Someone is calling out FSU about them duffles....

Advertisement
Ok, so why would Alabama need bag men to get the players they get. Why would these players not be interested in Alabama without getting paid.

Because there is a whole lot of competition for players.

Look, I appreciate your purity of thought, but I didn't know that people still believed that recruiting is on the level in college athletics.

High School players want the Alabama offer because they know its the best. The may end up staying up and playing for a local team so their family can watch them player, but outside of that Alabama holds the advantage. Look at schools like IMG and now every school in south Florida. Players don't have pride in their own hood anymore, and somehow you think they got pride in staying in the 305?

i agree i grew up in the hood back in the day at the parks all the kids had that miami swag from birth, it was branded in them. thats why miami was so good miami broward westpalm was brothers we had wedr radio no money but we all came together at various parks united. now these kids alot of them in the urban neighborhoods are looking to make something out of themselves and having money to help out thier moms, so i think its pretty easy to promise a kid a bright spot now a days to abandon his town or state. cant be naive recruitment is serious money one player can change a state if you take away football who going to pick alabama, fsu, florida, ohio state, over miami? i m in virginia now and its nothing up here but cold, blur!!

Last edited:
Alabama does nothing wrong and is a model for building a winning program.

You're a smart guy, but Alabama's numerous secondary violation reports, AKA "See, our NCAA rules are followed by everyone" deception at least proves this to be a false statement. Are you familiar with organized deception? Here is the military definition:

"...refers to attempts to mislead enemy forces during warfare. This is usually achieved by creating or amplifying an artificial fog of war via psychological operations, information warfare, visual deception and other methods."

All those secondary reports feed into the NCAA/E$ECPN narrative (AKA deception) of legitimcy. If we have learned anything about the media this past year is that the narrative desired by the controlling intrests trumps (no pun intended) the truth.

Would you feel so confident if a condition for Alabama, after winning a national championship on the field, would be their passing (no major violation of NCAA rules) a rigorous third party inspection and audit of all their compliance practices, from recruiting to obligation of funds to cell phone records and off season employment? Your in Atlanta, a winning race car at AMS has to pass a NASCAR tech spec inspection after taking the checkered flag, why not the same in CFB?

Wisdom is being smart, but tempering it with experience...

I don't think Alabama and any program should have to go through a special audit of their program just because they win. I have no problem if the NCAA decided to institute more detailed rules in regards to compliance and if penalties become more harsh. For starts I think football players should be help to the same standard of drug compliance as track athletes who are often tested at meets with no advanced warning. The only difference is instead of nulling the results like in track I think you suspend the football player going forward.

Alabama, Miami and most schools commit secondary infractions. Some of these things are basic like a football player using a hose at the football facility to wash his car or a team going over the practice time limit by a hour or two one week. The problem with the whole idea that Alabama is cheating is it lacks a reason on why they would need to cheat. Going to Alabama guarantees you as a player a National Championship, top notch facilities and a coaching staff that will develop you. Miami can offer a beach and night life. I am sure bag men exist but Alabama doesn't need them. If I had a kid player football, there would only be 2 schools I would hope he would consider, Miami and Alabama.

1. NO program goes through any audit, inspection or other means of surveillance unless the NCAA determines some outside source who reports something warrents an investigation. If that happens, the best thing you can do is hire Louie Freeh or some academic to write a report on your institution's failings and the NCAA will either reduce penalties or slap your wrist (see Pedo State/UNC) IF you are a state school. Private and don't do this? See Miami's years long NCAA torture using unethical tactics.

2. No comment on per sport Athletic Department spending caps? Do you like college wrestling being killed off by spending limitations and Title IX? Would the NFL be anyway competitive without the salary cap? I'm sure Yankees or Redsox or Cubs being World Champions every year would be great. Do the Royals win the crown WITHOUT the MLB luxury tax? Is OKC at least competitive in the past years with no NBA salary cap?
Is Alabama that much smarter or is the number of coaches available to break tape, work with players, recruit all over the country the reason? Ever heard of man-hours? Alabama has an exponential advantage in them compared to smaller programs. The NCAA's stated purpose is to keep a competive balance between schools, yet nothing that would actually do this (aforementioned athletic department spending caps per sport, booster registration and financial transaction monitoring, comprehensive ALL SCHOOLS compliance inspection system, unified and graded officiating, etc.) is in place.

