Some things that stood out after watching again.

Tyree St Louis impressed me. He was going against Chad alot and didnt actually get killed....Has good feet and appears in shape..Just need some added strength

-Gauthier didnt look bad at center. Young kid...like to have a switch guy like that.

-Jaquan Johnson is a solid to good player..High IQ..hes a guy that will always be around the ball.

-Willis, D-Jack on that second unit..bring it in the pass rush the department. They get up the field ASAP. D Jack really impressed.

-Berrios looks to be a gamer, we might have to get him the ball at least 4-5 times a game minimum. The thing is..Sam Bruce is coming and Does alot of what Berrios does as well.

-Gus Edwards looks healthy...ran hard.

- The rb in the flats will be a killer...both Yearby and Walton have the best hands of any backs weve had in a while ( i think Yearby has better hands than Duke)

- Pinkney and Shaq. Shaq with his physicality...Pinkney with his speed...your not getting to the outside on him once he sees it. Shaq diagnoses plays quick..and when he hits you..thats pretty much it.

- Zach Mcloud is a big kid...he didnt look bad either...I dont think any of the freshman LBS..redshirt...they are all going to log minutes...with i think maybe two starting until Darrion Owens is back

Duke I've seen duke drop plenty of lobs, I wouldn't put him in the all hands RB team.

Advertisement
It would appear Redwine has really taken to rugby style tackling. Look through the thighs, grab, knife the legs, and spin them or drive back for 5 yards. It's the future (for obvious safety reasons) of football. Video after video it seems Redwine most of all has really taken to the technique.

This is the future, Pete Carroll has some great videos on line. Taught the technique to my 10 year olds team last year, takes the head out of the equation, effective tackling. Allows you to practice tackling with more reps and less head banging. We won the championship.

In your opinion as a coach (I'm a fan/obsessed arm chair analyst), what have you've seen with the new technique? As a rugby player for 20 years, it's just natural to watch them do that...I've cringed for all athletes for years as I watched the "football style" tackles...just brutal on long term health for sure.

What are your thoughts from teaching and seeing the results?

Nice touch......

"I felt bad for Cager on one dropped pass the place erupted in boos but I hope he knows it wasn't for him but rather the FSU fan walking by!!!!!"

I actually asked the guy why he came to the Canes event with Noles gear? He said he likes the Canes, but wanted to represent the free shoes. He didn't seem a very rational individual and was obviously uncomfortable. I could only SMH, another phucking idiot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back