South Florida '21- The DTs

Advertisement
Baugh looks pretty good. Why are we not on him? He committed to Colorado but I’m sure we could flip him, I would think.

How much upside is present with Collins?

How far behind Taylor is he considering how light Taylor is?

Advertisement
Need at minimum 2 DT’s in the ‘21 class. Hopefully top dogs and ones with nasty streaks in them. I’m not projecting anyone - Taylor seems to love UM but he’s probably just doing it for the offers and cold cash. Would love Haye but he’s getting lots of love at the moment. Some of the other kids D$ pointed out would be great as well, I fear we are going to take our shot, lose Collins, and be left with our **** in our hands, yet again.

How much upside is present with Collins?

How far behind Taylor is he considering how light Taylor is?

Collins is one of the most interesting prospects heading into his senior year. His junior tape was average, but he was new to football. Based on what his coaches are saying and how he looked in camp, he has improved tremendously.

The physical talent is off the charts.

Collins is one of the most interesting prospects heading into his senior year. His junior tape was average, but he was new to football. Based on what his coaches are saying and how he looked in camp, he has improved tremendously.

Thanks for the info. @DMoney you mention Collins as being more fast than quick. Do you think that quickness is there from a traits perspective? Would maturing physically and gaining comfort in his play/assignments be elements that would help?

I also am uncertain Taylor has elite burst now so that makes me a little iffy translating that to him eventually weighing 35-49 pounds more - are my untrained eyes deceiving me?

Greatly appreciate the conversation/input from all.

He looked like a totally different player at that last camp he was at. I was pretty down on him before that from how he looked last summer in Atlanta. Just looked sluggish and was basically quitting as soon as he got blocked.

Advertisement
Thanks for the info. @DMoney you mention Collins as being more fast than quick. Do you think that quickness is there from a traits perspective? Would maturing physically and gaining comfort in his play/assignments be elements that would help?

I also am uncertain Taylor has elite burst now so that makes me a little iffy translating that to him eventually weighing 35-49 pounds more - are my untrained eyes deceiving me?

Greatly appreciate the conversation/input from all.

Good question. Collins is faster than quick but is getting quicker as he becomes more comfortable with football movements.

Taylor is better laterally and more coordinated but the real difference maker is his hands. He is a trained martial artist and he translates that to the field. The truly elite DL are great with their hands.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back