3. Your looking for a "reason to cheat" when it has long been incorporated into the program's culture. To invoke NASCAR again (famous for it's "Alabama Gang" in the 70s, BTW), "If you ain't cheatin' you aint winning," hence the after race tech inspection. It's precisely be cause the NCAA won't swoop in unexpectedly (****, someone up there in Indy is probably receiving some 'Bama side $$ just in case) and inspect that there is NO downside in setting up an appropriately discreet funding operation. Academic fraud? Do you think any of 'Bama's tutors writing papers or profs administering exams would but their livelihood and safety on the line to do a UNC? Probably not...And it goes against their personal culture anyway.

Maybe you guys can turn this into Roll Tide Insight, Buckeye Insight, Gator Insight, or Duck Insight when CFB is down to about 20 or so winning schools and the rest use the MAC formula, i.e. keep our jobs by offering up our student athletes as sacrificial lambs to the big boys.

My eventual grandchild isn't even going to play football; no use getting CTE so that a bunch of old boosters from 20 or so schools can get their jollies winning 76-0.

1) I never said any program goes through an audit process, but there is compliance which in of itself a self reported audit. If schools are caught lying it could trigger an investigation. I think this process is fair, and the NCAA should continue to treat each school the same.

2) I am not a fan of losing college wrestling (wrestled 171), but title IX exist so I am not sure anything can be done about it for now. I am happy by wife had no college debt and was able to get an excellent condition for free because she happened to be good at a sport. Salary caps are interesting, but I don't think that is necessary unless you are paying players. The salary cap in every sport I know of doesn't apply to coaches. Considering Miami is paying Mark Richt over 4m I think a salary cap would only hurt us. Nick Saban is the most successful coach in college football and deserves every penny he makes.

3) If you want the NCAA to inspect our equipment before and after he game, I so no issue in it. I am not sure you can compare he 2, but perhaps you could shape some weight off the help and shoulder pads, I don't know. If you want a drug test before and after, I also have no issue with that, as long as it is done to all teams. I don't believe the professors at Alabama are much different than other schools. In fact I happen to know (2nd hand) at least one degree very friendly with Alabama football players. I also know (2nd hand) that they are told what classes not to take. Needles to say I think this happens at all schools. If it makes you feel any better I do no of one SEC school where you can (at least you could 7 years ago) get paid a five hundred bucks to cut a $40 lawn. Too bad this team sucks.

I root against Alabama, Ohio State, Florida and Florida State every week. If these schools start losing it will help Miami. I also root for most SEC schools to lose since currently getting a SEC offer is a higher level of a D1 offer. I hope my eventual son plays football and it would be great if he was good enough to player at Miami. If he was good enough and didn't want attend the U, it better be due to him wanting to attend a school like Alabama.

1. That’s why the IRS never audits and your place of business never hires a Deloitte, KPMG, or PWC affiliate to audit your books, right? Just sign some forms (that is what the NCAA requires, check my earlier posts in other threads) and it’s all good! The inspection failure of the USAF’s 1 TFW in 1980 showed how badly even a premier unit had fallen in the hollowed out military of the 1970s…Do football teams call penalties on themselves? Every school needs a compliance inspection and that includes ‘Bama.

2. Read my post again, I advocate spending caps within every college Atheletic Department, with the formula being on a per sport basis (i.e. not every school has every sport). You have $30 million to spend on football, for example. Want to pay Saban $8 million a year? Fine, but your spending limit is now down to $22 million a year and maybe recruiting trips will need to be cut back or your facilities maintenance budget will be cut. Then we can see who has the smartest staff and support personnel…The playing field will be level.

3. The post race NASCAR tech inspection was an allusion; if there is a 100% inspection regime of recruiting, cell phone use, booster transactions, and new mechanisms to monitor these activites, a post championship inspection is not needed; I just wanted to test your belief in ‘Bama’s infallibility. You think it happens at every school; wouldn’t we be in a better place if we had a group of untouchables backed up by regulations that cut down on the cheating? Nothing is perfect and bags of cash may get out there, but the threat of your program failing an inspection and being heavily sanctioned automatically pending appeal will change the culture, along with not being able to depend on outspending your opponent by a factor of two!

Last edited:
has this account already been deactivated? if so, there's really no stopping this at all

Advertisement
Ok, so why would Alabama need bag men to get the players they get. Why would these players not be interested in Alabama without getting paid.

Because there is a whole lot of competition for players.

