Something to keep in mind re: Dugans

Im sure Richt has already had a conversation with Dugans. He wouldnt have him out recruiting as much if there was a threat he was leaving. I just read on here that his daughter is a freshman at Miami feels like that will hold him down, not for a lateral move at least.

Advertisement
Im sure Richt has already had a conversation with Dugans. He wouldnt have him out recruiting as much if there was a threat he was leaving. I just read on here that his daughter is a freshman at Miami feels like that will hold him down, not for a lateral move at least.

Things change daily but I agree with this. Richt had to have told him if he is even thinking about it 1% then he doesnt need to be on the recruiting trail. We need to use the same motto with the coaches as we do the recruits, Either you are 100% in or GFTO of my face.

Absent FSU giving him a promotion (co-OC) and/or big pay increase, I think he stays. He has a great boss and lives in Miami.

Advertisement
Absent FSU giving him a promotion (co-OC) and/or big pay increase, I think he stays. He has a great boss and lives in Miami.

He went to FSU and already worked for Taggart once.

Plus no **** about the pay raise. That's going to happen either way.

Him and Richt go back to the mid 90's. A couple years with Taggert doesn't come close.

I think he prefers to work for Richt over Taggart and live in Miami over tallahassee, so all things being equal I think he stays. You disagree?

Advertisement

I think he prefers to work for Richt over Taggart and live in Miami over tallahassee, so all things being equal I think he stays. You disagree?

I don't know anything about what he prefers and neither do you.

Him and Richt go back to the mid 90's. A couple years with Taggert doesn't come close.

What? That's just flat out wrong. He's been with Richt for two years, he was with Taggart for two years and he went to FSU before becoming a GA there for a year.

What? That's just flat out wrong. He's been with Richt for two years, he was with Taggart for two years and he went to FSU before becoming a GA there for a year.

He coached him at fsu ....duh. So that makes you " flat out wrong troll

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'll say this, the only reason I would fear him leaving is because I wouldn't want kids like Pope and Hightower to waiver soon thereafter.

I'm pretty sure Richt has preliminary reach out to his replacement. Just wonder who that could be.

Why would they waiver? Pope was a Miami lean before Dugans arrived and Hightower has family on this very board. The WR class is great but it would've likely been that way with or without him.

Kul and Rumph are really the only assistants I'd hate to lose, the rest are easily replaceable.

I'll say this, the only reason I would fear him leaving is because I wouldn't want kids like Pope and Hightower to waiver soon thereafter.

I'm pretty sure Richt has preliminary reach out to his replacement. Just wonder who that could be.

Why would they waiver? Pope was a Miami lean before Dugans arrived and Hightower has family on this very board. The WR class is great but it would've likely been that way with or without him.

Kul and Rumph are really the only assistants I'd hate to lose, the rest are easily replaceable.

Now recruits are wavering ? Lol.

Guys on this board crack me up.

He coached him at fsu ....duh. What are you 13?

So he's still been with FSU/Taggart more than Richt. Lol. I'll do the math for you.

FSU = 7 years. 5 as player (redshirt) 2 as coach
Taggart = 2 years at USF.

That's 9 years.

Richt = 5 years at FSU and 2 at Miami. That's 7.

Advertisement

Now recruits are wavering ? Lol.

Guys on this board crack me up.

I didn't say they are currently.

I'm just saying that sometimes kids glue themselves to position coaches and when they bolt for another job, kids CAN get real iffy.

I said "think he prefers." You just want to be disagreeable.

I said "think he prefers." You just want to be disagreeable.

I am stating facts. Not speculation.

Advertisement
Back