Some quick updates

D

deleted3746

• Torrance Gibson: Ohio St. has the edge but Miami is in the thick of it
  • George Campbell: UF's to lose, but open and listening to all
  • Calvin Ridley: Miami is in the driver's seat, will go to the same school as Shawn Burgess-Becker
  • Jovon Durante: "Committed" to WVU, but his recruitment is wide open, Miami and UF will make a run
  • Deon Cain: FSU leads and that's where he'll likely end up
  • Auden Tate: Miami leads, but that could change if USCe or UF offers
  • Tarvarus McFadden: Wide open, hasn't narrowed his list down yet
  • Tyrek Cole: Commitment to FSU is shaky, will continue to look around into the Fall

SOURCE

Advertisement
Forgive my ignorance, but who is Auden Tate? This is a new name to me. Like that we're leading though.

Advertisement
So let me get this straight, Golden has been recruiting since the day he landed the UM job and still trails OSU. Hope I'm wrong, but this Johnnie Dixon written all over it...

So let me get this straight, Golden has been recruiting since the day he landed the UM job and still trails OSU. Hope I'm wrong, but this Johnnie Dixon written all over it...

The difference is, we would've landed Dixon if he hadn't wanted to "get away". If we don't land Gibson, it's because of style of offense.

The difference is, we would've landed Dixon if he hadn't wanted to "get away". If we don't land Gibson, it's because of style of offense.

We run the wrong offense for him unless he is open to playing wr

Advertisement
Tate is way too slow.

On another note, gotta admit Chase Litton didn't look too bad in those clips.

We run the wrong offense for him unless he is open to playing wr

Take a look at the other thread on Gibson; Coley is selling an offense tailored around his skill set. We're recruiting him as a QB and pitching an offense built around him and what he does best.

The two excuses above regarding Dixon and Gibson are nice attempts to rationalize the loss of Dixon and the (potential) loss of Gibson.

It's the staff's job to convince Dixon that staying close to home and playing for Miami is a better alternative to getting away. It's also the staff's job to pitch the offense to Gibson, which Coley is already selling.

This staff is relentless and the effort is present, but we need to close.

Tate is way too slow.

On another note, gotta admit Chase Litton didn't look too bad in those clips.

He is maybe not a blazing 4.4 but he is a playmaker, someone who can get the ball and make plays happen. we have speed but we need that one person who will catch everything no matter what.

Advertisement
Coley has told Gibson that we'll focus our offense and play calling to whoever the playmaker / QB is... Ever since this came out Gibson has been a lot more serious about Miami. I think Coley got a good hook there.

How good is Durante? I haven't seen any of his highlights and I'm just wondering how good he is compared to our other WR targets, and how hard Miami is recruiting him.

Advertisement
Coley has told Gibson that we'll focus our offense and play calling to whoever the playmaker / QB is... Ever since this came out Gibson has been a lot more serious about Miami. I think Coley got a good hook there.

In Addition he should tell Gibson he will offer any offensive players that Gibson tells him to, let him call the plays and take his tests for him.

Where do we stand with T. McFadden, really want this kid and his recruitment seems wide open. Do we have a chance, his recruitment has been silent.

In Addition he should tell Gibson he will offer any offensive players that Gibson tells him to, let him call the plays and take his tests for him.

Sounds like an FSU and Ohio State Tatic

Advertisement
Back