Sorta OT: Who is our Booster President?

Walsh5

Recruit
From reading up on all these other programs and how they function it seems like we are really blessed to have a good overall dynamic between our administration and our football team.

Just curious for those of you in the know and please excuse my ignorance if this is common knowledge. Who is the head of our booster club? Who are the major players? And how do we compare to the others? How much string pulling do they do? It's just not something we hear about in our media compared to other schools like Texas, LSU, Florida etc. where you hear about them all the time.

?Personal dynamics? at play in Jimbo Fisher?s decision

“The football coach has three key relationships,” one of those sources said. “The president of the university, the athletics director and the president of the Boosters."

Advertisement

He is an associate AD. I think OP means more like the T. Boone Pickens at Oklahoma State, or the big money boosters who want to have a say in the process. There are the Golden Canes, and most would fall under that. I think Miami's boosters really are not as hands on as a lot of other schools. There was an article I read recently about that being an advantage that Richt has here as opposed to a Georgia or SEC school. For example, the biggest booster to UM is probably the Miller family (Miller School of Medicine, Stuart Miller was chairman of the BoT)... they are not particularly invested in the school's athletics and do not really care about it. Gino DiMare is probably the closest to that, but even that is nothing compared to what goes on at some of the larger state schools.

Advertisement

He is an associate AD. I think OP means more like the T. Boone Pickens at Oklahoma State, or the big money boosters who want to have a say in the process. There are the Golden Canes, and most would fall under that. I think Miami's boosters really are not as hands on as a lot of other schools. There was an article I read recently about that being an advantage that Richt has here as opposed to a Georgia or SEC school. For example, the biggest booster to UM is probably the Miller family (Miller School of Medicine, Stuart Miller was chairman of the BoT)... they are not particularly invested in the school's athletics and do not really care about it. Gino DiMare is probably the closest to that, but even that is nothing compared to what goes on at some of the larger state schools.

Well Soffer is part of the Miller family aren't they and Susan Miller is on the BOT. I think DiMare and maybe Fain are our biggest? I think Warren Savery is a bigger donor.

Last edited:

I guess it's a good thing we don't hear about our Boosters too much. I know we have em, just not sure who they are.

It's one of the great underdog stories that Miami became so dominant without any of this insane money flowing at other places. The only program of it's kind built by the players and coaches and not some billionaire.

Well Soffer is part of the Miller family aren't they and Susan Miller is on the BOT. I think DiMare and maybe Fain are our biggest? I think Warren Savery is a bigger donor.

I don't think Soffer is related to the Millers. They are definitely on the BoT, but they are not interested in sports. If you notice, none of their contributions have gone to anything sports related. Health care, education, and ****** related studies are where the majority of that money has gone.

As for sports, DiMare is definitely involved. I think Fain is to an extent. I would assume A Rod and Dwayne Johnson too. But when you are talking about compared to SEC boosters, their involvement is minimal. Tide Pride at Bama, the big ones at UGA, etc. want to golf with the coaches, get game plans, true insider information, etc. My close friend's family is part of Tide Pride and they have weekly calls to hear about injury updates and insider information that does not make it to the press.

Here is the list of our board: Trustees | Board of Trustees | University of Miami

The ones I know that are somewhat into sports are Dauer, Hecht, Havenick, DiMare.

If we dont have one, I hereby nominate The Franchise to represent we the boosters. No one will be more frank and creatively descriptive than he.

Advertisement
we must have some big boosters even though not on the athletics side cause the troll was able to raise a BILLION DOLLARS not once but twice I think( might be mistaken about the second time)so she got it from somewhere.

maybe with some success we can get a couple of those heavy hitters over to the athletics side.

Dimare is too busy getting his idiot son the head baseball coach job than to worry about the football team.

Advertisement
Schools located in real cities (outside of the Dallas/SMU situation) usually don't have these types of clowns parading around flaunting their booster status as that kind of shtick is mainly only effective and valuable for them within the confines of college towns or in states so hilljack that they have no pro teams. Anyone pumping money into the actual programs in Miami or Los Angeles or even Seattle nowadays probably has enough of a real life that they wouldn't have to make being a big time booster be the way they derive their self-worth.

That said, The Tomato King is probably our most influential athletics benefactor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back