Sony Michel, Corey Martinez, & Tyrek Cole updates

Gators feel good about Cole

Yeah,................... Miramar has always been a UM school so UFag can think whatever they want

Before Golden, who did we get from Miramar?
I grew up in Miramar and went to school there so i can answer that, Miramar for a long time was garbage with no real players until Coach Damon Cogdell got there either in 03 or 04. After he got there and slowly built them up Geno and Stedman Bailey were studs ready to come to UM. While Geno struggled with his grades he got it together enough and got good SAT scores, Stedman was a package deal. Randy Shannon though never and i left in 08 a year before them both and i can say he showed no interest at all. After that when Golden came in 2010 he was too late on the players that year, 2011....... well we know what happened and Andre Godfrey, Jeffrey Hill and obviously Tyrek Cole who are the next great defenders all are UM leans when offered. My point is that even though there isn't a long history doesn't mean there isn't interest, it isn't a coincidence that the first year he recruits he gets maybe the 2 best Miramar players of all time and then the next great player the year after.

For some reason I think one the reason why Miramar became good, was because Carol City Coach Walt Frazier retired. Once that happen you notice their was talent drain from the chiefs which benefited nearby school like Norland, Miramar, HML.

Advertisement

Yeah,................... Miramar has always been a UM school so UFag can think whatever they want

I grew up in Miramar and went to school there so i can answer that, Miramar for a long time was garbage with no real players until Coach Damon Cogdell got there either in 03 or 04. After he got there and slowly built them up Geno and Stedman Bailey were studs ready to come to UM. While Geno struggled with his grades he got it together enough and got good SAT scores, Stedman was a package deal. Randy Shannon though never and i left in 08 a year before them both and i can say he showed no interest at all. After that when Golden came in 2010 he was too late on the players that year, 2011....... well we know what happened and Andre Godfrey, Jeffrey Hill and obviously Tyrek Cole who are the next great defenders all are UM leans when offered. My point is that even though there isn't a long history doesn't mean there isn't interest, it isn't a coincidence that the first year he recruits he gets maybe the 2 best Miramar players of all time and then the next great player the year after.

For some reason I think one the reason why Miramar became good, was because Carol City Coach Walt Frazier retired. Once that happen you notice their was talent drain from the chiefs which benefited nearby school like Norland, Miramar, HML.
I mean that helped but also Cogdell is a great coach and he brought a great staff that's made a huge impact

U trolling Sniff or have u heard something?

Tyrek Cole has 3 family members that are UFag alums. UFag is a bigger threat than u think with Cole.

though that does play a part in some kids decisions, there have been plenty of times when the kids pick otherwise, im not saying there is no way that this kid is going to Florida, we got a while until he signs his LOI, wasnt tracy howards mom a UF alum or was she just a fan?

She went to UM

So instead of Georgia's spring game, Sony is going to go see Florida do some drills?

Yea, that makes me feel **** good

Advertisement

Cogdell was an assistant in 05 and 06. HC since 07.

When Cogdell was coming out of Miramar he signed to The U, but didn't qualify, went JC, AND ONLY THEN went to WVU. The Miramar-WVU pipeline started then, but recently more players have started going from Miramar to the U.

Pipelines can change over the course of time. The school where MOST Miramar players went to in the late 70s? Alabama.

When Cogdell was coming out of Miramar he signed to The U, but didn't qualify, went JC, AND ONLY THEN went to WVU. The Miramar-WVU pipeline started then, but recently more players have started going from Miramar to the U.

Pipelines can change over the course of time. The school where MOST Miramar players went to in the late 70s? Alabama.

My bad about the missed info, that was my point though a pipeline can change but for as long as i grew up Miramar the city and school always felt like a UM school.

ALSO, Geno was scheduled to graduate early, but a particular class held him back from that (couldn't take the class online and it was a madatory core class).

Any concerns or statements about his academics are patently false.

ALSO, Geno was scheduled to graduate early, but a particular class held him back from that (couldn't take the class online and it was a madatory core class).

My bad, thats what i used to hear but it was still to make a point that i never felt that UM really wanted him

Advertisement

My bad, thats what i used to hear but it was still to make a point that i never felt that UM really wanted him

UM didn't want him. Very light recruiting contact.

UM didn't want him. Very light recruiting contact.

My whole point, not saying if AG was there at the time it would be different but i knew that Shannon never gave him a proper shot

My bad about the missed info, that was my point though a pipeline can change but for as long as i grew up Miramar the city and school always felt like a UM school.

Hence the part about Golden, hence I was right.

Miramar has ALOT ..i mean ALOT of talent in the immediate area....probably 3-4 of the best Optomist programs down here are walking distance from Miramar High. (Miramar Optomist, Pembroke Pines Optomist,Miami Gardens Ravens/Chargers)....then u add in a few kids from Carol City that attend Miramar every year...but relaly it starts with the optomist programs....Miramar coaches usually coach the high pound teams at Miramar Optomist(the 150 pds,unlimited) basically the incoming 9th graders. And their developing it like a program....

Cogdell is locked in...Miramar will produce talent for years to come...it isnt just some flash where kids are transferring in from Carol City High or something...all the guys like Sticks, etc...i was speaking on them coming up two years before they hit the scene.

Only reason kids went to wvu..was um's presence wasnt big at Miramar....that school an area is that is Cane country..believe me i live over here.

Advertisement
Miramar has ALOT ..i mean ALOT of talent in the immediate area....probably 3-4 of the best Optomist programs down here are walking distance from Miramar High. (Miramar Optomist, Pembroke Pines Optomist,Miami Gardens Ravens/Chargers)....then u add in a few kids from Carol City that attend Miramar every year...but relaly it starts with the optomist programs....Miramar coaches usually coach the high pound teams at Miramar Optomist(the 150 pds,unlimited) basically the incoming 9th graders. And their developing it like a program....

Cogdell is locked in...Miramar will produce talent for years to come...it isnt just some flash where kids are transferring in from Carol City High or something...all the guys like Sticks, etc...i was speaking on them coming up two years before they hit the scene.

Only reason kids went to wvu..was um's presence wasnt big at Miramar....that school an area is that is Cane country..believe me i live over here.
Exactly what I been saying, living there you know its all Cane all day but somehow, someway Randy Shannon never saw that.

Advertisement
Back