South Florida '19- The Pass Rushers

View as article
Advertisement
Career reviews

Khris Bogle - Signed with UF. In the pass rush rotation in 2019, 2020 and 2021. Transferred to Michigan State. Injured in 2022. Rotational pass rusher in 2023.

Cam Williams - Signed with Miami. Redshirted 2019. Rotational pass rusher 2020. Dismissed from school right before fall camp 2021 due to poor academic performance. Officially entered portal spring 2022, doesn't appear to have found a suitor. Current status unclear.

Ishmael Goulbourne - Signed with Syracuse. Redshirted 2019. Reserve 2020. Entered portal. Current status unclear.

D'Sean Perry - Signed with Virginia. Redshirted 2019. Reserve 2020. In the rotation at LB in 2021 and 2022. Tragically, on November 13th, 2022, D'Sean was murdered by former UVA walk-on RB Christopher Jones. Rest in peace, D'Sean.

Desmond Dorceus - Was committed to Air Force. Decided to join the FIU track & field team instead.

Demetris Dorceus - Was committed to Air Force. Decided to join the FIU track & field team instead.

Devenere Norfleet - Apparently he was committed to play at St. Thomas at one point, unsure if he ever made it there. He received a PPP loan for $20,833 in March 2021 and it hasn't been forgiven yet, hope he pulls through.
Without question the best "Career" review you've ever done, brother.

I'm howling.

Also, RIP to D'Sean. Played at the same park as a few of the boys on our roster as a youth, but was a few grades up. He could have been a guy, too. **** shame. Hope his family is well.

These reviews keep showing 3 things. 1. So FL pumps out NFL talent, 2. it's not always obvious which top dog in HS develops into NFL talent so evals REALLY matter and 3. There is not enough local talent year-in-year-out at every position even if we got the pick of the litter to get back to being national champions. So rest-of-FL and OOS recruiting still matters a lot.

I would put Mario up against any other HC in landing properly evaluated top local and non-local kids. Hence my believe that despite his many other flaws and abysmal record to date, we are steadily marching towards being a powerhouse under him.

Advertisement
Back