South Florida '18- The OTs

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
The 2017 class had three prime-time prospects at tackle: Navaughn Donaldson, Kai-Leon Herbert and Kadeem Telfort. This group isn’t as good but you have some talented guys who can be developed.

* = verified

Davoan Hawkins- 6’3, 247 lbs., 5.23* (Chaminade)- Athletic, high-energy player with room to grow. Committed to play defense at Kentucky but has NFL upside on OL. Powerful hands. One of his old coaches told me his handshake is legendary. Very mobile and has the coordination to square up and strike in space.

[HUDL]video/3/4383259/58438b25dfd8b7230c0b44e0[/HUDL]

Kahric Belle- 6’6, 292, 5.93* (North Miami Beach)- Lean-body tackle with potential as a pass protector. Very good length and feet. Love his talent but I was disappointed with him at the Opening. He needs to get stronger. If he does, he can be a Power 5 LT.

[HUDL]video/3/6031359/583b3ac65b3cda08106a2223[/HUDL]

Despelado Alexandre- 6’5, 265 lbs. (Deerfield Beach)- Underrated player who is flying under the radar. I know [MENTION=8073]CarolCityHigh[/MENTION] also likes him a lot. Well-rounded skillset with length, feet and flexibility. Could blossom with a couple years of strength training and college coaching.

JUNIOR SEASON HIGHLIGHTS - Despelado Alexandre highlights - Hudl

Cameron Stage- 6’4, 295 lbs. (Cardinal Gibbons)- Coral Springs transfer who will benefit from high-level coaching and competition at Gibbons. Solid mover who can cut block like a smaller man. Would like to see more physicality and pop as a senior.

Cameron Stage - Hudl

Jack Fris- 6’4, 304 lbs., 5.84* (American Heritage)- Coral Springs, the home of Steve Hutchinson, is pumping out some linemen again. Last year was Corey Gaynor. This year you have Stage and Jack Fris, Gaynor’s old Douglas teammate. Fris is a smart, finesse player with some movement skills. He made a smart transfer to Heritage, where he’ll face killers like Andrew Chatfield and Nesta Silvera in practice.

Junior Highlights - Jack Fris highlights - Hudl

Troy Ingle, 6’4, 280 lbs. (American Heritage)- Another Heritage transfer, this one from Flanagan. Very fun player to watch. Has hair like an 80s metal guitarist and flies around with aggression. Don’t know his real size, but he and Davoan Hawkins are the two best athletes I’ve seen in this tackle class.

SVGSZN - Troy Ingle highlights - Hudl

Martin Weicz- 6’5, 300, 5.64* (Benjamin)- Big, smart player who protects the blinside for Jordan Travis at small-school Benjamin High. Has an early offer from Columbia. Lack of quickness and bend hurt him at the Opening, but he has legit size.

Junior Year #72 - Martin Weisz highlights - Hudl

Advertisement
[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION],

Out of the players you just listed, who do you like best and are any of these prospects on the coaches board?

Out of the players you just listed, who do you like best and are any of these prospects on the coaches board?

Hawkins is my favorite of the guys I've seen live, but I haven't seen all of them. Re: UM, I think Searels is looking upstate which makes sense.

The best Olinemen in Florida for the 2018 class are all in Central Florida with most of them being in Metro Orlando which is very UF biased. **** even the Media go out of their way to deliberately try an not mention unless it is in a negative or also-ran situation

Go Canes

Last edited:
The best Olinemen in Florida for the 2018 class are all in Central Florida with most of them being in Metro Orlando which is very UF biased. **** even the Media go out of their way to deliberately try an not mention unless it is in a negative or also-ran situation

Go Canes

u right bout that

Advertisement
If Ingle can frame out .... then you are looking at another Eric Winston type tackle. No way should a OT have that kid of speed running downfield to the next level. Very interested to see what happens with him as the year develops

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawkins is my favorite of the guys I've seen live, but I haven't seen all of them. Re: UM, I think Searels is looking upstate which makes sense.

Is it just me, or does Hawkins remind you of Kenard Lang? And we are not recruiting him at DE, why?

Looks like a football player to me.

Is it just me, or does Hawkins remind you of Kenard Lang? And we are not recruiting him at DE, why?

I think he's a 3T if he plays defense, maybe a two-gap DE in some systems. He has a lot of room to fill out.

Kool is after some studs so I'm guessing Hawkins is considered a borderline guy. We are aware of him.

D, great post.

You mention that Hawkins has NFL upside at OL. At 6'3", I'm assuming you mean on the interior right?

Advertisement
We got our work cut out for us on both sides of the line in recruiting this year. Need to raid enemy territory to get the talent we need. The IMG kids would be a coup.

If we get either Campbell, or Barnes, I would love us trying to flip Hawkins, Alexandre, or get Ingle for
That last spot. Some underrated upside guys listed here.

If Ingle can frame out .... then you are looking at another Eric Winston type tackle. No way should a OT have that kid of speed running downfield to the next level. Very interested to see what happens with him as the year develops

Ingle committed to WKU and it looks he will be forest lamp 2.0 for them. Hopefully if we miss out on some other tackles, Coach Searels will make a late effort to flip Troy Ingle, I like his upside after a redshirt year. You don't find many tackle that big that move that well.

Link to article
WKU offensive lineman Forrest Lamp picked in second round of NFL draft

Go Canes

He was a Junior in this picture.
rxhwamw12umsuoebpuoq

Last edited:
Advertisement
Career reviews

Davoan Hawkins - Signed with Kentucky. Moved to defense. Redshirted 2018. Reserve in 2019. Backup in 2020, recorded 2 TFLs and a sack. Transferred to Tennessee State. In the spring 2021 season recorded 32 tackles, 5 sacks and 9 TFLs. 29 tackles, 2 sacks and 4.5 TFLs fall 2021. 31 tackles, a sack and 4.5 TFLs in 2022.

Kahric Belle - Signed with NC State. Redshirted 2018. Attended 2 different JUCOs in 2019. I spoke to another player at NC State at the time and they told me "he showed up nearly 500 pounds. He was in such terrible shape, you would've never thought the guy ever played a sport before." Unsure of current status.

Despelado Alexandre - Signed with Georgia State. Redshirted 2018. Reserve in 2019, 2020 and 2021. Current status unclear. Brother of Pitt edge Deslin Alexandre.

Cam Stage - Signed with Bowling Green. Reserve in 2018. Backup in 2019. Started every game at center in 2020. Transferred to Western Kentucky. Reserve last 2 seasons.

Jack Fris - Signed with Lehigh University. Redshirted 2018. Starter at tackle in 2019, the spring 2021 season & the fall 2021 season, alternating between the left and right side. Current status unclear, seems like he stepped away from football.

Troy Ingle - Was committed to Western Kentucky. Unclear if he ever signed there or played football anywhere past high school.

Martin Weisz - Signed with Virginia. Redshirted 2018. Did not play in 2019. Medically retired in 2020.

Advertisement
Back