South Florida '18- The TEs

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
South Florida has always struggled to produce tight ends. While it's still the weakest position locally, you are starting to see Power 5 tight ends come out of this region. In the past two years, Nick Eubanks (Michigan), Kemore Gamble (Florida) and Ravian Pierce (Syracuse) have all signed with Power 5 schools. A couple years ago, three local TEs got picked in the same draft- Clive Walford, Nick O'Leary and Gerald Christian.

The 2018 class probably won't produce any Hurricanes since we are after big national fish. But I wouldn't be shocked to see multiple Power 5 signees from this group.

* = verified numbers

Daniel Barker- 6’4, 230 (Deerfield Beach)- A Boyd Anderson transfer with an impressive physical profile for the position. Good length and body size. Spends most of his time detached from line. Comfortable as a receiver and can run. Would like to see him use his size more in the running game. Visited Miami for Junior Day.

[HUDL]video/3/4677651/582229604ba8772f0c8dfe38[/HUDL]

Chris Carter, Jr.- 6’2, 220*(Keys Gate)- One of my favorite prospects and a guy that Miami is tracking. Similar game to Chris Herndon. Complete player—he has the lower-body strength and quickness to run after the catch, he’s a smooth receiver, he plays in-line and he's also a playmaker on defense. Had a huge game against Chaminade where he caught the ball, carried it as a fullback and was extremely disruptive as a rusher. Attended Junior Day.

[HUDL]video/3/4763466/5805b4ef90f9941acc518932[/HUDL]

Herman McCray IV- 6’2, 227* (Oxbridge)- Big-bodied athlete who would have been a bigger name had he not missed his junior year. I’m assuming it was a knee injury based on the brace he wore at the Opening. Plays both ways but has been competing at TE on the camp circuit. Looked very athletic running routes at the Miami Opening and will be an impressive jumbo athlete once he sheds some bad weight. Claims an early Louisville offer.

Hermbo23 Sophomore year - Herman C. McCray IV highlights - Hudl

Cadarius Gaskin- 6'3, 211* (Atlantic)- Intriguing WR/H-back with high upside. Plays fast and presents a major speed mismatch up the seam at the high school level. Has in-line experience in high school.

8ball - Cadarius Gaskin highlights - Hudl

Shane Ellis
- 6’2, 210 (Olympic Heights)- Talented pass-catcher who would be a bigger name if he played for a bigger school. Has some similarities to another Palm Beach TE, Nick O’Leary. Excellent concentration and eye-hand coordination. QB friendly player who adjusts to the ball and has a feel for the passing game. Good route runner who has made waves on the 7on7 circuit.

Mr. Mismatch- Junior Tape - SHANE ELLIS highlights - Hudl

Last edited:
Advertisement
Man, this site is ridiculous.

I've never seen this much information/discussion generated on any website in 20 years. I mean ya'll are outpacing everybody. Plus, its FREE!!!!

Keep up the good work boys, it's much appreciated!

I like C.Carter a lot. He's a take imo...Delanie Walker type.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I'm not sure Chris Carter is a TE. Definitely a potential TE, but I can see a lot of teams recruiting him as a DL. Saw him last year when I was watching Scooter and Carter was killing it on the edge.

Not sure if he is a Miami take, but I think he is a power five take or the type of kid that Butch/Kiffin should be all over, every day down here. If I'm Butch, I have Jonnu Smith's boiled mug at his door recruiting him for FIU.

Man, this site is ridiculous.

I've never seen this much information/discussion generated on any website in 20 years. I mean ya'll are outpacing everybody. Plus, its FREE!!!!

Keep up the good work boys, it's much appreciated!

Best things in life are free man.

Bump with verified numbers. I also added Cadarius Gaskin from Delray Beach Atlantic. He was originally part of the WR write-up but, after seeing him at the Opening, I think he's a high-upside H-Back.

[HUDL]video/3/4376798/57dfc20011fa804f18442440[/HUDL]

Advertisement
Bump with verified numbers. I also added Cadarius Gaskin from Delray Beach Atlantic. He was originally part of the WR write-up but, after seeing him at the Opening, I think he's a high-upside H-Back.

Excellent thread DMoney... really appreciate the work. Thank you.

Reviews

Daniel Barker - Signed with Illinois. Redshirted 2018. One of the nation's premier tight ends in 2019, 2020 and 2021. Grad transferred to Michigan State, where he once again performed as one of the country's elite. Draft prospect.

Chris Carter - Signed with USF. Redshirted 2018. Special teamer in 2019. Reserve last 3 seasons.

Herman McCray - Signed with Georgia State. Redshirted 2018. Backup in '19, '20, and 2021. Transferred to Limestone University, a Division II school in South Carolina. (They offered ya boy in high school!) I can't find any individual stats for the 2022 season.

Cadarius Gaskin - Signed with FIU. Played 3 games as a freshman, catching a 75 yard TD against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. Caught 2 passes in 2019. I'm not sure what happened in 2020 or 2021, but he was apparently out of football those two years & rejoined the team in 2022. I can't find any stats for this season.

Shane Ellis - Signed with FAU, unsure if scholarship player or walk-on. Redshirted 2018. Unsure if he played in 2019. Entered portal in 2020, apparently landed at UAB, recorded no stats. Entered portal again in 2021, apparently has not found a suitor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back