Some observations at this point in the season...

#1 is a direct indictment on Enos. Plain and simple. If he really has aspirations to be a head coach one day he needs to fix that situation with a quickness.

Talent isn't the issue, we have more talent than almost every team on the schedule and aren't even that far removed from UF, who will end up being the best team we play on this pathetic schedule.

Win out. Period. With that schedule there is zero excuse for it not to happen. We won't sniff the playoffs this year but that was never the goal. Win the ACC Coastal, finished ranked, have a decent showing against Clemson in the ACCCG.....and then you have something to sell the recruits on for next year.

Then next year you return all 5 O lineman and the QB. Now , in theory, you're cooking with grease.

Again......Manny needs to win out. The schedule couldn't be any more favorable.

I think #55 ND goes pro.....just my opinion.

Advertisement
1) Our 3rd down % and Red zone need fixing for us to really compete at the next level. I think this is rooted in our not being dominate in the trenches AND everyone not doing their job at the same time (missed chip block, bad route running, not picking up stunts, etc). To me this has been a major struggle for our team for multiple seasons and still plagues us today. Instead of the Bacardi Red Zone, it really has become the dreaded red zone - if we don't score before we enter it our chance drop significantly.

2) Our kick off team is like watching the special Olympics each time a team returns the ball. I just cannot understand, with the speed and talent of our players, why we continue to let 30-40 yard returns take place. Its simply mind blowing. Come on guys just stay in your lanes and play disciplined football.

3) We fixed the punt team, now we have a head case for the field goals. Why is it we target head cases for kickers...grrrr. Very frustrating. Fix the red zone issue and this somewhat goes away...Also our blocking for extra points leaves a LOT to be desired.

4) We seem to loose contain a lot this year. I not sure if its D stunts or what, but we struggle to set the edge at times...lots of times. For the most part we kill it in the middle, but teams make way to many yards on the outside.

5) Our secondary is worse than Sybil - it's very schizophrenic. One play they play lock down, next play my mother could house a pass on them. They also seem to give receivers way to much space. The root cause could be poor communications/pass off, but I am not sure. They sure seem to get turned around easily.

6) Our LB seem lost in coverage or assignments at times. I think this has to do with heavy use of stunts and poor communications. But multiple times this season they are simply out of place - leaving big holes in the middle of the field.

Thoughts?

Disagree with "way to many yards outside". We give up 70 rushing yards a game for 2.4 a carry. I will take that all day everyday until the end of time.

I would argue a lot of the "issues" outside of Baxa and the linebackers is related to youth.

The OL has gotten better every single week (yes yes competition) and the secondary sans Bandy is all new. I'm enjoying the progression thus far.

#1 is a direct indictment on Enos. Plain and simple. If he really has aspirations to be a head coach one day he needs to fix that situation with a quickness.

Talent isn't the issue, we have more talent than almost every team on the schedule and aren't even that far removed from UF, who will end up being the best team we play on this pathetic schedule.

Win out. Period. With that schedule there is zero excuse for it not to happen. We won't sniff the playoffs this year but that was never the goal. Win the ACC Coastal, finished ranked, have a decent showing against Clemson in the ACCCG.....and then you have something to sell the recruits on for next year.

Then next year you return all 5 O lineman and the QB. Now , in theory, you're cooking with grease.

Again......Manny needs to win out. The schedule couldn't be any more favorable.

My man

100%

1 down 4 to go in this home stretch. Get me to 5-2 rolling out to Pitt and I feel MUCH better.....

Advertisement
I feel like every issue we have are the same issues we've had for the last decade.

1. Lack of overall team speed (improving but nowhere near what it should be for a Miami team).
2. Sub-par special teams.
3. Horrendous red-zone Offense.

#1 looks like they are trying to address with recruiting.

