South Florida '17- the QBs

View as article
Advertisement
James Blackman is a more athletic teddy bridgewater out of high school, thin guy but can absolutely rip and if CMR wants to run the offense like he did at FSU then he's a perfect fit. I absolutely love him, just hope he develops into teddy here and no where else

James Blackman is a more athletic teddy bridgewater out of high school, thin guy but can absolutely rip and if CMR wants to run the offense like he did at FSU then he's a perfect fit. I absolutely love him, just hope he develops into teddy here and no where else

I agree. This kid can sling it. Out of all of the highlight films DMoney posted in this thread, Blackman looks like the best overall QB, IMO.

[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] this is why I've been lobbying for the spread around here for years. Our local QB's are signing with spread schools and lighting it up. Makes no **** sense.

Good group.
I like Blackman.
Him and that dart-throwing lefty from Georgia and we're good.

Advertisement
[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] this is why I've been lobbying for the spread around here for years. Our local QB's are signing with spread schools and lighting it up. Makes no **** sense.

Spread read option or spread air raid? I think Richt can and will run the latter at times. He did so when he had Charlie Ward. Blackman and Telfort look like they'd be very successful in spread air raid especially Telfort.

Spread read option or spread air raid? I think Richt can and will run the latter at times. He did so when he had Charlie Ward. Blackman and Telfort look like they'd be very successful in spread air raid especially Telfort.

Well that would depend on the QB. If you got a guy who can make the defense pay with his feet then it would be nice to sprinkle in a few QB runs into the mix. If not, then you coordinate your offense around what he can do.

I just wanna see us spread it out.

Telfort the truth...

Being coached by Eddie Brown(Antonio Brown's dad)...

Blackman weighs 155 pounds..not even kidding.

Allen is average at best...

Clomombi #'s will go up as he is at chaminade who has recruited a small army to their school.

If Telfort grades are good..he's the local guy I would recruit

Agree looks natural, has good vision, looks like a gamer

Advertisement
D$, suggest we unpin several of the threads at the top and pin these early evaluations so we can track them as the year unfolds.

Henry Colombi (Chaminade) 6'3, 180, 4.59

Very quick player who put up huge passing numbers as a junior. Colombi won the Super 7 challenge (the local version of the Elite 11) and has reportedly grown almost 3 inches from his junior season. He is also an excellent student in the classroom. I like him better than Allen.

Junior Highlights 2015 - Henry Colombi highlights - Hudl

kind of the most import trait in a QB.....

for some reason the QBs in SFL that usually put up big numbers are usually 5'9... Seeing how this kid is 6'3, i'd say he's worth the look

Advertisement
Another guy I should've mentioned in the OP is Todd Centeio, the Qb for Dwyer and a former Miami commit. He hasn't grown much since when he committed as a younger teen (still only 6'1) but he brings a nice skill set for a spread-offense. Good arm and some running ability:

Junior Year - Todd Centeio highlights - Hudl

I'm lame as **** with no life, so I'm gonna go thru all the positions from this class to see how they turned out, as they would be redshirt seniors & have exhausted their eligibility this year under normal circumstances.

James Blackman - Probably worst starting QB in FSU history. He was handed a **** sandwich though, so he really can't be accurately judged. Passed for 1300 yards & 8 TDs at Arkansas State this year as they couldn't find an answer at the QB position.

Shabazz Telfort - Not quite sure what happened here? He just disappeared after high school. I saw he got a PPP loan for $20k, hope he pays that back.

Jake Allen - Signed with UF, transferred after his redshirt year, has thrown 3 career passes at Dartmouth.

Henry Colombi - Signed with Utah State, redshirted in '17, played in mop up duty in '18 and '19, transferred to Texas Tech after Matt Wells's hiring & has been their 2nd string QB the last 2 seasons, recording over 2000 passing yards & 16 total TDs

Nick Holm - Went to Florida Tech, can't find much on him but doesn't look like he plays much if at all

Todd Centeio - Appeared in spot duty for both Temple & Colorado State from 2017-2020, before being named the CSU Rams starting QB in 2021. Passed for 3k yards, 15 TDs and 10 INTs, and announced his grad transfer to James Madison a few days ago.

I'll do more as I'm inspired.

Advertisement
Back