Some thoughts on the Toledo game...

I haven't seen stats on this, neither have I charted it...but is it my imagination or we are playing a lot more zone than we did last year?

Last year I felt what made Manny's D so good was we were playing tight bump and run on the outside and playing with more guys in the box. Maybe he feels the way a lot of us do about the secondary talent and is afraid to man up now? I'm seeing big cushions and zone all over the place.

Advertisement
I haven't seen stats on this, neither have I charted it...but is it my imagination or we are playing a lot more zone than we did last year?

Last year I felt what made Manny's D so good was we were playing tight bump and run on the outside and playing with more guys in the box. Maybe he feels the way a lot of us do about the secondary talent and is afraid to man up now? I'm seeing big cushions and zone all over the place.

Im not seeing anything out of the ordinary from what he ran at MSU or UT. His bread and butter is zone blitz. Hes never been a man guy.

Im not seeing anything out of the ordinary from what he ran at MSU or UT. His bread and butter is zone blitz. Hes never been a man guy.

Maybe I'm losing my ******* mind but I felt like we played a significant amount of man last year.

I'm not saying I want a return to Randy Shannon's man under cover 2 on every **** down....but these loose zones with tons of cushion against formations with more than 2 receivers is a recipe for giving up a **** ton of yards.

Scheme aside.

Am I the only one that thinks we missed a ton of tackles against a much inferior opponent?

Advertisement

Maybe I'm losing my ******* mind but I felt like we played a significant amount of man last year.

I'm not saying I want a return to Randy Shannon's man under cover 2 on every **** down....but these loose zones with tons of cushion against formations with more than 2 receivers is a recipe for giving up a **** ton of yards.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ssippi-state-football-2015-manny-diaz-defense

Advertisement
Back