#2 I don't see getting fixed any time soon. I'm not necessarily in the boat of getting a designated Special Teams coach (some of our best units have been coached by Coaches who also coached other units at the same time), but I'd like to see us get somebody who knows wtf they're doing and not somebody who's like "Hey, I'll do it!"

#3 We'll see.

We're allowing an average of 18.3 yds per Kick off return that's 6.7 yds better than a Touchback, and on Punt returns, they're allowing 4.75 yds per return. What are you talking about?
Why do you have to ruin the thread with facts and stats... Fantasyland is better.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Have not researched this. Just my observation vast majority of missed 3rd down conversions were 3rd and long. Probably at least half the 3rd and longs
caused by dumb penalties.

Just say you hate Jarren and get it over with

Lol why would I hate my QB??... I was rooting for him to win the QB competition. But so far his inability to finish drives has lost us 2 games.... 1 to an unranked UNC team. the last Miami QB to lose to UNC was Kaaya and it was bc of the same reasons.

Hopefully he will grow up in areas where Kaaya couldn’t and be able to win our remaining games against inferior ACC level competition.

Advertisement
Lol. I thought you posted that N'Kosi threw a better ball, like last week. You think Jarren should be playing over N'Kosi?

Advertisement
Lol why would I hate my QB??... I was rooting for him to win the QB competition. But so far his inability to finish drives has lost us 2 games.... 1 to an unranked UNC team. the last Miami QB to lose to UNC was Kaaya and it was bc of the same reasons.

Hopefully he will grow up in areas where Kaaya couldn’t and be able to win our remaining games against inferior ACC level competition.

We outscored them 23-3 after the first quarter. Led by Jarren.

It should have been 29-3 but others on this team failed at their jobs, not him. He didn't have a PAT blocked, miss a chip shot field goal or drop a two point conversion placed in his hands.

If everyone on this team had performed at his level, the 4th and 17 is irrelevant.

Your assertion he cost us anything is preposterous.

I feel like every issue we have are the same issues we've had for the last decade.

1. Lack of overall team speed (improving but nowhere near what it should be for a Miami team).
2. Sub-par special teams.
3. Horrendous red-zone Offense.

#1 looks like they are trying to address with recruiting.

#2 I don't see getting fixed any time soon. I'm not necessarily in the boat of getting a designated Special Teams coach (some of our best units have been coached by Coaches who also coached other units at the same time), but I'd like to see us get somebody who knows wtf they're doing and not somebody who's like "Hey, I'll do it!"

#3 We'll see.

2 and 3 sure, but number 1 is just what people say when we don't do what they want. Every time the other team scores...team speed. Every time we miss a tackle...team speed. Don't get that sack? Team speed. Maybe there are no more organic mangos at the store...Team speed! Phone keeps dropping wifi? You know what it is.

For at least 10 years porsters have not only been complaining about team speed, but they've been talking about how we were finally getting it fixed. Every year we're on the verge of getting that elusive TEAM SPEED®

Congrats, you're part of a long, proud lineage of Miami porsters.

2 and 3 sure, but number 1 is just what people say when we don't do what they want. Every time the other team scores...team speed. Every time we miss a tackle...team speed. Don't get that sack? Team speed. Maybe there are no more organic mangos at the store...Team speed! Phone keeps dropping wifi? You know what it is.

For at least 10 years porsters have not only been complaining about team speed, but they've been talking about how we were finally getting it fixed. Every year we're on the verge of getting that elusive TEAM SPEED®

Congrats, you're part of a long, proud lineage of Miami porsters.
Thanks for the congrats. Preciate it. And ****, that's the reason my phone keeps dropping?

Anyway, I'll stand my ground on point 1. When we talk speed, we're not just talking 40 times or hitting 20 mph or whatever.

It's the explosion that is lacking. Theres maybe 3 guys on the squad that have that blast off. That burst that jumps off the screen.

Our squad needs to get faster at every position on Defense.

I had no idea we had issues with our OL or Special Teams. Thank you, OP.

Advertisement
Back