Some notes

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
This is all taken from a recruiting chat over on Scout. Not much going on in this one but there will he plenty more coming.

Basically lots of praise for some of our commits (Waters, Witt, Kirby especially)

We are no longer recruiting Howard and we were never seriously recruiting Ricardo Louis. Despite not recruiting Howard Mike says this staff is running circles around the old staff (duh......but good to hear regardless)

Keep an eye out for a late TE addition. Also PJ Williams is still in the mix. Out of the remaining big prospects L.Williams is the most likely but will still he tough. Borque also a tough flip.

I will try and post some info after chats when available. Even if you have a thing against Mike lots of people bring good info this late in the year to these chats so we will see.

Advertisement
Thanks for the info, I can't blame the staff for not recruiting Howard, because it's a waste of time at this point. He isn't coming and we are short on schollys so we need to focus on other players.

There was a lot of info on EE's but that was posted in the other thread.

One thing I forgot was Kevin Olsen. Mike thinks when rankings are released he will be an elite 5 star kid and we have a great shot at him. Would be great to lock him up and lead the class with some of these other beasts we picked up.

Advertisement
Thanks. Glad to hear we're not recruiting Tracy Howard anymore. Mike's recruiting info has always been solid I think. It's when he tries to evaluate a player that I take it with a grain of salt. If he tries to predict a game or a teams outlook, I wouldn't even pay attention. Yes it's that bad to me.

Thanks. Glad to hear we're not recruiting Tracy Howard anymore. Mike's recruiting info has always been solid I think. It's when he tries to evaluate a player that I take it with a grain of salt. If he tries to predict a game or a teams outlook, I wouldn't even pay attention. Yes it's that bad to me.

LOL, I would never argue that post. It is nice to get some feedback from someone who is and has been around these guys for years, rather than hoping for a twitter account to be accurate. Again, I will post more as the day gets closer and you(and lots of others) know those signing day chats are always good for some material.

Did Mike mention who we are looking to close with or what positions we're still looking at?

Advertisement
I am skeptical of his info from/access to this staff.

He used to have the best "in" of any "insider" around, IMO. Not sure what happened to that relationship...but less and less has come out on his end.

So, I dunno if its just he holds back or what. There was an issue back in the day, where Tano and I and cejas and some other mods got upset with Mike because he wanted us to get rid of threads pertaining to bad news for UM (the Rick Kortch kiddie **** scandal, around that time)...we didn't want to play nice, because, ****, its not like playing nice had helped CanesTime get an edge over stories/access/etc over rivals or even InsideTheU at the time. Was kinda whack.

Last edited:
I am skeptical of his info from/access to this staff.

He used to have the best "in" of any "insider" around, IMO. Not sure what happened to that relationship...but less and less has come out on his end.

So, I dunno if its just he holds back or what. There was an issue back in the day, where Tano and I and cejas and some other mods got upset with Mike because he wanted us to get rid of threads pertaining to bad news for UM (the Rick Kortch kiddie **** scandal, around that time)...we didn't want to play nice, because, ****, its not like playing nice had helped CanesTime get an edge over stories/access/etc over rivals or even InsideTheU at the time. Was kinda whack.

Mike went from an unknown guy covering only one site to a much bigger job covering multiple sites. He is simply very diluted now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back