Sorry...but Lashlee ain't all that....

You’re a smart man. What kind of run concepts work with this group of OL?

we don’t get push, we don’t have graders up the middle, the tackles might be able to reach block but can our interior OL? We do t have many dudes up front that can do much. I’d almost argue our best rushing attack we could deploy with this OL is the triple option

Triple option from 20 personnel or jet sweep is a great idea and we should have been using it since Walton and Homer. Just work on pitch timing off the basic zone read. With King? My oh my.

We have to use the short passing game to get the line backers off balance and get unpredictable while staying out of obvious passing downs. If we worked other teams linebackers and safeties and forced them to play honest, the run will look more like it did early in the year.

Guys will still lose some battles inside and get us behind the chains with unsuccessful runs, but we would get more efficient and get more points.

Advertisement
Good post. The offense seems to have its most explosive plays off the play action or RPO. The fake QB power/pop pass is technically a play action pass. You have to keep the threat of the run for any of that stuff to work. The line isn’t good enough to just run over everyone consistently but if you can keep the LB’s eyes in the backfield and force an extra safety into the box, you’ve accomplished a significant goal.

Exactly.

The run fakes make the defense pay for cheating the run. He needs more routes over the middle than just the slant and seam.

There are several things he can do to build on this success, but it will take trusting himself and expanding into some concepts that he is less comfortable with.

I am hopeful because he has shown some things that let me know he is open to trying new things.

Advertisement
Back