Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I was kind of surprised at how little love he got.

Guy was a triple crown winner. Incredibly disciplined at the plate. And early on, cannon arm.

I'm still picking Griffey, but was surprised at the dismissal shown towards Miggy.

Same with Rivers. Kinda shocked so many ppl pick Vick without even thinking about it.
Miggy's a 1st Ballot HOFer and the Greatest Marlin Ever. But it's no question...

Advertisement
Should we have alumni fill in for the last 3 coaching slots assuming we don't have a full staff for spring?

Yea Griffey is just to good.

Better question wouldve been

Miguel Cabrera or Vladimir Guerrero
Did Griffey have better numbers than Miggy? I remember always being hurt once he left Seattle. Miggy is arguably the best hitter of his generation. Playing at Detroit did him no favors.

Nike came out w/ his line; only a couple of baseball players can rock it w/ his attributes. Trout is on his line. If KGJ didn’t get injured, my guy would’ve put stats up on both offense & defense we would’ve never seen. Griffey was special; hit for average, easy power, steal bases, and a helluva defensive player. My guy put up 600+ HRs missing how many games??!
Ichiro is another one. If he didn't play in the japanese league all those years, he would have been setting records that will never be beat. If I am not mistaken the only person to ever have 10 seasons with 200 hits was pete rose. It took him 16 or 17 seasons to do it. Ichiro had 10 seasons with 200 hits in a row lol.

Advertisement
Did Griffey have better numbers than Miggy? I remember always being hurt once he left Seattle. Miggy is arguably the best hitter of his generation. Playing at Detroit did him no favors.
Woooo some of those Seattle teams were loaded Griffey, A rod, Randy Johnson, Cora, edgar martinez, jaimie moyer, jay buhner, i'm sure I'm even forgetting some

Ichiro is another one. If he didn't play in the japanese league all those years, he would have been setting records that will never be beat. If I am not mistaken the only person to ever have 10 seasons with 200 hits was pete rose. It took him 16 or 17 seasons to do it. Ichiro had 10 seasons with 200 hits in a row lol.

Aye bruh, true story:

So u know L.A fans be on some funny style chit, like real bandwagon. Lol. So during this time, my boys were Angels fans (now Los Doyers fans). We’re at the A, & Seattle is in town. My boy had prime seats, like right behind right field. So my boy chirps at Ich like ‘bro, all u do is hit singles, that chit ain’t exciting.’ Ich don’t say nothing, just doing his thing. I wanna say it was either the 5th or 6th inning & this fool launches one towards right field. Lol.

Omm, when he went back to play defense, I swear he looked at my boy w/ a smirk & just kept it pushing. Lol.

Last edited:
It’s not at all a knock on Miggy. Miggy is a great one. But if the question is who are you starting a franchise with, it’s no doubt KGJ.

Off field: no brainer. Individual baseball players are harder to build brands around than a basketball player. So I won’t put him in the Jordan/Lebron category. But KGJ is one of the most marketable players of his time. He had it all. The name, the look, and a smile you could slap on anything. I’m sure @Rellyrell would give his apparrel endorsement 😁. He puts butts in the stands, buzz on the streets and jerseys on backs.

On field: possible top 30 player of all time. I’d have to look but his WAR may be higher than Miggy. They are both amazing either way with a bat. But what people forget is that KGJ had about 10 golden gloves BEFORE his knees started to go. He covered so much ground in the field. Doubles went to die in the gaps while he was prowling. Nobody tracked a fly ball to the warning track/wall the way he did. He had it all.
KGJ was the man. Def my favorite player ever.

Advertisement
I'm headed out to see the Marcus King band in a few. I've heard he's young & a phenomenal guitar player. Kind of cut out of the SRV mold.

I'll be back with a report....
I made it back to the crib safe and sound. Thank God..... The Marcus King band was nice. Kid is Uber talented but he hasn't found his thing yet. He shreds but in no way shape or form did he resemble SRV.

Aye bruh, true story:

So u know L.A fans be on some funny style chit, like real bandwagon. Lol. So during this time, my boys were Angels fans (now Los Doyers fans). We’re at the A, & Seattle is in town. My boy had prime seats, like right behind right field. So my boy chirps at Ich like ‘bro, all u do is hit singles, that chit ain’t exciting.’ Ich don’t say nothing, just doing his thing. I wanna say it was either the 5th or 6th inning & this fool launches one towards right field. Lol.

Omm, when he went back to play defense, I swear he looked at my boy w/ a smirk & just kept it pushing. Lol.

Ichiro’s batting practice sessions are the stuff of legends. Dude would absolutely launch bomb after bomb after bomb. Legit 400 foot **** rockets over and over. But he felt that he was a better hitter not trying to hit for power in games. And he had a decent career, so he might’ve been onto something there. But people who don’t think Ichiro had pop are massively mistaken. Dude legit could have hit 40+ home runs a season if he wanted to.

Advertisement
I made it back to the crib safe and sound. Thank God..... The Marcus King band was nice. Kid is Uber talented but he hasn't found his thing yet. He shreds but in no way shape or form did he resemble SRV.
a friend went to see Jeff Beck years ago, and opening for Beck was SRV...he watched SRV absolutely kill it...he said Beck came out and it was a let down.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back