South Dade v. Jackson

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Was watching the Jackson/South Dade game last night, and Nate Terry jumped out. He is legit 6'5 receiver who gets off the line with some burst and has good hands. I'm not sure if he can add enough weight to play tight end, but he is a 2014 kid to keep an eye on.

The actual game could have been a real good one if Jackson didn't fumble three times on the goal line. South Dade ended up winning 28-14. The Buccaneers are undefeated and have one of the better offenses I've seen down here this year. Khalil Render is a good and accurate quarterback, and Johnnie Hankins (Homestead transfer) is a talented 2015 running back who may merit Big 3 looks as a corner. Tyre Brady, CJ Worton, Terry and Devontay Keaton line up four-wide and are all D-1 kids.

Winky Flowers played safety most of the night and picked up an INT. Even though he has improved a lot as a pocket passer, I am convinced safety is where he has the highest upside. He may be the best safety in South Florida.

Highlights

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/videogallery/s-dade-vs-jackson/

Last edited:
Advertisement
A couple of other players who impressed: James Wiggins (2016) is going to be a big-time safety for South Dade. Jackson also has an OLB (#5) who I haven't been able to get a name on but who always shows up and performs.

D money, did you get a chance to see how terry was at stock blocking or his physicality? Any way to see if he has a desire or mindset to play TE?

Advertisement
D money, did you get a chance to see how terry was at stock blocking or his physicality? Any way to see if he has a desire or mindset to play TE?

Tough to tell on mentality. Didn't seem soft by any means. His body is lean, but his WR coach is confident he will grow into a TE at the next level.

D, have you previously given your thoughts on Brady?

Loved him at the Golden Camp in 2012. This is first full year of varsity ball. He looked good yesterday and has Miami talent. Some on the staff are very high on him. I'd like to see him improve his off-field dependability before saying he is a big-time prospect, though. If he does that, very real chance he is in this class.

South Dade has been developing Terrys since when I was there from 92-94. Good to see they're balling out.

Advertisement
I know his pops who played at WVU and trust me pops is waiting for that WVU offer. If WVU offers that is where is more than likely is headed. Cane Los yeah so you went to SD with all the Terrys as that is during the time a lot of them were there. But they were around before those years.

Tough to tell on mentality. Didn't seem soft by any means. His body is lean, but his WR coach is confident he will grow into a TE at the next level.

D, have you previously given your thoughts on Brady?

Loved him at the Golden Camp in 2012. This is first full year of varsity ball. He looked good yesterday and has Miami talent. Some on the staff are very high on him. I'd like to see him improve his off-field dependability before saying he is a big-time prospect, though. If he does that, very real chance he is in this class.

DMoney, would you mind elaborating on what it is exactly that you like about Brady? This guy is one of those south Florida legends, and yet there's not real film on him, so I'd be curious to see what your opinion is about his specific attributes since you've been able to see him in person.

I know his pops who played at WVU and trust me pops is waiting for that WVU offer. If WVU offers that is where is more than likely is headed. Cane Los yeah so you went to SD with all the Terrys as that is during the time a lot of them were there. But they were around before those years.

I realize the father attended WVU, but why would he push his son to that shiitehole school whose football program is mired in a conference
where they are slowly dying?
What a terrible father.

Advertisement
DMoney, would you mind elaborating on what it is exactly that you like about Brady? This guy is one of those south Florida legends, and yet there's not real film on him, so I'd be curious to see what your opinion is about his specific attributes since you've been able to see him in person.

First off, he's big. A legit 6'3 with broad shoulders. He is a very smooth runner at that size, to the point that he returns kicks for South Dade. He has a very good catch radius and can win jump balls. Good speed, can definitely get down the field.

Just a very good athlete with length.

First off, he's big. A legit 6'3 with broad shoulders. He is a very smooth runner at that size, to the point that he returns kicks for South Dade. He has a very good catch radius and can win jump balls. Good speed, can definitely get down the field.

DMoney,based on your eyeball test, is he more explosive than Lane? The rumors have been he's a better athlete than Lane with bad grades.

DMoney,based on your eyeball test, is he more explosive than Lane? The rumors have been he's a better athlete than Lane with bad grades.

I'd say Lane is more explosive and better overall.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back