Some observations at this point in the season...

fllcane

Recruit
Premium
1) Our 3rd down % and Red zone need fixing for us to really compete at the next level. I think this is rooted in our not being dominate in the trenches AND everyone not doing their job at the same time (missed chip block, bad route running, not picking up stunts, etc). To me this has been a major struggle for our team for multiple seasons and still plagues us today. Instead of the Bacardi Red Zone, it really has become the dreaded red zone - if we don't score before we enter it our chance drop significantly.

2) Our kick off team is like watching the special Olympics each time a team returns the ball. I just cannot understand, with the speed and talent of our players, why we continue to let 30-40 yard returns take place. Its simply mind blowing. Come on guys just stay in your lanes and play disciplined football.

3) We fixed the punt team, now we have a head case for the field goals. Why is it we target head cases for kickers...grrrr. Very frustrating. Fix the red zone issue and this somewhat goes away...Also our blocking for extra points leaves a LOT to be desired.

4) We seem to loose contain a lot this year. I not sure if its D stunts or what, but we struggle to set the edge at times...lots of times. For the most part we kill it in the middle, but teams make way to many yards on the outside.

5) Our secondary is worse than Sybil - it's very schizophrenic. One play they play lock down, next play my mother could house a pass on them. They also seem to give receivers way to much space. The root cause could be poor communications/pass off, but I am not sure. They sure seem to get turned around easily.

6) Our LB seem lost in coverage or assignments at times. I think this has to do with heavy use of stunts and poor communications. But multiple times this season they are simply out of place - leaving big holes in the middle of the field.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
#1 is a direct indictment on Enos. Plain and simple. If he really has aspirations to be a head coach one day he needs to fix that situation with a quickness.

Talent isn't the issue, we have more talent than almost every team on the schedule and aren't even that far removed from UF, who will end up being the best team we play on this pathetic schedule.

Win out. Period. With that schedule there is zero excuse for it not to happen. We won't sniff the playoffs this year but that was never the goal. Win the ACC Coastal, finished ranked, have a decent showing against Clemson in the ACCCG.....and then you have something to sell the recruits on for next year.

Then next year you return all 5 O lineman and the QB. Now , in theory, you're cooking with grease.

Again......Manny needs to win out. The schedule couldn't be any more favorable.

Advertisement
1) Our 3rd down % and Red zone need fixing for us to really compete at the next level. I think this is rooted in our not being dominate in the trenches AND everyone not doing their job at the same time (missed chip block, bad route running, not picking up stunts, etc). To me this has been a major struggle for our team for multiple seasons and still plagues us today. Instead of the Bacardi Red Zone, it really has become the dreaded red zone - if we don't score before we enter it our chance drop significantly.

2) Our kick off team is like watching the special Olympics each time a team returns the ball. I just cannot understand, with the speed and talent of our players, why we continue to let 30-40 yard returns take place. Its simply mind blowing. Come on guys just stay in your lanes and play disciplined football.

3) We fixed the punt team, now we have a head case for the field goals. Why is it we target head cases for kickers...grrrr. Very frustrating. Fix the red zone issue and this somewhat goes away...Also our blocking for extra points leaves a LOT to be desired.

4) We seem to loose contain a lot this year. I not sure if its D stunts or what, but we struggle to set the edge at times...lots of times. For the most part we kill it in the middle, but teams make way to many yards on the outside.

5) Our secondary is worse than Sybil - it's very schizophrenic. One play they play lock down, next play my mother could house a pass on them. They also seem to give receivers way to much space. The root cause could be poor communications/pass off, but I am not sure. They sure seem to get turned around easily.

6) Our LB seem lost in coverage or assignments at times. I think this has to do with heavy use of stunts and poor communications. But multiple times this season they are simply out of place - leaving big holes in the middle of the field.

Thoughts?
I'd settle for competing at this level.

Thoughts?
This has only happened like twice this year. While not perfect, our kickoff coverage has been fine.

Advertisement
We're allowing an average of 18.3 yds per Kick off return that's 6.7 yds better than a Touchback, and on Punt returns, they're allowing 4.75 yds per return. What are you talking about?

Thoughts?

This has only happened like twice this year. While not perfect, our kickoff coverage has been fine.

Also, this guy has been watching the wrong team if he thinks we've been consistently losing contain of either the QB in the pocket or letting the opponent's rushing game beat us to the outside. This has been one of the things we have actually been doing quite well so far this young season. Our pass D has certainly taken a step back, but our run D is performing at an elite level so far.

Based on that comment alone, I completely disregarded the rest of the post.

We're allowing an average of 18.3 yds per Kick off return that's 6.7 yds better than a Touchback, and on Punt returns, they're allowing 4.75 yds per return. What are you talking about?
No freaking kidding. Factor in that Baxa is kicking it through the endzone almost EVERY kick. What a **** stupid statement. Bethune gets one decent kickoff return, VERY late in the game, and people think the sky is falling. Notice I said decent, not great. Also, that was with us kicking off from deep after the Murphy celebration.

No freaking kidding. Factor in that Baxa is kicking it through the endzone almost EVERY kick. What a **** stupid statement. Bethune gets one decent kickoff return, VERY late in the game, and people think the sky is falling. Notice I said decent, not great. Also, that was with us kicking off from deep after the Murphy celebration.
Also that kid on BCU will be on someone’s roster in the NFL at least in preseason. Kid had legit juice

Advertisement

Thoughts?

I think the main issue with our 3rd down % and red zone scoring issues is always and will always be on the quarterback

Advertisement

Thoughts?
Have you tried the Giza Dream Sheets... you wake up energized and full of optimism.

Advertisement
Back