Something to remember about these visits

Advertisement
It’s not just about the recruits evaluating Miami. The coaches are also evaluating the recruits.

The Covid dead period costs teams the opportunity to observe body types, personalities and other traits that are best seen in person.

Expect kids to show up bigger and smaller than expected, which will result in different pushes going forward. Some kids will impress with their attitudes, others will raise red flags.

It will be very telling if you see us turn up the heat on certain kids after this week.

Bigger AND smaller? Interesting.

Advertisement
This scorching hot take is a giant pile of bull****.
In what way? Most People that live outside of Florida have NO idea what UM is all about. My statement is not solely about OOS football recruits but a statement about the general perception. Unless you've visited UM, you would have zero idea about the campus or where it is in relation to all the bad stuff reported in the news. I may not live there but I have put two kids through 5 years each of education at UM so I know a little about what I am talking about.

Why don't you actually READ what I said...

Just give me Wesley damnit!
1622568743619.png

Advertisement
In what way? Most People that live outside of Florida have NO idea what UM is all about. My statement is not solely about OOS football recruits but a statement about the general perception. Unless you've visited UM, you would have zero idea about the campus or where it is in relation to all the bad stuff reported in the news. I may not live there but I have put two kids through 5 years each of education at UM so I know a little about what I am talking about.

Why don't you actually READ what I said...

You sorely underestimate the intelligence level of our recruits and their parents.

Advertisement
Hope none of the parents from outa town turn the news on while they are here. Last weekends not gonna help with are reputation

The birthday shooting made national news. You can't shoot 25 people an have the news stay local.

Go Canes

Advertisement
You sorely underestimate the intelligence level of our recruits and their parents.
Bruh he just said it’s not specifically about recruits, just in general.

And yes a lot of people from out of state don’t know about the exact location of the campus relative to Miami-Dade.

If it were general knowledge that UM is in an affluent neighborhood west of downtown, the crime in the city of Miami wouldn’t be an angle used against us in recruiting, and it wouldn’t have been a point in the documentaries.

Hope none of the parents from outa town turn the news on while they are here. Last weekends not gonna help with are reputation
-_- 😑 ....been over 200 mass shootings this year already...not to mention our campus is in Coral Gables...kids coming to UM aren't going to be anywhere near where things pop off in Miami. Enough local kids on our team to let the OOS kids know where to stay away from...not to mention parents will look at the rate at which our local kids get in trouble, which is really at an all time low, CMD and our kids do a fantastic job of keeping away from trouble.

Advertisement
Back