Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t like to criticize peoples music tastes but Dave Matthews is just ******* horrible

I’m with you, I don’t like to criticize other people’s taste in music either, I also have to say I don’t think I’ve ever heard a Dave Matthews band song. Like ever. If I have, I’m not aware of it.

Advertisement
I like pretty much anything other than country

My Liked list goes from Dayton Family to Jessica Simpson pretty seamlessly
That's interesting. I too have tried to give country a chance but I just cant do it. Jessica Simpson? Wow. That's cool and all but not for me. I also have a somewhat eclectic taste in music but I grew out of my "I like a little of everything" and "look how diverse my playlists are!" phases a long time ago. Not saying that you are in that phase just making a general commentary. For me at least it became a matter of the older I got the more I began to just concentrate on what I know I truly like. I'm a hard rock guy and its just hardwired into me. Its who I am and will never change. I could say Im a metalhead which I am but Im not a fan of the gravel voice death metal crap. I like classic stuff like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Megadeth, GNR and I love classic Rush the DLR Van Halen, Soungarden, Alice in Chains, Pantera, Queensryche(the classic lineup with Chris Degarmo and Geoff Tate), Mastodon and my favorite band has to be Tool.

I also love stuff like the Police, the Cure, The Smiths, and used to like Radiohead, The Pixies, and a lot of the late 80s early 90s college radio stuff. Primus, the classic Red Hot Chilli Peppers which means nothing after Blood Sugar *** Magic. Those early 90's Beastie Boys records like Check your Head and Ill Communication were fantastic. Classic Simple Minds and no that doesnt include "Dont you forget about me". What else....Ministry, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer ........ I guess that all pretty much sums me up.

Stuff I hated would include ......

Edie Brickell
Alanis Morrisette.
Hootie and the Blowfish
The Dave Matthews Band
The Killers
Imagine Dragons
Creed
Nickelback
Metallica post And Justice for all(I hated The Black Album and yes I know that will not be a popular take.
Marilyn Manson
Disturbed
Slipknot
Candlebox
Seven Mary Three
Five Finger Death Punch
And many more I cant think of right now.

Edit. Seems I had a partial duplicate of this post that I didnt notice until this second. I just got a new phone a Google Pixel 6 Pro and I'm still in the feeling out phase. Does anyone here have this phone? Any good? I traded in my last phone, an LG Stylo 6 and the biggest piece of garbage I have ever owned. I think connecting two tin cans with a piece of string would be more reliable.

Last edited:
I’m with you, I don’t like to criticize other people’s taste in music either, I also have to say I don’t think I’ve ever heard a Dave Matthews band song. Like ever. If I have, I’m not aware of it.
I think you have but you just are one of those lucky few that your brain blocked out the sounds from actually entering into your ears

It’s a super power brother

That's interesting. I too have tried to give country a chance but I just cant do it. Jessica Simpson? Wow. That's cool and all but not for me. I also have a somewhat eclectic taste in music but I grew out of my "I like a little of everything" and "look how diverse my playlists are!" phases a long time ago. Not saying that you are in that phase just making a general commentary. For me at least it became a matter of the older I got the more I began to just concentrate on what I know I truly like. I'm a hard rock guy and its just hardwired into me. Its who I am and will never change. I could say Im a metalhead which I am but Im not a fan of the gravel voice death metal crap. I like classic stuff like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Megadeth, GNR and I love classic Rush the DLR Van Halen, Soungarden, Alice in Chains, Pantera, Queensryche(the classic lineup with Chris Degarmo and Geoff Tate), Mastodon and my favorite band has to be Tool.

I also love stuff like the Police, the Cure, The Smiths, and used to like Radiohead, The Pixies, and a lot of the late 80s early 90s college radio stuff. Primus, the classic Red Hot Chilli Peppers which means nothing after Blood Sugar *** Magic. Those early 90's Beastie Boys records like Check your Head and Ill Communication were fantastic. Classic Simple Minds and no that doesnt include "Dont you forget about me". What else....Ministry, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer ........ I guess that all pretty much sums me up.

Stuff I hated would include ......

Edie Brickell
Alanis Morrisette.
Hootie and the Blowfish
The Killers
Imagine Dragons
Creed
Nickelback
Metallica post And Justice for all(I hated The Black Album and yes I know that will not be a popular take.
Marilyn Manson
Disturbed
Slipknot
Candlebox
Seven Mary Three
Five Finger Death Punch
And many more I cant think of right now.
Jessica Simpson “I Wanna Love You Forever”

That chick has a voice. That’s all I’m saying

Advertisement
****, I'm at like 15-20 and I am not even really a fan, lol. Somehow seeing a few more this summer too.

The scene provides, you get pulled in.

Moon Rocks or bust.

1645150614958.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Give me Miggy.
I was kind of surprised at how little love he got.

Guy was a triple crown winner. Incredibly disciplined at the plate. And early on, cannon arm.

I'm still picking Griffey, but was surprised at the dismissal shown towards Miggy.

Same with Rivers. Kinda shocked so many ppl pick Vick without even thinking about it.

Advertisement
Im a fan of JHH and he isnt better than NESTA.

Its just a lot of sour grapes with fans on here...who seemed to hate him from his recruitment and looked for any reason. Maybe they just didnt like his personality and set UNREAL expectations on him. Its funny because i already see it coming on some of our young guns int he next few years..so you can book it. They lift you up to tear you down.

I loved his recruitment, actually. He picked Miami when many others didn't and trolled UF. What's not to love?

I just think, objectively from a roster perspective, he plateaued here and that, in 2022, JHH will make a leap and would have gotten more reps. Same for Taylor, and the portal guy(s). I might be wrong, but I don't think that's an outlandish opinion. Does anyone really think Nesta was going to be much better in 2022 than in 2021? Maybe a little, but I think he's pretty maxed.

As far as "expectations" go, everyone had very high ones for him. He was a high 4-star kid who was the 54th best recruit in American with a .9730 rating. That projects to an P5 First Team All-Conference player pushing for All-American status and a mid-second round pick in the NFL Draft. Not every athlete matches their hype, but do we think he's anywhere near his projection? He obviously got a crap grade from the NFL or he'd be training for the draft right now.

You know me man, I really believe in market principles, Occam's Razor and all, and the fact that he landed at ASU says a lot to me. Herm Edwards is 25-18 at ASU and on the hot seat. They were 8-5 last year after a .500 abbreviated covid season. They were busted by the NCAA, had to push out coaches/ had more resign under duress, and just signed the 103rd best recruiting class in the country (they had a worse class than FIU, GSU, WMU, UNLV, New Mexico, and Ball St.) and the very worst class in the Pac-12. That program is a mess.

Was that really his best option? If it was, the market is speaking.

I'm very glad he picked UM, I wish he had stayed, but it is what it is. We lost a 2022 depth piece IMO. Not sure why people seem to think that's an aggressive or "sour grapes" opinion. No hate. Our roster is getting better, that's all. He will always be a Cane in my eyes, and I hope he feels that way about himself and the program as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back