Sony Michel RB 2014

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
Plantation (FL) American Heritage Class of 2014 stud RB Sony Michel drove to Tallahassee on Saturday, sitting in the FSU recruiting section for the UM-Florida State game.

And he rooted for the Hurricanes.

"I'm a Miami Hurricane fan so I was rooting for Miami," he said. "I was mostly just watching, though."

He adds that "I had a good time. I just wanted to see a game like that, a game like that is a great game to see.

"It was a great experience. I went up there, also went to see their facilities. It was great."

Does the outcome impact his thoughts about Miami at all?

"No, it doesn't," he said. "Because I feel like when I come into the program I can help the program either side; no matter what team I go to I'll try to turn the program around."

Asked if he was disappointed UM lost Michel said, "Yeah, but they lose games. It happens."

He adds that "Miami was weak in some positions and FSU had better players in those position and won because of that."

Michel attended UM's home game against Virginia and plans to be at the BC game as well.

"Miami coaches, we have a great relationship so I can talk to the coaches like regular people," Michel said. "I talked a good hour with them before the (UVA) game."

So where does Miami fit into his early recruiting picture?

"Miami, it's great because it's home," he said. "That's the great part about it. But I'm keeping my options open to everybody."

* Michel is nine weeks post-ACL surgery.

"I'm doing great," he said. "I'm ahead of schedule right now. I'm not trying to rush it back on the field."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Must get IMO, we have been hearing about how good he's going to be since he was in 8th grade.

Advertisement
Bakas has said he thinks Sony is the best player in the state right now(before injury).

We would have to ban football at Miami in order to mess up this kids recruitment.

Advertisement
Can someone hunt down his track times? I remember seeing his times as an 8th grader and shaking my head. He is ridiculously fast.

Sony Michael would be a huge addition for Miami, and for anyone for that matter. I love how everyone is so positive about him going to Miami. A backfield with him and Duke seems like it could be the best in America as long as the O-line is even decent.

Advertisement
Just watched his highlights.....

Just **** man....I mean seriously. ****!!!

Him and Duke in the same backfield wouldn't be fair.

Sony Michel is THE TRUTH. I didn't know he injured his knee, that's really too bad.

He is going to approach / surpass Noel Devine pre-senior year recruiting legend IMO.

Can someone hunt down his track times? I remember seeing his times as an 8th grader and shaking my head. He is ridiculously fast.

Looking in Google...saw a pr of 10.64 and consistently in the 10.8 range. To put that in perspective.. Lamar Miller's pr in HS was 10.56 and he was a consistent 10.7-10.8 type runner.

So he's very fast and looks much thicker than 180. I'd say 190-195 right now.

Sony is legit. And he's 195+. Weighed him personally at a combine event in February.

Advertisement
Back