Sound Familiar????

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
took this from the UGA board- the thread is which recruit will commit next:

Todd Hartley has set his sights high on reeling in two special talents at tight end this cycle, going after arguably the most physically gifted prospects at the position in the country in Gilbert and Darnell Washington. The pitch has been that each bring a unique skillset to the offense and would play different roles together on the field, and it has caught their attention.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not only that, it seems that everyone has Rosemy headed to Georgia and James Williams is sucking up everything that Curby is puking out of his mouth about Georgia. I wish we could recruit South Florida as well as the carpet ****ers.

Can’t wait to see an offense called by James Coley. He might get a pass this year since Fromm is a stud. They will be calling for his head soon

We are going to really have to fight for Washington. They feel pretty confident on him - you know if it goes to the end and they want him what will happen...

They have their most recent commit - Mikail Sherman- working him, too. Supposedly Sherman is the 2020 "Alpha" who is going to work a bunch of guys: Flowe & Washington being two of them...

Advertisement
Hartley was the special teams coach.

I liked his attitude and his recruiting, especially the tight ends, but as a coach he was the one guy that had the one job: special teams. Remember that. Remember the punting. Remember our overall special teams play.

There’s just some basic shlt that you have to get right if you are a coach. Maybe he should’ve been something else other than the special teams coach. But I don’t know how we can objectively say that he didn’t fail at that job.

Last edited:
Advertisement
i'm mean if Washington wants a better chance at being drafted in the first round than UM is the school for him.

Hartley what’s the special teams coach.

I liked his attitude and his recruiting, especially the tight ends, but as a coach he was the one guy that had the one job: special teams. Remember that. Remember the punting. Remember our overall special teams play.

There’s just some basic shlt that you have to get right if you are a coach. Maybe he should’ve been something else other than the special teams coach. But I don’t know how we can objectively say that he didn’t fail at that job.

Yup. Huge love/hate situation with Hartley. I loved him as our TE coach and N.Fla. area recruiter. I hated him with the fire of a thousand suns as our special teams coach.

Advertisement
Solid recruiter, decent TE coach, terrible/god-awful ST coach. Fields brings more IMHO.

Hartley's first class was Haskins and Irvin, his second was Polendy. Irvin was coming no matter what, Haskins was kicked off the team, Polendy is a JAG. So let's not make Hartley out to be a rainmaker. He's good, I wanted him to be retained, too. But I'm happier with Fields, who I believe will match Hartley on the recruiting trail and be better than him as a coach. Just need to see how this plays out.

Solid recruiter, decent TE coach, terrible/god-awful ST coach. Fields brings more IMHO. Just need to see how this play out.

Hartley's first class was Haskins and Irvin, his second was Polendy. Irvin was coming no matter what, Haskins was kicked off the team, Polendy is a JAG. So let's not make Hartley out to be a rainmaker. He's good, but I think Fields will match him on the recruiting trail and be better than him as a coach.

Fields has not ever coached at this level. How can anyone say Fields brings more?

Fields has not ever coached at this level. How can anyone say Fields brings more?

Well, everything's on paper until we see how it plays out. But my reasoning is as follows:

Hartley coached TEs and Safeties at Marshall. Field coached TEs at FAMU. What's the difference? Meanwhile, Field was a head coach at North Marion and Miami Northwestern. I think that trumps Hartley from a coaching perspective.

Hartley recruited 2 great TEs a year ago after a mulligan class and only one JAG prior. Field was the director of recruiting for Oregon, where Cristobal had their best recruiting class in history. That's at least a wash.

Advertisement
Back