Someone tell Ermon...

not that i disagree entirely but...

we threw 33 times yesterday. 15 times on first down and averaged 13 ypa. one receiver had 118, another had 98 and another had 64. and none of them are as talented as ermon. the qb is the problem.

Wasnt he rated the top QB in high school? Maybe development is part of the problem

based on camp performances, he never did anything in a game but run.

iirc he had something like 1100 yards passing his junior year with a sub 50% completion percentage. he was never a good qb. he got his rating because he has all the measurables.

Advertisement

we threw 33 times yesterday. 15 times on first down and averaged 13 ypa. one receiver had 118, another had 98 and another had 64. and none of them are as talented as ermon. the qb is the problem.

Wasnt he rated the top QB in high school? Maybe development is part of the problem

iirc he had something like 1100 yards passing his junior year with a sub 50% completion percentage. he was never a good qb. he got his rating because he has all the measurables.

Leave it to Rivals to rate a QB by his F@#KING measurables. lol

Still sucks to be a FLORIDA GATOR.

Now everyone realizes why those lizards keep taking us off the schedule.

Gotta love how most UF fans complain and say well UF turned the ball over 5 times but owned UM in every stat, yet if the UF defense caused 5 turnovers they would be saying how they caused 5 TAKEAWAYS and how dominant $EC defenses are compared to the rest of college football.

How is UF ever gonna make it through the mighty $EC when they couldn't even take the lead once against the measly MIAMI HURRICANES. lol

UF's Defense is way better than I was expecting after loosing so many starters from last year, but watching their offense is probably more boring than watching Georgia Tech's triple option.

If I was a top WR and could choose any program I wanted UF would be right at the bottom of my list with Georgia Tech, unless I just want to block of course.

Gotta love how most UF fans complain and say well UF turned the ball over 5 times but owned UM in every stat, yet if the UF defense caused 5 turnovers they would be saying how they caused 5 TAKEAWAYS and how dominant $EC defenses are compared to the rest of college football.

How is UF ever gonna make it through the mighty $EC when they couldn't even take the lead once against the measly MIAMI HURRICANES. lol

UF's Defense is way better than I was expecting after loosing so many starters from last year, but watching their offense is probably more boring than watching Georgia Tech's triple option.

If I was a top WR and could choose any program I wanted UF would be right at the bottom of my list with Georgia Tech, unless I just want to block of course.

Even GT though can say they make 1st round picks at wr just like at Demarious Thomas and Megatron who does UF have?

Even GT though can say they make 1st round picks at wr just like at Demarious Thomas and Megatron who does UF have?

Just Percy Harvin and................

They can proudly claim riley cooper and although it's TE- aaron Hernandez because he played a lot of wr there in certain sets

Advertisement

Percy Harvin was a playmaker and unless you really watch every game he played you could call him more of a rb

They can proudly claim riley cooper and although it's TE- aaron Hernandez because he played a lot of wr there in certain sets

percy
caldwell
chad jackson
nelson
cooper
murphy
hernandez
rainey (drafted to be a slot guy)

those are guys off the top of my head in the last few years. none of them are on the level of a calvin johnson or megatron obviously but i'm not sure why the perception is there that uf's receivers don't get to the nfl.

you mentioning thomas and johnson sort of proves what i've been saying all along. thomas played in the triple option and is now one of the best receivers in the league, are you really going to make the argument his offense prepared him for the nfl? of course not, ultimately it's about the players and their skill level. uf's receivers have gotten to the league but few have been superstars because bottom line they aren't good enough, it has nothing to do with the school.

percy
caldwell
chad jackson
nelson
cooper
murphy
hernandez

those are guys off the top of my head in the last few years. none of them are on the level of a calvin johnson or megatron obviously but i'm not sure why the perception is there that uf's receivers don't get to the nfl.

you mentioning thomas and johnson sort of proves what i've been saying all along. thomas played in the triple option and is now one of the best receivers in the league, are you really going to make the argument his offense prepared him for the nfl? of course not, ultimately it's about the players and their skill level. uf's receivers have gotten to the league but few have been superstars because bottom line they aren't good enough, it has nothing to do with the school.

It didnt prepare you as a receiver too much but no matter how talented you are you need coaching and they did a great job preparing him triple option or not. UM had talent for years but terrible coaching ruined them for a while

Advertisement

percy
caldwell
chad jackson
nelson
cooper
murphy
hernandez

It didnt prepare you as a receiver too much but no matter how talented you are you need coaching and they did a great job preparing him triple option or not. UM had talent for years but terrible coaching ruined them for a while

thomas didn't run anything but go routes in that offense, very similar to the other kid drafted by the jets recently. scouts even said the kid had not seen a route tree in his life. but he was just so talented that they could take him and mold him into what they wanted. at the nfl level it is ultimately about talent. you see teams take kids every year who did little to nothing in college but have great physical attributes so they draft them.

percy
caldwell
chad jackson
nelson
cooper
murphy
hernandez

thomas didn't run anything but go routes in that offense, very similar to the other kid drafted by the jets recently. scouts even said the kid had not seen a route tree in his life. but he was just so talented that they could take him and mold him into what they wanted. at the nfl level it is ultimately about talent. you see teams take kids every year who did little to nothing in college but have great physical attributes so they draft them.

It still doesnt change the fact that if you are a WR you don't want to block 99% of the time. I don't think Muschamp does himself any favors recruiting WRs when he makes statements like "If every possession ends in a kick you'll win a lot of games"

percy
caldwell
chad jackson
nelson
cooper
murphy
hernandez

It still doesnt change the fact that if you are a WR you don't want to block 99% of the time. I don't think Muschamp does himself any favors recruiting WRs when he makes statements like "If every possession ends in a kick you'll win a lot of games"

the numbers don't really support that though. i posted this reply to toke over on the wez:

(lifted from another board) uf has more 10+ yard completions in 2 games than

south carolina
boise
hawaii
miami
tennesee
ohio st.
texas
michigan

some of those offenses people expect to be the best in the country. we threw the ball 33 times saturday, 15 of them were on 1st down. now if you want to talk about how effective the pass game is, then by all means. but the perception that we line up and run it 60 times a game isn't really accurate.

as i've said before i would not want to play with jeff driskel...he's the worst player i've seen come through uf. but lane and other receivers will only play with him for a year. it's up to them to decide if they have faith in the next qb and/or want to play with him for that one year.

That's good arguments killa. Cant deny most of what you are saying. You're much better than that kumstain Token Gator

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back