Look, I appreciate your purity of thought, but I didn't know that people still believed that recruiting is on the level in college athletics.

High School players want the Alabama offer because they know its the best. The may end up staying up and playing for a local team so their family can watch them player, but outside of that Alabama holds the advantage. Look at schools like IMG and now every school in south Florida. Players don't have pride in their own hood anymore, and somehow you think they got pride in staying in the 305?

But none of that addresses the issue. We know Alabama is the best and is getting the best players. But there are a LOT of great players and a lot of competition for those players. ****, even USF is kicking in a little extra to get players they want.

I am sure bag men exist but Alabama doesn't need them.

I'm shocked at how naive you are for such a smart guy. If you're being serious here (wink).

Because a lot of people want a little "extra" in their stocking come Christmas time. You think it's a coincidence these Bama kids sport expensive cars after going there? We get popped for rentals that an ex-girlfriend mentions. Bama kids flaunt them on IG and Twitter.

Bama wasn't always Bama. They had to get back in the game to get to this level they are at now. I would wager everything i own there was more than a few shady handshake deals over the course of their epic run.

No, and like I have explained numerous times, these cars are paid for with student loans. My wife purchased a car with a student loan while in college on a full athletic scholarship. It is perfectly legal, and these cars are used and cars under 30k, so maybe we define expensive differently.

I know that's an option some take advantage of it, but i would also wager on some of these kids having an agreement the loans will be paid off for them, meaning no risk to them footing the bill or getting caught because of the paperwork being in place. There are numerous ways to circumvent the system. And yes, $30k to me is expensive for kids who claim they "can't afford to eat". My car was $30k.

has this account already been deactivated? if so, there's really no stopping this at all

Yes....said they were getting some serious threats directed at their family so they were leaving for now.

if they're operating via TOR, there's absolutely no reason for them to stop posting. it's incredibly difficult to reveal their identify or know where they're coming from at all. if they have any more proof, they should dump it anonymously in a major reporter's email.

Advertisement
Andrew is either trolling or completely delusional. Bagmen are real and they have a real impact on recruiting. I'm not sure how this can even be debated.

Alabama does nothing wrong and is a model for building a winning program.

You're a smart guy, but Alabama's numerous secondary violation reports, AKA "See, our NCAA rules are followed by everyone" deception at least proves this to be a false statement. Are you familiar with organized deception? Here is the military definition:

"...refers to attempts to mislead enemy forces during warfare. This is usually achieved by creating or amplifying an artificial fog of war via psychological operations, information warfare, visual deception and other methods."

All those secondary reports feed into the NCAA/E$ECPN narrative (AKA deception) of legitimcy. If we have learned anything about the media this past year is that the narrative desired by the controlling intrests trumps (no pun intended) the truth.

Would you feel so confident if a condition for Alabama, after winning a national championship on the field, would be their passing (no major violation of NCAA rules) a rigorous third party inspection and audit of all their compliance practices, from recruiting to obligation of funds to cell phone records and off season employment? Your in Atlanta, a winning race car at AMS has to pass a NASCAR tech spec inspection after taking the checkered flag, why not the same in CFB?

I don't think Alabama and any program should have to go through a special audit of their program just because they win. I have no problem if the NCAA decided to institute more detailed rules in regards to compliance and if penalties become more harsh. For starts I think football players should be help to the same standard of drug compliance as track athletes who are often tested at meets with no advanced warning. The only difference is instead of nulling the results like in track I think you suspend the football player going forward.

Alabama, Miami and most schools commit secondary infractions. Some of these things are basic like a football player using a hose at the football facility to wash his car or a team going over the practice time limit by a hour or two one week. The problem with the whole idea that Alabama is cheating is it lacks a reason on why they would need to cheat. Going to Alabama guarantees you as a player a National Championship, top notch facilities and a coaching staff that will develop you. Miami can offer a beach and night life. I am sure bag men exist but Alabama doesn't need them. If I had a kid player football, there would only be 2 schools I would hope he would consider, Miami and Alabama.

1. NO program goes through any audit, inspection or other means of surveillance unless the NCAA determines some outside source who reports something warrents an investigation. If that happens, the best thing you can do is hire Louie Freeh or some academic to write a report on your institution's failings and the NCAA will either reduce penalties or slap your wrist (see Pedo State/UNC) IF you are a state school. Private and don't do this? See Miami's years long NCAA torture using unethical tactics.

