striker. I also like Mason.

I like Graham too. He arrives with bad intentions. Smart kid too. Radio will find a way to keep him in the dog house though.

1640720961160.png

I didn't mind Lathan as a striker recruit

I think Mason can play at UM...I think you are correct in that Brown is a one dimensional thumper, but I think Mason can be a little more than that...I see change of direction and agility on that tape.

Advertisement
Mason will end up like Miami Pace Backer Anthony Walker who went to Northwestern and ends up as a nfl starter at lb int he league and wasnt even thought of as a high school recruit (he begged for a um offer though)

I didn't mind Lathan as a striker recruit

I think Mason can play at UM...I think you are correct in that Brown is a one dimensional thumper, but I think Mason can be a little more than that...I see change of direction and agility on that tape.
We’re not going to use anything close to striker anymore. We’re probably switching to a 3-4 odd front defense based on who we’re connected to.

We’re not going to use anything close to striker anymore. We’re probably switching to a 3-4 odd front defense based on who we’re connected to.
I didn't say were were...Just mentioning that I liked Lathan in that role.

We shall see...Alot of 3-4 are playing hybrid stand up guys. And a lot 4-3 are multiple front...Oregon (and most schools) was using a lot a hybrid type in secondary but they were more DB than LB.

I agree it looks like we are going to an odd front...It's frustrating because its may mean some extra time in transition phase. We have 4-3, 4-2-5 personnel.

Mason will end up like Miami Pace Backer Anthony Walker who went to Northwestern and ends up as a nfl starter at lb int he league and wasnt even thought of as a high school recruit (he begged for a um offer though)

I concur...I think he's clear #2 on this Sofla list behind Bissainthe. I like him better than Graham, Brown, etc...

Advertisement
He looks better than any true LB (not converted DE or S) we've had in So FL in several years.

2021 More explosive than Hood on film. We all know Lewis has ridiculous upside but he apparently is a head case.
2020 Wingo is a converted end. Hyppolite is an MLB (liked him). Eaford left Oregon. Greene busted at Nebraska
2019 Better highlights than Huff and Solomon's HUDL highlights. Can't remember anyone else from South Florida that was high P5 level.
Solomon just transferred to Arizona. He was too skinny for the Big 10.

Advertisement
Back