Someone ease my LB fears...

canestim

Junior
So with EJ, Gabe, and Paul gone (and the JAG's at LB still being JAG's), I stay awake at night. Well, that's only because of my old man bladder but still...

We still have some good LB's: Denzel, Figs, Gaines, Kirby, etc. but also some JAG's on the depth chart (if you want to call it depth). Grace I am happy about and who knows about Bond, seems like he will be more of rush DE/LB. And looking over here, Grassy, and CS I don't see much there recruiting wise. And with a few of the LB's being Seniors we are in a bad spot for next year. ****, with one injury we'll be in a bad spot for this year.

Besides Smith at NW (doesn't he play DE?), who are the legit LB targets for 2014? Any that can play right away? I looked at junior college too and didn't really see anything, am I missing something?

Advertisement
We're after terry mcrary from Blanche Ely, besides that not too sure, maybe ryheem lockley will play LB, I thought we had a good shot at Vincent Jackson, but now it seems like he's all but headed for the $ec

We're after terry mcrary from Blanche Ely, besides that not too sure, maybe ryheem lockley will play LB, I thought we had a good shot at Vincent Jackson, but now it seems like he's all but headed for the $ec

Thank God for Devante Bond and Alex Figueroa this past recruiting cycle.

So with EJ, Gabe, and Paul gone (and the JAG's at LB still being JAG's), I stay awake at night. Well, that's only because of my old man bladder but still...

We still have some good LB's: Denzel, Figs, Gaines, Kirby, etc. but also some JAG's on the depth chart (if you want to call it depth). Grace I am happy about and who knows about Bond, seems like he will be more of rush DE/LB. And looking over here, Grassy, and CS I don't see much there recruiting wise. And with a few of the LB's being Seniors we are in a bad spot for next year. ****, with one injury we'll be in a bad spot for this year.

Besides Smith at NW (doesn't he play DE?), who are the legit LB targets for 2014? Any that can play right away? I looked at junior college too and didn't really see anything, am I missing something?

Smith has been playing DE however for his senior season he will be playing LB so i'd say he'll play that in college. we are on McCrary and as for Jackson i doubt he plays LB at the next level he is already too big and will only get bigger. hopefully we can get on a guy like Jacob Pugh, it's only early no need to stress brother :neonu:

Advertisement
We're going to score 100 points with all of the offensive fire power we have. No linebackers needed.

On a serious note it doesn't seem like we have many linebackers on the board as far as what we know. Hopefully Spring Evals, Golden Camp and senior seasons can help us bring people in...

I like Richard yeargin from university school but I don't think we're recruiting him

Advertisement
We need to run 5-1-5

An extra pass rusher on the line and one additional db with our best lb in the middle

\sarcasm

Also the problem has more immediate concern: we may have to start walkons If injury bug hits hard. Knock on wood

Advertisement
I didn't see Terry, will check him out. Feel that Vincent will end up at UF, maybe Larry Scott's Tampa connections can help here but I doubt it. Hopefully Smith can make the transition to LB, glad he is doing it early instead of waiting until he gets here. Newman looks really good, doesn't seem like he has a lot of offers, grades or other?

Hopefully Golden can find us a Juco, but we need at least 2 Figs/Kirby's for 2014.

I didn't see Terry, will check him out. Feel that Vincent will end up at UF, maybe Larry Scott's Tampa connections can help here but I doubt it. Hopefully Smith can make the transition to LB, glad he is doing it early instead of waiting until he gets here. Newman looks really good, doesn't seem like he has a lot of offers, grades or other?

Hopefully Golden can find us a Juco, but we need at least 2 Figs/Kirby's for 2014.
he will not get an offer to play LB at UF

TE is what they want him as?

Advertisement

TE is what they want him as?
I dont think the coaches want him at all. Kid begged for an offer. If they were to offer it would probably be at TE I just don't see it happening.

Well, at least Golden has shown that he can find unheralded recruits who can contribute at LB.

EJ was the goods, Figs looks to be a steal, Terry had as much potential as anyone, but couldn't keep his head straight.

Advertisement
Back