Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If you cut through all the BS, finger-pointing (both ways), rumor, and speculation, I think it's as simple as Nesta realized he was probably not going to start this year. He was going to be the 3rd or 4th DT IMO.

JHH, Taylor, and a portal guy (or two) were all going to unseat him. I don't think he was incredibly productive, plateaued, and is a guy that is more indicative of what the talent was where we were, not where we are going.

That I all believe. If I were to speculate, I'd wonder if he was scared off by the 4th Q program as well. I get not wanting to risk his money season by losing reps.

My thoughts.
Where do we disagree?

JHH and Taylor both graded out higher than Nesta last season. Taylor would have cracked the starting lineup last season if not for Manny's seniority policy.
Let’s outline an appropriate seniority policy for Mario to follow ahead of the season so we can squash the bull**** around it immediately.

We are getting to the point with the seniority fish stories where Patchan started over both Warren Sapp and GR15, then again ahead of Leonard Taylor, Lawrence Taylor and Fred Taylor…the dude has played for like 18 years but the stories get pretty grand..

I think nesta is better than any portal guy out there right now, but the rest is correct. I do think he wanted to start and get a ton of first team reps in his money year

Well, we already got Lichtenstein, and would venture a guess that Mario and Joe think he's a better fit who will be more productive than Nesta would be next year.

Also, just like the coaching search, I think Mario is expecting some major talent to become available between now and fall camp. As I've said many times, this class can't be judged until August. I think as many as 10 spots may be flipped between now and then.

Advertisement
Let’s outline an appropriate seniority policy for Mario to follow ahead of the season so we can squash the bull**** around it immediately.

We are getting to the point with the seniority fish stories where Patchan started over both Warren Sapp and GR15, then again ahead of Leonard Taylor, Lawrence Taylor and Fred Taylor…the dude has played for like 18 years but the stories get pretty grand..
CIS playing time policy: immediately bench anyone who isn’t an all American and replace him with a freshman. Then when the freshman isn’t immediately incredible, make plans to replace him with an incoming recruit who may or may not even sign with Miami.

Sleepy Cat GIF

Advertisement
Plus, he had the voice we all wish we had.
Good call. All of those guys. Kris kristofferson is a very underrated song writer. Also, Guy Clark and Townes Vand Zandt were instrumental in the creation of the Americana genre. Townes wrote poncho and lefty and Guy is my all time favorite. But very under the radar.

Well, we already got Lichtenstein, and would venture a guess that Mario and Joe think he's a better fit who will be more productive than Nesta would be next year.

Also, just like the coaching search, I think Mario is expecting some major talent to become available between now and fall camp. As I've said many times, this class can't be judged until August. I think as many as 10 spots may be flipped between now and then.
100%

Spring portal is gonna be very interesting especially with all of these new coaches around the country

If you cut through all the BS, finger-pointing (both ways), rumor, and speculation, I think it's as simple as Nesta realized he was probably not going to start this year. He was going to be the 3rd or 4th DT IMO.

JHH, Taylor, and a portal guy (or two) were all going to unseat him. I don't think he was incredibly productive, plateaued, and is a guy that is more indicative of what the talent was where we were, not where we are going.

That I all believe. If I were to speculate, I'd wonder if he was scared off by the 4th Q program as well. I get not wanting to risk his money season by losing reps.

My thoughts.
Yall really think jhh is better than nesta? He would’ve got plenty of snaps this year and he left before any meeting with mario or the staff so i doubt they had anything to do with it.

He said he trusts their dline coach and is doing what’s best for him, sometimes its that simple

Therefore we MUST celebrate:

Advertisement
Yall really think jhh is better than nesta? He would’ve got plenty of snaps this year and he left before any meeting with mario or the staff so i doubt they had anything to do with it.

He said he trusts their dline coach and is doing what’s best for him, sometimes its that simple

I think JHH has a higher ceiling and would be ahead of Nesta in 2022, yes.

And I agree, he would have got plenty of snaps this year, as a member of the two-deep assuming he worked. But I do not think, and I would have put a heavy bet on this, that he would have started.

Advertisement
CIS playing time policy: immediately bench anyone who isn’t an all American and replace him with a freshman. Then when the freshman isn’t immediately incredible, make plans to replace him with an incoming recruit who may or may not even sign with Miami.
funny-true.gif

Loved the Edge as well as Red Room. Roses, Cameo, Club Nu.

Crazy story. One of my closest friends and I went to a concert back in the early 90's called Divine playground. Bands that played were Utah Saints, Meat Beat Manifesto, Rage Against The Machine, 808 State, Deee-Lite. So as we're leaving the concert my buddy turns to me and says "I'm going to start concerts like this for DJ's That's my dream"

Well he did it. ULTRA is now one of the biggest festivals in the world. He called it ULTRA after our favorite band "Depeche Mode" album named ULTRA. He is also a CANE fan and made the logo the U!
Ultra was the first time I had every been to Miami and I fell in love with the city on that trip. Definitely better production and stages at other festivals but Ultra at night in downtown Miami is absolute MAGIC. Also tell your boy a fellow Canes fan needs some VIP seats for next year lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back