South Florida '17- The Interior OL

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
The tackles will get the attention, but this class of interior linemen is as good as I can remember. Miami has a chance to restock the trenches without leaving South Florida.

Tedarrell Slaton- 6’5, 341 pounds (American Heritage)- Rare combination of mass and athletic ability. Some project him as a tackle, but I see a guard all the way. Motor runs hot and cold, which is normal for a gifted big man who plays both ways. Unique talent.

[HUDL]athlete/2849089/highlights/283338805[/HUDL]

Camp- vs. Camp Footage - Tedarrell Slaton Jr. highlights - Hudl
Basektball highlights- vs. Archbishop McCarthy High School - Tedarrell Slaton Jr. highlights - Hudl

Corey Gaynor- 6’4, 282 pounds (Douglas)- One of my favorite players in the class. Gaynor gets lost in the shuffle because he doesn’t go to one of the Broward powers. He reminds me of Kc McDermott with his frame, aggression and pop. Good bloodlines, too- his brother is a stud JUCO guard who just signed with TCU.

[HUDL]athlete/3779911/highlights/261224383[/HUDL]

Kyron Taylor- 6’2, 278 pounds (South Dade)- Explosive, nationally ranked wrestler who projects as a center at the next level. Reminds me of Rodney Hudson from FSU (now with the Raiders). Agile and violent in space. Coach Mirabal is trying to sneak him to Marshall but Taylor is a much better prospect than that.

Kyron Taylor junior highlights - Kyron Taylor highlights - Hudl

Cody Bowes- 6’5, 280 pounds (St. Thomas Aquinas)- Converted basketball player with NFL-caliber physical tools. Bowes looks the part of a blue chip prospect with long arms and a heavy lower-body. He’s projected inside but his feet might be good enough to stay at tackle.

Junior year tape - Cody Bowes highlights - Hudl

Robert Hawkins- 6’5 , 260 pounds (American Heritage via Plantation)- Talented space player who can really run. Good frame to gain weight. Very quick off the snap whether he’s on offense or defense. He will be a big boost to a Heritage line that already has Tedarrell Slaton and Kai-Leon Herbert.

4 Game Highlights - Robert Hawkins highlights - Hudl

Robert Holmes- 6’5, 335 pounds (Oxbridge Academy)- Enormous wide-body who paved the way for Travis Homer. Like Slaton, Holmes plays both ways and moves well for a guy his size. He’s a long way away from a conditioning and technique standpoint, but the raw tools are intriguing. Auburn and Michigan State are showing interest.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3202736/highlights/280749889

Willa Pierre- 6’3, 285 pounds (Booker T)- Quick, scrappy blocker who fits best in a zone-blocking scheme.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4038448/highlights/304263376

Cedric Jackson- 6’3, 300 pounds (Norland)- Road-grader who just needs to improve his consistency. Powerful and flexible as a drive blocker. Plays next to star LT Kadeem Telfort but will get looks of his own.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4459311/highlights/311040416

Last edited:
Advertisement
Slaton is a must get. Sadly he's the type of player that goes to Bama.

Last edited:
Slaton is a tackle. He's big and agile enough for it. Has a good punch and I like the leverage he plays with too.

Advertisement
Can we steal Telfort from UF?

I know RS has a lot of sway at Norland but Telfort is a really good prospect at major need

I know RS has a lot of sway at Norland but Telfort is a really good prospect at major need

RS doesn't just "have a lot of sway" at Norland, he's an alumni and a lot of us look up to him as the most successful football alumni from the school. Though I'm also really hoping we can convince him to re-commit to Miami. Doesn't help that we just sent a LB (Vosean Joseph) to UF though.

Slaton is a tackle. He's big and agile enough for it. Has a good punch and I like the leverage he plays with too.

He is capable of playing tackle but I think his wide, top-heavy body type fits best at guard. Guys like Telfort and Donaldson are more pure tackle prospects IMO.

RS doesn't just "have a lot of sway" at Norland, he's an alumni and a lot of us look up to him as the most successful football alumni from the school. Though I'm also really hoping we can convince him to re-commit to Miami. Doesn't help that we just sent a LB (Vosean Joseph) to UF though.

I wish that was the case when Dwayne Bowe came out.

Also Telfort was committed to us first, so there is a chance.

Advertisement
Slaton is just a big unmovable force, not particularly agile, I see guard.
Love the athleticism of Kyron Taylor and his sticktuiveness.
Holmes is the type of big powerful guard you'll need against SEC caliber teams with good DLines.
Ced Jackson is a pit bull, Locks on and doesn't let loose, ***** height.
Gaynor has the aggression and get off all coaches like.
If you want a skilled athletic tackle then Hawkins is a guy that can be developed into a great one.
Cody Bowes will need work, but his thick lower body says he's powerful and he's agile.

What happen to the Latin kid who was also highly regarded? Man the U has got to have a Latin Lineman.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Been saying it for a while, but the OL commitments we get this class will make or break this class, it will tell me a lot about Richts recruiting philosophy. I really hope we are showing love to Taylor, that kid is a monster, we missed Terry, another underrated recruit in the past by looking over SFL OLinemen. I hope we end up with OT Slaton OT Kai Leon Herbert C Bowes(kid is smart and will make it difficult for defenders to knock the ball down and LBs to see run and play action plays cause his height at Center) OG Donaldson OG K Taylor, and will in Jerry Drake or Notori Johnson and that is an A+ haul regardless of stars, imo, Taylor is a top 5 guard in the nation. Once we learn how to stack good depth in certain classes its a wrap for the nation.

I wish that was the case when Dwayne Bowe came out.

Also Telfort was committed to us first, so there is a chance.

thank your boy James Coley for clearing that check...and getting himself a gig up at lsu with jimbo off of D-Bowe.

I like Taylor as a c/g prospect. Love his agressiona nd ability to get to next level and finish blocks.

Slaton to me is an a1 guard...a solid prospect at rt. He can play either or...when he is mad...he is a problem..MUST GET...Rumph better get...not a question...no excuses this year.

Dade n Broward seems to have legit div 1 ol talent in this class and that's before we hit Palm Beach.
We hit the jackpot on ol this year...time to churn that roster..as we have numbers...but if we can get some guys to step up..some will be shown the door.

Advertisement
Back