Off-Topic Something we can all agree on! Coffee!!!!

Advertisement
Too personal, but awesome to hear, I hope you had a decent time here.
Understand. And, yes, even though WWII had only been over for 9 years when we arrived, our family enjoyed our stay. Very much. My dad, a Combat Engineer (building pontoon bridges under fire where needed, and the like) commanded a Kaserne in Hochst.

As an Officer (LTC), we got a very nice "requisitioned" house in a great neighborhood in Frankfurt. Our neighbors were all German nationals. Very kind to my younger brother and I. We tried as a family to return their kindness by letting them pick fruit from the big orchard in our back yard. I think there were still some food shortages. I'm not sure how the US Army got that house for us (maybe the occupants had been killed in the war, or the Army bought it from them, or they were just booted out -- I don't know).

My only regret was I had to go to the American School on base due to not speaking German. My own kids when, as an adult I lived 3 years in England, benefited greatly from going to British schools. I couldn't put a dollar value on that cultural experience.

Advertisement
Favorite brand/roast?
Black & White Roasters out of North Carolina. Any of their single origin beans will blow your mind.

My coffee process drives my wife crazier than anything else I do. Gooseneck kettle to 197 degrees. 40g of beans ground fresh into a Kalita Wave. 100g water every 15 seconds with 15 seconds filtering six times. It is absolute overkill and neurotic but also an incredible cup.

Black & White Roasters out of North Carolina. Any of their single origin beans will blow your mind.

My coffee process drives my wife crazier than anything else I do. Gooseneck kettle to 197 degrees. 40g of beans ground fresh into a Kalita Wave. 100g water every 15 seconds with 15 seconds filtering six times. It is absolute overkill and neurotic but also an incredible cup.
Lido handgrinder and a beehouse or frenchpress for me. This thread makes me want to start drinking coffee again.

Not a coffee drinker because it's the nastiest stuff second only to Cod Liver Oil. On the rare occasion I drink the stuff it's Foldgers or Maxwell House, coffee is coffee. Though my frat Bro claims Starbucks is definitely better.

Comedy Central Ocd GIF by Workaholics

Advertisement

I used to frequent the shop on Davie st

Love coffee... probably gonna grab another one as I'm starting to drag!

Question for everyone...

Eggs or Coffee ... which one have the experts flip-flopped on the most on whether or not it is good for you???

Advertisement

Question for everyone...

Eggs or Coffee ... which one have the experts flip-flopped on the most on whether or not it is good for you???

the latest is that they are both good for you

Advertisement
Before iced coffee became a thing like it is these days, my mother drank iced coffee 50 years ago. She’d drink it hot until about lunch time then switched to iced.

Back when I was a young pup I traveled extensively to South America, and at every company I visited, cafecito carts constantly toured the premises. I probably was drinking 10 or more shots a day.
I began by drinking "Cafe Turco" (it's not really Turkish, it's just an Argentine expression) with the seeds at the bottom. Now I just brew the Dunkin Donuts medium blend at home because it's cheap that way.

Question for everyone...

I have gorged on both my entire adult life (although coffee was a slower ramp-up).

Advertisement
Back