Sound Familiar????

Advertisement
Well, everything's on paper until we see how it plays out. But my reasoning is as follows:

Hartley coached TEs and Safeties at Marshall. Field coached TEs at FAMU. What's the difference? Meanwhile, Field was a head coach at North Marion and Miami Northwestern. I think that trumps Hartley from a coaching perspective.

Hartley recruited 2 great TEs a year ago after a mulligan class and only one JAG prior. Field was the director of recruiting for Oregon, where Cristobal had their best recruiting class in history. That's at least a wash.

So a HS coach trumps a D1 FBS level position coach that has produced draft picks at 2 different school in his short career? That truly sounds like some dumb *** Gator Logic.

Well, everything's on paper until we see how it plays out. But my reasoning is as follows:

Hartley coached TEs and Safeties at Marshall. Field coached TEs at FAMU. What's the difference? Meanwhile, Field was a head coach at North Marion and Miami Northwestern. I think that trumps Hartley from a coaching perspective.

Hartley recruited 2 great TEs a year ago after a mulligan class and only one JAG prior. Field was the director of recruiting for Oregon, where Cristobal had their best recruiting class in history. That's at least a wash.

Also when he was at Marshall as the Recruiting Coordinator mind you a position he was given after Seider left for WVU, He produced numerous CUSA #1 recruiting classes.

In 3 years we will consider Field an upgrade. Bookmark this.

Also why are people still calling him "Fields"? We are like 5 months in now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't know how well of a tight ends Fields will be, but he has a ton of experience in the recruiting world and has been very successful.

took this from the UGA board- the thread is which recruit will commit next:

Todd Hartley has set his sights high on reeling in two special talents at tight end this cycle, going after arguably the most physically gifted prospects at the position in the country in Gilbert and Darnell Washington. The pitch has been that each bring a unique skillset to the offense and would play different roles together on the field, and it has caught their attention.

I like Hartley, he's clearly a good recruiter.

But it's not like UGA was struggling to recruit elite TEs. They landed Nauta, Luke Ford, and 2 other 4* TEs in the 3 years prior.

Gilbert was always going to UGA. Washington would be an impressive pull, although Hartley refused to recruit Washington while he was at Miami, so I wonder if he's really a selling point there

Advertisement
Clemson, baga and dogs have more on field success, college town appeal (u a star there) and $$$ than we have now. I've spent time in Athens and lord be my witness it's nothing there. More so with Clemson and baga. dogs using ATL in their sales pitch. Have too.

Advertisement
I like Hartley, he's clearly a good recruiter.

But it's not like UGA was struggling to recruit elite TEs. They landed Nauta, Luke Ford, and 2 other 4* TEs in the 3 years prior.

Gilbert was always going to UGA. Washington would be an impressive pull, although Hartley refused to recruit Washington while he was at Miami, so I wonder if he's really a selling point there
I like what you did there "selling point"

Advertisement
Back