South Florida '21- The DTs

I'm not debating you, I don't need to waste my time. Look at the ratings. There's a reason the others are ranked higher. I'll take the people that get paid to evaluate over your opinion. Like i said before, we go 6-7 instead of 12-1 because people like you think our recruiting is up to par with the the elites of CFB.
Oh I’m so sorry, I completely forgot that they don’t change the rankings and they are set in stone right after the end of their junior year. Please excuse me

Advertisement
I'm not debating you, I don't need to waste my time. Look at the ratings. There's a reason the others are ranked higher. I'll take the people that get paid to evaluate over your opinion. Like i said before, we go 6-7 instead of 12-1 because people like you think our recruiting is up to par with the the elites of CFB.
So we go 6-7 cause a guy at home thinks our recruiting is on par? That guy has some power

Our D is a flat track bully. Don't have enough difference makers to consistently make the plays when the game is on the line. They're decent coaches but they can't at a consistently high enough level to close the gap between us and the big boys.
i dont disagree however the original poster made it seem as though we we had an al golden d again. i do think we can improve however we are a solid d right now and have been recruiting dline well as of recent.

Buddy Ryan.jpg

Who would you want as Dline Coach to replace Stroud.

Go Canes

Advertisement
All we have to do is win and show kids we can compete as far as this year goes we might as well hang it up. The DT we want are not coming here im sorry to say it but we suck until we can prove it.

Not even recruiting Marquis Robinson, not even in the running for Desmond Watson, not even recruiting Tim Williams, Anthony Hundley gone to LSU, Chris Thomas gone to Florida but we'll get Allan Haye, the 43rd best recruit at DT in the country. Sapp gone too. LT, lol. Every single highly rated DT in Florida is projected to the Gata. This is why we can't/won't be elite. We need an elite DL coach that can recruit. Stroud is OK, but he don't resonate with the elite DT's.
We need Wins!!!!!

Oh I’m so sorry, I completely forgot that they don’t change the rankings and they are set in stone right after the end of their junior year. Please excuse me
You’re right, I immediately expect him to jump to an elite, top ranked # 1 DT by the end of his Senior year. 🤫

Advertisement
@Nick_conlan is our recruiting guru. Just watch...he gets paid for this.
Or, get this, I watch film. It’s not hard to do. Haye has really good tape. Better than the kids u mentioned. He’s more battle tested (schedule wise) and he’s only been playing for 2 years. Do I think he’s gonna end up the number #1 dt? Of course not but I think he will end up a 4 star. Although silvera did jump from a 3 star to the number #2 dt so who knows

Or, get this, I watch film. It’s not hard to do. Haye has really good tape. Better than the kids u mentioned. He’s more battle tested (schedule wise) and he’s only been playing for 2 years. Do I think he’s gonna end up the number #1 dt? Of course not but I think he will end up a 4 star. Although silvera did jump from a 3 star to the number #2 dt so who knows
[/QUOT
Can you ask the coaches why we don't recruit OL from Iowa or Wisconsin? ❤ thx.

Advertisement
One note on Haye. Was listening to the Ivins podcast after he committed and they mentioned his 80 inch wingspan. Yesterday during the draft Aiyuk gets picked up and ESPN mentioned he the same wingspan of someone whose 6’5 ironically enough also 80 inches. Whether it’s NBA or NFL wingspan is an important trait

One note on Haye. Was listening to the Ivins podcast after he committed and they mentioned his 80 inch wingspan. Yesterday during the draft Aiyuk gets picked up and ESPN mentioned he the same wingspan of someone whose 6’5 ironically enough also 80 inches. Whether it’s NBA or NFL wingspan is an important trait

Yup. People think height is huge, but wingspan is where it's at.
A slightly shorter guy on the interior playing with leverage, power, and agility, but also with longish arms that he use to keep an OL's hands off him... might be nasty. I am a big fan of Haye.

Yup that 6’5 man was megatron

Advertisement

had atleast 3 college scouts check out a cb that played at the school i coached (a cb that um offered in this class) and had all of them say they dont give a **** about his height because of the length of his arms

Advertisement
Back