Some thoughts on the BCC game

View as article
Advertisement
My biggest takeaway after watching our game and several others this weekend is that we our incredibly slow on D compared to the really good teams in the country.

It’s staggering. Offense will need to score 35+ most games for Miami to win this year

Of all the posted practice cuts, I've never seen the team do an indy drill that remotely looked like agility work. Then they throw themselves at a light *** bag and call it tackling work. Just doing stuff from 12u practices

I agree but it seems James doesn’t want to play lb
So at least if he played a similar role to frierson he would be closer to the los
Which I think is his strength not playing center field
the comment was about Bissainthe, not James...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Real talk, how many of y’all think this defense is worse than last year?

Put your names down.
It’s better. From what I’ve gathered here, Flagg and Ivey “PractiSe” better than the others they’re fending off but, at least with Ivey, he chokes come game time. And as to Flagg, they’re better off letting Blissainthe play and take the lumps with some mistakes IMO. We’ll see what they do. I’m not judging much until after the aTm game and the game after that for adjustments.

Real talk, how many of y’all think this defense is worse than last year?

Put your names down.

Definitely better. You forget we started last season with Carter and Hall as our starting safeties and Bolden as first off bench. We had McCloud and Chantz as our starting edge guys. A Patke-coached Flagg and Jennings at LB. Really no contest.

Advertisement
Definitely better. You forget we started last season with Carter and Hall as our starting safeties and Bolden as first off bench. We had McCloud and Chantz as our starting edge guys. A Patke-coached Flagg and Jennings at LB. Really no contest.
oh, I haven’t forgotten. Some people on this site have tho.

I honestly thought Ladson didn’t look awful either. Made some plays and sought contact in bounds on that last catch. He can carve out a role if he continues to work - we all know he has talent.

JW0 had a good pick, but wasn’t too impressed overall with his play. He got dragged by a few tacklers and made some poor reads. Hoping he shakes off the rust.

Nice to see Skinner get a catch, thought he looked fluid out there on that route.
JW played alright I think. He blitzed a lot and got pressures but guys lost contain on a few. Forced that bad throw that caused the Kam int and got his own on a beautiful play.

Advertisement
Back