Some on this site just don't get it. Doesn't matter the HC..

561Cane

All ACC
Premium
The college game has changed. It's become semi-corporate. Money, money, money. UM has some to compete. Could they invest more into it? Yes. Thus far, the University has shown it will not. So until the mindset changes to becoming relevant, whoever is hired does not matter.

Advertisement
I disagree. Yes we will never compete for the top head coaches because we will not pay 5-7M per yr. But, with the talent we have locally, and you add a legit coach, there are no limits what we could do. I don't care what anyone says. You have a coach and coordinators that know what the **** they are doing and we would run college football.

I disagree. Yes we will never compete for the top head coaches because we will not pay 5-7M per yr. But, with the talent we have locally, and you add a legit coach, there are no limits what we could do. I don't care what anyone says. You have a coach and coordinators that know what the **** they are doing and we would run college football.

You said it yourself..."a legit coach". That's gonna cost us if we ever hope to have some sort of winning tradition again.

There are coaches other than Saban, Fisher, and Miles that can coach this game and don't make over 5M a yr.

Advertisement
It takes foresight. Guys like Patterson and Briles could have been had a few years ago when they were tearing it up at mid-majors.

Miami needs an AD that is more than just a figure head.

Its always been about players. A lot of you seem to feel every good coach is out there making Saban money. Categorically false. A lot of them make around where Golden makes or just above. The university totally needs to invest more..... Particularly in the assistants, that's where we are falling way short. And at the same time hold them accountable for failure. That's what's lacking. Wins cure every other shortcoming if you invest in the entire coaching staff you see results.

You said it yourself..."a legit coach". That's gonna cost us if we ever hope to have some sort of winning tradition again.

A "legit coach" doesn't have to cost a **** ton of dough. After all, we're comparing him to al golden.

Advertisement
A real x and o's type of guy a real leader of men that's all you need and we'll be just fine, you just have to find them and that's up too our ad and that means with our current administration were ****ed!!!!

I would agree with you if we were 10-2 or 9-3 for consecutive years and could get over the hump do to the lack of money/facilities but we haven't done that. We have been bad on the field

What is your definition of Legit Coach? For me, it's someone that has there program consistently in the Top 20. And that HC along with his staff is getting paid much more than what UM pays it's current staff....and what has historically paid.

2014 team payrolls per espn:

1. LA Dodgers $238M
2. NY Yankees $209M
6. SF Giants $147M

I agree on more money but we don't need to match Alabama or * to beat them.

Advertisement
They need to think outside the box... I don't know what Jankovich saw in Jimmy Johnson (29-25-3) at Oklahoma State, but he was Spot on, then with Erickson (12-10-1) at Washington State he does the same... Jankovich saw something in these guys because their records weren't exactly setting the world on fire, basically .500 ball.. Both Johnson & Erickson fit right in, though Johnson's first year was a little bumpy..
Bottom line is we don't need to hire a Saban, Miles, or Fischer, what we need is for the AD to go to work and find that diamond in the rough.. It means he's got to go to work and find that coach that has the Passion and Fire to bring The U back

What is your definition of Legit Coach? For me, it's someone that has there program consistently in the Top 20. And that HC along with his staff is getting paid much more than what UM pays it's current staff....and what has historically paid.

Well let's see, Al Golden makes more, according to USA Today than the following LEGIT coaches:

David Shaw
Mark Helfrich

His salary is comparable to:

Pat Fitzgerald
Gary Anderson
Mark Stoops
Todd Graham
Hugh Freese

I didn't look up what the assts get paid but I am sure they are slightly more.

Bull****.

Al Golden at 2.25 mil makes more money than the head coaches at Oregon and Notre Dame.

We would pay 3 mil per year if we found a guy worth that. That is what Petrino, Hugh Freeze, Dan Mullen and others make.

Advertisement
We have a significant advantage over the entire country with our geographic area.

The SFLA kids would flock here if we had a real coaching staff.

Get Mike Gundy and call it a day. He would win the Coastal next year with Kaaya. Feldman has him has a wildcard candidate at Nebraska bc supposedly him and T Boone aren't getting along so well.

When he has talent at OK state he wins and wins big. Our roster next year would win at least 8 with him and be a nice building block. I think he has the personality to recruit better then Golden down here as well.

Advertisement
Back