Sony Michel question

Kinda funny that none of this was being talked about BEFORE he chose GA.

If you said anything negative about him back then you would slammed on here.

Advertisement
you guys might be right, sony is probably the first 5 star, top 15 prospect rb to be the focus of the opposing defense.

Yeah. I'm sure no one's paying attention to other 5 star RBs or gearing up the D to stop them.

If you two slapdicks would use some reading comprehension maybe you'd get the point.

These aren't bad teams that are stacking the box agianst Heritage. These are teams with other D1 athletes that are gonna get multiple hats on Sony. This ain't the same as some 5-star RB in Bumfuk South Carolina "making things happen" agianst a bunch of scrubs.

I don't know if this was directed @ my post but just in case here are some past posts of mine about Sony. I assure you there is no butthurt in what I think about Sony. I think kid is talented, but there are a lot of talented kids down here. At some point the excuses need to stop and he needs to be the kid you talk about at the end of an AH game, **** your boy Juwan won AH the game last Friday making big play after big play. That type of **** happens way too often for my liking during a game this "5 star stud" plays in.

Sony is very special and I've seen him play since lil league back with the SFL Canes, but he's not better than Frank or Duke imo. He obviously still has time to make an argument for himself but I'm going to need him to get his team farther than the second rd of the playoffs. That's what makes Duke so special kid put his team on his back and made them state champs. It's that intangible that rivals/scout/espn/247 can't measure. If Sony is going to be the best player on the field then he needs to start being the best player on the field. It's why Pete changed his tune on the "bionic man" and has made him his new #1 player in SFL. SFL will always have great athletes so being bigger, stronger, faster doesn't make you a legend.

This one is even better I feel like I could have just did a copy and paste because not a lot has changed lol

that doesn't make him a legend. To be a legend you have to leave a legacy something people can point to and say man I saw that **** it was was one of the greatest things I ever saw. Frank played on a crappy team his senior year (I don't even remember if they had a winning record) but what kid was doing was legendary from the get go when he opened my Cobra's mouth and took a dump down their throat and he did that all season long back when 6A was grown man football. Even in his teams losses you left the games talking about Frank. Legend! Forgetting everything Duke his SR year just what he did against GC and then the next week against Palmetto oh my god. that will be forever talked about by SFL HS heads for years. Legend!

What Sony did as a freshman was bad *** not legendary. Lets not forget before the reclassifications a couple years ago Sony was playing against the poor competition most games. Nothing against him but it is what it is. Heck what would you even classify as Sony's best game? to me it was the Chaminade game his soph year. He looked like a man against boys in that game, but that was a mid season game that most people don't even remember. No legend in that. People will talk about Cook being the best player on the field against BTW in a game filled with D1 and possible future NFL players. Naples coaches/players/parents will always remember tasting a State championship birth only to have the "bionic man" take it from them. **** in the loss to Jackson last month not only did he not look like the best player on the field (Flowers did) he didn't even look like the best player on his team (Isaiah did). Sorry but if your going to be a legend that junk there is a no no. AT the end of the game win or lose people should leave like man that lil dude "put his hhhearrrt in that **** dog" (love E Reed).

Like I said before he has another year to take his game to the next level but he's not there imvo. Been watching the kid since lil league, feel in love with him when he was ****ting all over the FBU game and repping the U like crazy. I'm not a fan of all this "making a business decision" crap he's doing now and would've preferred him to just love this U no matter what like Duke did, but whatever it's his life/his choice and as a man I respect that. However as much as I want him in O&G I'll keep it real too kid is as talented as they come, but he needs to start having that Chaminade game on the weekly and more importantly in the playoffs to start getting called a legend in my book atleast.

I don't know if this was directed @ my post but just in case here are some past posts of mine about Sony. I assure you there is no butthurt in what I think about Sony. I think kid is talented, but there are a lot of talented kids down here. At some point the excuses need to stop and he needs to be the kid you talk about at the end of an AH game, **** your boy Juwan won AH the game last Friday making big play after big play. That type of **** happens way too often for my liking during a game this "5 star stud" plays in.

Sony is very special and I've seen him play since lil league back with the SFL Canes, but he's not better than Frank or Duke imo. He obviously still has time to make an argument for himself but I'm going to need him to get his team farther than the second rd of the playoffs. That's what makes Duke so special kid put his team on his back and made them state champs. It's that intangible that rivals/scout/espn/247 can't measure. If Sony is going to be the best player on the field then he needs to start being the best player on the field. It's why Pete changed his tune on the "bionic man" and has made him his new #1 player in SFL. SFL will always have great athletes so being bigger, stronger, faster doesn't make you a legend.

This one is even better I feel like I could have just did a copy and paste because not a lot has changed lol

that doesn't make him a legend. To be a legend you have to leave a legacy something people can point to and say man I saw that **** it was was one of the greatest things I ever saw. Frank played on a crappy team his senior year (I don't even remember if they had a winning record) but what kid was doing was legendary from the get go when he opened my Cobra's mouth and took a dump down their throat and he did that all season long back when 6A was grown man football. Even in his teams losses you left the games talking about Frank. Legend! Forgetting everything Duke his SR year just what he did against GC and then the next week against Palmetto oh my god. that will be forever talked about by SFL HS heads for years. Legend!

