Some thoughts on the Clemson game...

Hey, I felt what I felt lol

But my view is that Im not judging by the standard of beating any ACC team (to me, that should be a given) but stretches of play like that last portion of the second quarter will get you beat by a better team, or at least put you in more danger.
200.gif
 
The one things I learned from last nights game is that with Mario, our DL will look, or try to look, like a ferocious and relentless unit that just goes in waves

The tenacious line play on both sides always gives us a chance and our opponents hate it
 
Congdon’s presence definitely helped.

I want this offense to be able to put forth a full 4th qtr game. For a variety of reasons, some that have already been said - but don’t need the offense to disappear for swaths of the game

And injuries aside….play calling
Going for it on 4th down…with a run between the guards that failed that gave Clemson great field position was just ridiculous. Just punt the ball there.

3rd and 6 - in the second half. Miami chooses to run it up the middle…didn’t come close to a 1st down. Why can’t Mensah throw the ball….there
COgden was an animal out there yesterday. We have our answer at guard with him.
 
If Clemson had an OL they would be a top-20 team. Big problem for them is playing a true freshman RT who wasn't ready for grown man strength.

That QB is nice. He's a true freshman and has balls the size of basketballs. They're really constrained on offense because when space gets short in the red zone he doesn't have the accuracy and processing speed to consistently finish drives right now, but that kid will be a future problem for teams.

Clemson WR's are nice. Big, strong, tough. On a fade ball they were an inch from TD and going in 17-10.

Ashton Hampton wasn't specifically matched with Toney often, but he won his matchup when they were. That kid is legit legit. The 4th down play against Toney was lowkey special.

I'll have a lot of thoughts on Miami when I write this one up, but Mensah is playing QB on a level that is going to be talked about on par with anyone this school has seen if he continues the whole season.
Really? Seemed like Hampton was on Toney all night to me
 
Hey, I felt what I felt lol

But my view is that Im not judging by the standard of beating any ACC team (to me, that should be a given) but stretches of play like that last portion of the second quarter will get you beat by a better team, or at least put you in more danger.
15,000 cars, my friend. It’s not easy and it comes with challenges But it’s time to hit that goal and get our raises!
 
Back
Top