South Florida '21- The WRs

Advertisement
Crazy how many D1 level WR's are down here in a 2-county radius, yearly!

You guys have a fleet every year. Did the transfers get on campus before everything shut down?

Should be fun to watch those guys with Zamora.

You guys have a fleet every year. Did the transfers get on campus before everything shut down?

Should be fun to watch those guys with Zamora.
Yeah they were already here and participating in off-season workouts.
I thought Michael Jordan was a Linebacker transfer when I saw him. Kid is BIG.

Biggest difference this season will be Zamora and his continuity with the WR's. They grew up playing with Pete, and this off-season they were all on the same 7-on-7 team. Last year's unit loved Michael Pratt, but they didn't KNOW HIM like these WR's know Pete.
Pete is a leader and probably takes more pride in being a QB than any kid I've seen in my 13 years of coaching. The same day that Broward County cancelled after-school activities I decided to get a lift in at YouFit...In walks Zamora with his best friend. Kid is a worker.

We can get all the transfers we want, every year, but championship teams need CONTINUITY in my opinion.

Yeah they were already here and participating in off-season workouts.
I thought Michael Jordan was a Linebacker transfer when I saw him. Kid is BIG.

Biggest difference this season will be Zamora and his continuity with the WR's. They grew up playing with Pete, and this off-season they were all on the same 7-on-7 team. Last year's unit loved Michael Pratt, but they didn't KNOW HIM like these WR's know Pete.
Pete is a leader and probably takes more pride in being a QB than any kid I've seen in my 13 years of coaching. The same day that Broward County cancelled after-school activities I decided to get a lift in at YouFit...In walks Zamora with his best friend. Kid is a worker.

We can get all the transfers we want, every year, but championship teams need CONTINUITY in my opinion.

Tell him Kevin Knowles says hey....lmao

Thats Knowles on his highlight tape a play he pushed off on that got called back. .50 min mark

He's a big kid...but Knowles was in his head for that 1.

I coached against 6 of these kids this year. (1 played on my team)...and 7 if Plantation game didnt get cancelled.

Deep *** group of wr's with still some more kids that will emerge.

Brooks was real impressive, Stellato caught us on a crosser lol..The Fort Lauderdale kid size was scary and he has good feet at that size. Likely 6'3-6'4 190. Michael Jordan has a big body and went up on Kevin Knowles on a play using it.

Fred Killings is Roscoe Parrish like with the ball in his hands and a tough kid.

Advertisement
Nice write up and good discussion.

Do you guys think we stay in So Fl for our WR class this year? How do guys like Raines, Grimes, Nabers compare to the locals?

We need to land minimum 4 WRs this class. Alexis, Brooks, George, Brinson. If Yulkeith wants in we take him, as the spread attack will feature/rotate more WRs so we need numbers to increase the level of competition for snaps. If Yulkeith goes elsewhere, we take either an OOS commit or one of the under the radar gems @Liberty City El mentioned as our 5th WR.

Advertisement
I BELIEVE IF BAMA REALLY WANTS ALEXIS HE GOES THERE....BUT IT LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A LEGIT SHOT.

GEORGE I THINK WE SHOULD EASILY WHEEL IN

BROOKS I honestly think will be a domino effect guy as well as Brinson. Dont think we get YUL brown.

Bralon Brown and Skinner are legit shots or guys that could be layups.

Advertisement
I BELIEVE IF BAMA REALLY WANTS ALEXIS HE GOES THERE....BUT IT LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A LEGIT SHOT.

GEORGE I THINK WE SHOULD EASILY WHEEL IN

BROOKS I honestly think will be a domino effect guy as well as Brinson. Dont think we get YUL brown.

Bralon Brown and Skinner are legit shots or guys that could be layups.

If we get 2-3 of the guys mentioned here, it'll be a good WR class.

If Lashlee's offense shows the ability to spread the ball around and score points, I believe we'll be in play for more of these kids than we originally thought.

We have to finally become a reflection of our surroundings, a microcosm of the city. High-flying, point-scoring, backflip celebrating, sons of guns...WOOOOO!

No more of this three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust bullsh!t.

If Lashlee's offense shows the ability to spread the ball around and score points, I believe we'll be in play for more of these kids than we originally thought.

We have to finally become a reflection of our surroundings, a microcosm of the city. High-flying, point-scoring, backflip celebrating, sons of guns...WOOOOO!

No more of this three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust bullsh!t.

Exactly. That’s why I’m not even sweating WR recruiting right now. We will have our shot with all of these guys if we perform. We've seen this movie a million times .

Advertisement
I coached against 6 of these kids this year. (1 played on my team)...and 7 if Plantation game didnt get cancelled.

Deep *** group of wr's with still some more kids that will emerge.

Brooks was real impressive, Stellato caught us on a crosser lol..The Fort Lauderdale kid size was scary and he has good feet at that size. Likely 6'3-6'4 190. Michael Jordan has a big body and went up on Kevin Knowles on a play using it.

Fred Killings is Roscoe Parrish like with the ball in his hands and a tough kid.

Killings looks very good to be...May like him better than Rutherford if we are looking for a jitterbug, both are sleepers. Roscoe Gibson decent too, and taller so that's one thing...but for sheer elusiveness, possible punt return guy, I think I lean Killings? At least off these hudls

Advertisement
Back