Some Stuff

Cook taking an OV to FSU

Wouldn't you?

So he is saving his last official for us, Bama or USC? Cause he already OVed to Texas and has one set to Arkansas and UF.

I read the UF board and they're all guessing UM or Bama and those are the only 2 schools that scare them

They have good reason to be scared.

325.gif

Advertisement
I wonder how the UF coaches sell these guys on their offense.

"I know we have sucked on offense since 2009. I know nearly every offensive recruit has underachieved here. I know our current OC doesn't know how to use our weapons but when you get here we will figure it out."

How about, the current players are lacking and we need you to be a difference maker?

I don't get your line of reasoning...it's silly. Are you arguing that if a particular unit for a team struggles no recruit should go there to play on that unit? If that's the case, no defensive recruit should have committed to Miami last year, afterall, the defense was bad and D'Onofrio hadn't really proven anything at Miami yet. "I know our defense was 100+ last year and some of our defensive recruits didn't look all that great, but when you get here we'll figure it out." See how silly that reasoning is? No, there was an opportunity there for some guys to make a difference and they took that challenge, same scenario at UF. And the current staff has only been there since 11', most of their offensive recruits aren't even playing yet.

Relax it was a joke.

That said it has been 4 straight years of ineptitude with 4 and 5* recruits, 3 years under the current HC (94th, 104th, 105th). 3 years isn't an anomaly, its starting to be a trend. I can't imagine watching Pease's offense could excite any recruit. And unlike Miami's defense last year this is a Gator offense with a lot of upperclassman.

I agree with you completely, I HATE this offense. But Pease is only in his second year, and we've dealt with a lot of injuries. The first year was under Weis and even that year the starting QB missed 3 games and parts of others.

I do believe we will never have a great offense under Muschamp though...not his style. But we have clearly lacked for talent, I don't really care what the recruiting rankings say. And most of the highly ranked guys have washed out and most aren't even starting at the programs they transferred too, which gives you an idea of their talent level. Like Chris Dunkley for example.

Cook taking an OV to FSU

Wouldn't you?

So he is saving his last official for us, Bama or USC? Cause he already OVed to Texas and has one set to Arkansas and UF.

I read the UF board and they're all guessing UM or Bama and those are the only 2 schools that scare them

So is he taking final OV to Miami?

Wouldn't you?

So is he taking final OV to Miami?

Don't know, doesn't matter.

We have like what 3 spots to complete what is already an outstanding class and we have maybe 15 high rated kids we're after. Any of the three will be fine with me.

How did you determine that we have three spots left?

I believe that, ignoring the NCAA issue that none of us know anything about anyway, we could take as many as 35 in this class if we wanted to. 10 EE back to 2013, 25 new ones.

We're at 75 right now, we have at least 20 scholarship seniors leaving, that takes us down to 55, which leaves 30 spots to 85. Now we all KNOW that we're going to lose some kids to injury, transfers, cuts, maybe an NFL EE or two... every team has roster changes every year.

If they wanted to go balls to the walls, and the NCAA doesn't get in the way, they could sign 35. I would guess we sign around 30 unless the NCAA wakes up.

we actually only have 2 spots left for the 2014 class. we cannot enroll more than 29.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back