2. No comment on per sport Athletic Department spending caps? Do you like college wrestling being killed off by spending limitations and Title IX? Would the NFL be anyway competitive without the salary cap? I'm sure Yankees or Redsox or Cubs being World Champions every year would be great. Do the Royals win the crown WITHOUT the MLB luxury tax? Is OKC at least competitive in the past years with no NBA salary cap?
Is Alabama that much smarter or is the number of coaches available to break tape, work with players, recruit all over the country the reason? Ever heard of man-hours? Alabama has an exponential advantage in them compared to smaller programs. The NCAA's stated purpose is to keep a competive balance between schools, yet nothing that would actually do this (aforementioned athletic department spending caps per sport, booster registration and financial transaction monitoring, comprehensive ALL SCHOOLS compliance inspection system, unified and graded officiating, etc.) is in place.

3. Your looking for a "reason to cheat" when it has long been incorporated into the program's culture. To invoke NASCAR again (famous for it's "Alabama Gang" in the 70s, BTW), "If you ain't cheatin' you aint winning," hence the after race tech inspection. It's precisely be cause the NCAA won't swoop in unexpectedly (****, someone up there in Indy is probably receiving some 'Bama side $$ just in case) and inspect that there is NO downside in setting up an appropriately discreet funding operation. Academic fraud? Do you think any of 'Bama's tutors writing papers or profs administering exams would put their livelihood and safety on the line to do a UNC? Probably not...And it goes against their personal culture anyway.

Maybe you guys can turn this into Roll Tide Insight, Buckeye Insight, Gator Insight, or Duck Insight when CFB is down to about 20 or so winning schools and the rest use the MAC formula, i.e. keep our jobs by offering up our student athletes as sacrificial lambs to the big boys.

My eventual grandchild isn't even going to play football; no use getting CTE so that a bunch of old boosters from 20 or so schools can get their jollies winning 76-0.

Only had to read the first sentence past number 1 to know that you have no idea what your talking about. More self audits occur than mandated ones. That's 1000% a fact. So try again.

Advertisement

3. Your looking for a "reason to cheat" when it has long been incorporated into the program's culture. To invoke NASCAR again (famous for it's "Alabama Gang" in the 70s, BTW), "If you ain't cheatin' you aint winning," hence the after race tech inspection. It's precisely be cause the NCAA won't swoop in unexpectedly (****, someone up there in Indy is probably receiving some 'Bama side $$ just in case) and inspect that there is NO downside in setting up an appropriately discreet funding operation. Academic fraud? Do you think any of 'Bama's tutors writing papers or profs administering exams would but their livelihood and safety on the line to do a UNC? Probably not...And it goes against their personal culture anyway.

1) I never said any program goes through an audit process, but there is compliance which in of itself a self reported audit. If schools are caught lying it could trigger an investigation. I think this process is fair, and the NCAA should continue to treat each school the same.

2) I am not a fan of losing college wrestling (wrestled 171), but title IX exist so I am not sure anything can be done about it for now. I am happy by wife had no college debt and was able to get an excellent condition for free because she happened to be good at a sport. Salary caps are interesting, but I don't think that is necessary unless you are paying players. The salary cap in every sport I know of doesn't apply to coaches. Considering Miami is paying Mark Richt over 4m I think a salary cap would only hurt us. Nick Saban is the most successful coach in college football and deserves every penny he makes.

3) If you want the NCAA to inspect our equipment before and after he game, I so no issue in it. I am not sure you can compare he 2, but perhaps you could shape some weight off the help and shoulder pads, I don't know. If you want a drug test before and after, I also have no issue with that, as long as it is done to all teams. I don't believe the professors at Alabama are much different than other schools. In fact I happen to know (2nd hand) at least one degree very friendly with Alabama football players. I also know (2nd hand) that they are told what classes not to take. Needles to say I think this happens at all schools. If it makes you feel any better I do no of one SEC school where you can (at least you could 7 years ago) get paid a five hundred bucks to cut a $40 lawn. Too bad this team sucks.

I root against Alabama, Ohio State, Florida and Florida State every week. If these schools start losing it will help Miami. I also root for most SEC schools to lose since currently getting a SEC offer is a higher level of a D1 offer. I hope my eventual son plays football and it would be great if he was good enough to player at Miami. If he was good enough and didn't want attend the U, it better be due to him wanting to attend a school like Alabama.