What Sony did as a freshman was bad *** not legendary. Lets not forget before the reclassifications a couple years ago Sony was playing against the poor competition most games. Nothing against him but it is what it is. Heck what would you even classify as Sony's best game? to me it was the Chaminade game his soph year. He looked like a man against boys in that game, but that was a mid season game that most people don't even remember. No legend in that. People will talk about Cook being the best player on the field against BTW in a game filled with D1 and possible future NFL players. Naples coaches/players/parents will always remember tasting a State championship birth only to have the "bionic man" take it from them. **** in the loss to Jackson last month not only did he not look like the best player on the field (Flowers did) he didn't even look like the best player on his team (Isaiah did). Sorry but if your going to be a legend that junk there is a no no. AT the end of the game win or lose people should leave like man that lil dude "put his hhhearrrt in that **** dog" (love E Reed).

Like I said before he has another year to take his game to the next level but he's not there imvo. Been watching the kid since lil league, feel in love with him when he was ****ting all over the FBU game and repping the U like crazy. I'm not a fan of all this "making a business decision" crap he's doing now and would've preferred him to just love this U no matter what like Duke did, but whatever it's his life/his choice and as a man I respect that. However as much as I want him in O&G I'll keep it real too kid is as talented as they come, but he needs to start having that Chaminade game on the weekly and more importantly in the playoffs to start getting called a legend in my book atleast.

Add Sean Taylor to that list...I mean I know we are talking about once in a lifetime freaks when you compare him to Gore and Sean, but I saw Sean Taylor go for 49! TDs and pretty much single handidly win a state title with 175lb offensive lineman in front of him. 5 star RBs don't average 5yds a carry. Period.

Ok...

Here's my opinion on Sony.

Do I think he's overrated? I guess my answer would have to be yes considering the fact that I think Cook and Yearby are possibly better and he's ranked ahead of them.

However, he ain't no scrub like some people are making him out to be and he's anything but "average".

Advertisement

kinda funny, he didn't have a season where he was underperforming his acclaim prior to committing to GA either.

kinda funny, he didn't have a season where he was underperforming his acclaim prior to committing to GA either.

Anybody that knows a **** about football can evaluate him whether he's rushing for 2,000 yards or 200. Nothing has changed. He possesses the same attributes today that he did back then.

Sony is still a stud RB. This was the opinion of the majority here before he committed to the Dawgs. However, he is not the the top back in Florida anymore. That belongs to Yearby or Cook.

Don't get it twisted, Sony is still a really good RB.

Sony is fine, he will be a beast at UGA. More times than not he appears to be getting hit by 2-3 guys as soon as he's getting the ball. When he gets a seam you see the type of explosiveness that made him so highly coveted. I don't know about this peaked physically nonsense, the dude is a man and he's basically been doing it all on his own hardwork, he hasn't even touched a good S&C program yet. He is what 210 right now? After a year at UGA he'll be 225 with elite speed. Unfortunate, because I ****ing hate UGA.

Smh that's not true. People act like Sony is running like he did in the CB game (after he got ****ed about being slammed after the whistle mind you) every game and he's not. Anyone that saw him run prior to his Soph saw him get lots of yards after contact. His JR he didn't even try to get yards after contact and the knock all year was that he was soft so he was supposed to comeback refocused and dedicated and determined to prove the doubters wrong. After a somewhat dominant game against CB (who is garbage this year I might add) he's not doing anything to change peoples minds.

As far as the S&C comment smh. If you don't think he's touched a good S&C program yet for a HS player, then just imagine what the kids he's playing against are dealing with. Of course he'll get bigger and slightly faster in a college S&C, but so will the same kids that are already stopping him and a lot of them will see bigger gains than he will.

Kid is talented no one can argue that, but he's not this transcendent talent people were making him out to be (I remember getting into with a guy on here earlier this year claiming he was already better than Duke smh). The guy hasn't won a playoff game yet and while some could argue the GC teams he played in 09-10 were better than AH, there is/was no excuse to lose to Jackson last year. He was a complete non factor in his teams most important game. This is HS an elite player can win a game by himself early in the playoffs. Elite football players require more than **** forty times and weight room numbers. At this point he's living off measurables and the hype from that fake eight grade year where he lead the county in rushing that made him a national name.

Dead on.

Advertisement
Ok...

Do I think he's overrated? I guess my answer would have to be yes considering the fact that I think Cook and Yearby are possibly better and he's ranked ahead of them.

However, he ain't no scrub like some people are making him out to be and he's anything but "average".

No one's making him out to be a scrub. He's a very good prospect. I just don't think he's a 5 star guy or a transcendent freak of nature type RB that many try to make him out to be.

Ok...

No one's making him out to be a scrub. He's a very good prospect. I just don't think he's a 5 star guy or a transcendent freak of nature type RB that many try to make him out to be.

Fair enough. I won't argue with that. Would you say Cook and Yearby are better?

Cook is better than Sony and I thought of that before he committed to Sony but the kid does not suck. Our fanbase had a meltdown the day he committed to GA.

Wildcat you should expect this from our fan base.They go after Lane for no catches but ignore it when Johnnie Dixon does it while having a worst season than Lane.

Ok...

I like both of those guys better.

Advertisement
Ok...

I like both of those guys better.

I'm with you on that.

I am just looking forward to the day when he tears his ACL again and we can stop arguing how good he is.

You are looking forward to a 17 yr old kid getting hurt and maybe losing an amazing opportunity to get a great education and make a better life for himself? Must suck to be you.

Advertisement
I was very impressed with him against a good Jackson defense on Friday.

Before the injury, he had an unreal ability to cut at full speed without gearing down. He looks to have it back. Throw in legit 10.7 speed and power, and he is a premium running back prospect.

Advertisement
Back