Soooo HowzaBout We Talk About the Bowl Game??

SFbayCane

All American
Im going to try to redirect the board culture a little bit.

Wisconsin is not as good this year as they were last. We can win this game.

Which of Mark Richts plays should we run? Plays 1 thru 4 or 5 thru 8?

Advertisement
Play 3 for sure. But seriously how were they so bad this year? Didn't they have a good o-line and the same running back and QB? They got no excuses and their division is garbage also

Play 3 for sure. But seriously how were they so bad this year? Didn't they have a good o-line and the same running back and QB? They got no excuses and their division is garbage also

I think we were 2 of a very select few cfb teams that were favored in all or most of their games preseason.

Makes for an interesting matchup. Reminiscint of that LSU chik fil a bowl. Maybe it’ll show that one team is on the way up while the other is on the way down? Only difference is that instead of playing in a beautiful stadium in the south, we’re playing in a baseball stadium in the world’s biggest ****hole of a city.

Advertisement
lRTxfHJ.gif

If we get to third and short, play 1. Irony is, I don’t need to say which one it is. First down, play 2. Second down, play 2. Fourth after getting stuffed? our new onside punt.

Advertisement
Plays #2 and #6 will give the Wisconsin defense fits until they finally catch on later in the 1st qtr. Then late in the fourth Qtr we can run #1 and #3 to run out the clock. I suggest that we don't even try using #4 & #5 against this defense, those plays are sure to create yardage losses.

I do hope we do well this game. I think N'kosi will have an outstanding game if we get our TE's back

Again, turnovers will be key. The defense will have to score some points for us to win

We had better get in a bunch of practices up here because this cold is no joke.

Last edited:
Game is important for recruiting momentum. Win(look impressive on offense) and we can sell to our remaining recruits that we're going in the right direction again. Lose and we're in free fall.
Nope. There is NOTHING we can do in one game that will convince kids Richt's O is worth playing in. That ship has sailed.

Advertisement
Kids memories aren't that long. We still got Payton. And Hasselwood and Neal could still happen. We lose and I can almost guarantee neither will happen.
If they come they are coming regardless. One **** game means very, very little. How many recruits did losing to Wisconsin cost us last year? None that I can think of. The ones that chose elsewhere were going elsewhere regardless.

If they come they are coming regardless. One **** game means very, very little. How many recruits did losing to Wisconsin cost us last year? None that I can think of. The ones that chose elsewhere were going elsewhere regardless.
I can't believe you think it doesn't matter whether we win lose or get blown out in our bowl game to recruits. We lost recruits due to losing in the regular season this year. We all saw it. Kids are still making their minds up that's why we have a chance. There is no 'they were coming already', if they were already decided they'd sign with us in the early period.

Advertisement
Only saw plays 1-4 until we were tight endless. Play 5 is shanked punt play. 6 is the one we used sans TEs. 7&8? We have that?

Only saw plays 1-4 until we were tight endless. Play 5 is shanked punt play. 6 is the one we used sans TEs. 7&8? We have that?
7 is the one where the punter kicks it off of one of our coverage guys and 8 is when the OL stare at the ground to try and confuse the DL. We run 8 a lot.

I can't believe you think it doesn't matter whether we win lose or get blown out in our bowl game to recruits. We lost recruits due to losing in the regular season this year. We all saw it. Kids are still making their minds up that's why we have a chance. There is no 'they were coming already', if they were already decided they'd sign with us in the early period.
The damage has been done, and one game fixes nothing. Not one recruit is stupid enough to say, “Hey, did you see Miami score 28 on Wisconsin? They are back!!!!!” This is not like beating Notre Dame with recruits visiting. This is a lower tier bowl that lower tier teams play in. Even if we win, it can’t be considered some big accomplishment. Yay, we beat another 5 loss team. Line up, recruits.

Getting blown out would hurt, sure, but beating a bad Wisconsin team won’t help. It just won’t add more pain to the recruiting class. It sure as heck won’t excite recruits. So sure, getting monkey stomped would hurt. Beating them is better than getting stomped, but it won’t change minds.

Advertisement
Back