Some things I heard today

Advertisement
Robert Lockhart, D'Mauri Jones, Preston Dewey - Anything?

Lockhart ACL; Jones haven't heard anything directly; last time I visited Gables, several people thought Dewey was a NC caliber QB (I know, high praise, but that's what was told to me by an assistant coach, so who knows?).

D I am confident in Porter and Seantrel staying.

That's great....do you have any basis for your confidence or is this a "reading the tea leaves" sort of confidence? Please expand on this.

I know both guys have reported to team workouts on Monday and were participating with the team like everyone else preparing for spring ball.

D- What's the plan for punting and pk next year? Is Goudis up to the job?

In his press conference yesterday Golden said we would not be taking a K/P in this years class but will in 2014. Said Goudis is there and a bunch of walkon kids they have from last year, will be taking walkon this years. Said there is an opportunity for any walk on to get that 2014 scholarship because its better to be kicking in front of the coaches every day then sending them a tape that may not get watched.

How has Dilliard been underwhelming? Do you watch all the practices? He was a true freshman who redshirted. Some of y'all are seriously delusional. A freshman who is redshirting didn't tear it up? Cut him!

You're probably the same people who were ready to cut Dallas Crawford a few weeks ago. GTFOH!

I said HE'S underwhelming, not he HAS BEEN. Obviously based off of the only thing I have seen from him - his high school tape.

PS you sound like a ******.

when the tape isn't impressive and neither are the practice reports, well, not much else needs to be said

Glad you're not one of our coaches. You would fit well on Shannon's staff though. Luckily, Golden believes in player development and recognizing things when he gets kids in camp and/or watches whole games instead of just highlight tapes and third hand "practice reports".

I don't know if the kid will be a stud here or not, but to write him off based on a youtube tape and some so-called practice reports is asinine. Kid has 4 more years here to develop into a player. But you guys would rather cut him when we're about to get scholarship reductions and are already short at the position.

I realize this but unfortunately for him, being short on talent is going to leave him buried on the depth chart. He's at the bottom right now and guys like Collins would pass him once they arrive. Its not like WR where you use 5 or 6 guys a game

Advertisement
How has Dilliard been underwhelming? Do you watch all the practices? He was a true freshman who redshirted. Some of y'all are seriously delusional. A freshman who is redshirting didn't tear it up? Cut him!

You're probably the same people who were ready to cut Dallas Crawford a few weeks ago. GTFOH!

I said HE'S underwhelming, not he HAS BEEN. Obviously based off of the only thing I have seen from him - his high school tape.

PS you sound like a ******.

when the tape isn't impressive and neither are the practice reports, well, not much else needs to be said

Glad you're not one of our coaches. You would fit well on Shannon's staff though. Luckily, Golden believes in player development and recognizing things when he gets kids in camp and/or watches whole games instead of just highlight tapes and third hand "practice reports".

I don't know if the kid will be a stud here or not, but to write him off based on a youtube tape and some so-called practice reports is asinine. Kid has 4 more years here to develop into a player. But you guys would rather cut him when we're about to get scholarship reductions and are already short at the position.

I realize this but unfortunately for him, being short on talent is going to leave him buried on the depth chart. He's at the bottom right now and guys like Collins would pass him once they arrive. Its not like WR where you use 5 or 6 guys a game

I also never said we should cut him. I agree its important to have bodies, just can't see this kid ever seeing the field here

You all need to relax on Dillard. If Golden can find a role for guys like Ben Jones and Jeremy Lewis - 2 players we had written off - then maybe he can find a role for Dillard on this team. If Dillard puts in the work, my opinion is this staff can extract production/talent from him and find a role for him.

Advertisement
One of Golden's post-practice interviews last week, someone asked about Dillard. AG said (paraphrasing) that he's doing great, and he expects him to be in the mix at RB next season.

When we were stock piling players a RS was almost guaranteed at some positions. Andre Johnson was red shirted.

**** news about AJL but great news about Coley. Just gotta let the dust settle.

Great to hear about Isadora too but my boy CaneDaddy and I are not surprised that Carter is set to do nasty things here. He's a ******* man child at the position.

You know I am hyped as **** to read that because our premonitions are coming true. Dude is going to make a lot of people look silly.

why are ya'll so high on this kid in particular? j/w

Honestly just a gut feeling man. Golden came out and said OK we need WRs right now and Carter was targeted immediately even though Florida is crawling with WRs. Dude is huge, athletic, basketball player, and he's also a goon and a half.

Saw this spring highlights where he was basically trying to beat the **** out of the DBs, talking ****, not to mention completely over matching them physically.

I said "I like....I like"

This. Plus he made up the story about coaches telling them to punch DB's to teach them to not hold just so he could punch DB's.

Kid has Randall Hill attitude and Irvin potential.

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** news about AJL but great news about Coley. Just gotta let the dust settle.

Great to hear about Isadora too but my boy CaneDaddy and I are not surprised that Carter is set to do nasty things here. He's a ******* man child at the position.

You know I am hyped as **** to read that because our premonitions are coming true. Dude is going to make a lot of people look silly.

why are ya'll so high on this kid in particular? j/w

Honestly just a gut feeling man. Golden came out and said OK we need WRs right now and Carter was targeted immediately even though Florida is crawling with WRs. Dude is huge, athletic, basketball player, and he's also a goon and a half.

Saw this spring highlights where he was basically trying to beat the **** out of the DBs, talking ****, not to mention completely over matching them physically.

I said "I like....I like"

This. Plus he made up the story about coaches telling them to punch DB's to teach them to not hold just so he could punch DB's.

Kid has Randall Hill attitude and Irvin potential.

LULZ. I need a link to this or something, I never read about that ****. Awesome if true.

DMoney, O'Donnel has played both TE and DE. Did you hear anything about which way his talents/our needs are leaning?

And Dortch. I hear he's very, very quick. Quick on the ground, and very quick above the shoulders. Sound about right?

Im still trying to understand what Porter is going pro in? Who is advising this kid?

Dam that was a rough 2 weeks of practice on our WR. We lost Davon Johnson AND Lockhart to knee injuries. Sucks.

I dont blame them on Stephen, obviously they get to see the other side but with his first year under his belt and some true experience for him to draw from I think he will take a big step, most of the things he needs to work on are things that can be fixed. Kid is going to come out very confident next year, not only in his ability but also in the offense as he would have been in the system for 3 years.

Thank gawd we havent given up on Collins and I hope we dont until the papers are signed and faxed to the Hecht.

Porter would end up like Forston. Undrafted. Not enough games on tape. Has only played in 7 games of the last 37 games.

UM has a new policy re: agents that more or less ensures that kids with eligibility left get advice before signing with an agent (or even talking to one). They need to ask for a waiver in order to talk to an agent. They have to speak to a committee to get a waiver. If they don't do that, they risk punishment, including being kicked off the team. Full policy here:

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=205545677

Advertisement
Back