1. That’s why the IRS never audits and your place of business never hires a Deloitte, KPMG, or PWC affiliate to audit your books, right? Just sign some forms (that is what the NCAA requires, check my earlier posts in other threads) and it’s all good! The inspection failure of the USAF’s 1 TFW in 1980 showed how badly even a premier unit had fallen in the hollowed out military of the 1970s…Do football teams call penalties on themselves? Every school needs a compliance inspection and that includes ‘Bama.

2. Read my post again, I advocate spending caps within every college Atheletic Department, with the formula being on a per sport basis (i.e. not every school has every sport). You have $30 million to spend on football, for example. Want to pay Saban $8 million a year? Fine, but your spending limit is now down to $22 million a year and maybe recruiting trips will need to be cut back or your facilities maintenance budget will be cut. Then we can see who has the smartest staff and support personnel…The playing field will be level.

3. The post race NASCAR tech inspection was an allusion; if there is a 100% inspection regime of recruiting, cell phone use, booster transactions, and new mechanisms to monitor these activites, a post championship inspection is not needed; I just wanted to test your belief in ‘Bama’s infallibility. You think it happens at every school; wouldn’t we be in a better place if we had a group of untouchables backed up by regulations that cut down on the cheating? Nothing is perfect and bags of cash may get out there, but the threat of your program failing an inspection and being heavily sanctioned automatically pending appeal will change the culture, along with not being able to depend on outspending your opponent by a factor of two!

1) The NCAA investigates when it needs to. I know for a fact compliance is very detailed and very personal for the student athlete. I am not an expert on the actual process outside of the student athlete, but I do no the NCAA often request more info. I also know they love investigations and so no reason they would treat Alabama differently. Alabama has been on probation almost as much as we have the past 35 years.

2) I understand your reasoning for a salary cap, I just don't agree with it. As much as we complain about Miami a salary cap would likely lower what we can spend. I would only see this helping Miami if the P5 conferences formed their own league as the salary cap would probably end up being somewhere around what we spend today. This will bring Alabama down to the same level as Miami, but personally don't believe that coaches, or staff should count towards a cap and since we don't pay players, I don't see the point in it.

3) I have no issues if the NCAA wants more details around recruiting cell phone use and ensuring violations are not happening. I don't feel the NCAA has any right to audit boosters records in any way. If a booster wants to donate money to a school, his business should not come under the eye of the NCAA. The NCAA should have no rights to request records, financial data or anything else from boosters without a court being involved.

And yes, $30k to me is expensive for kids who claim they "can't afford to eat". My car was $30k.

This. Don't ever let me see another thread that calls these kids "slaves" who can't even afford basic necessities.

You don't have to pay back student loans until you graduate and since all of these players think they are going to the NFL, they have no issues having 30k in student date. The probably see it as a normal college experience since most of the students they have class with have more debt. If I was an athlete I would feel I am entitled to a nice car, I mean everyone else is expensing their school, why not?

Advertisement
I spent about 17k at the casino in 2016. thirty thousand sounds good to me right now.

And yes, $30k to me is expensive for kids who claim they "can't afford to eat". My car was $30k.

This. Don't ever let me see another thread that calls these kids "slaves" who can't even afford basic necessities.

You don't have to pay back student loans until you graduate and since all of these players think they are going to the NFL, they have no issues having 30k in student date. The probably see it as a normal college experience since most of the students they have class with have more debt. If I was an athlete I would feel I am entitled to a nice car, I mean everyone else is expensing their school, why not?

Talk about missing the point.

If they have access to these student loans, why are they starving? Why can't their kids eat?

"Only had to read the first sentence past number 1 to know that you have no idea what your talking about. More self audits occur than mandated ones. That's 1000% a fact. So try again."

Definitely a true statement, since the NCAA performs NO mandated inspections, schools sign some forms:

Here you go:

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2016-17_DI_Form16_1_Certification_of_Compliance_for_Institutions_20160531.pdf

No idea? Try again? Okay, using your logic, a company never has to contact Ernst & Young, just have their own accounting staff (who have a vested interest in no errors, i.e. their pay) do it 1000 times. I'm sure your broker will still enjoy ($$$) your pennies on the dollar stock sale of the company whose leadership thought GAP is just a store selling clothes.

Do some of you live in the real world or some fantasy utopia you concocted in your head? Take down your Emma Watson poster in your parent's basement and come join us out here!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back