Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Was there ever any doubt???
IDK for some reason i thought there was because I checked the other coaching staff thread and there was a question mark next to his name but I guess it's nothing

My aunt has a Denali Terrain. Have driven it a few times and seemed like a great vehicle.
Appreciate that. I'l tell you what. Then Super Bowl ads got me thinking about an electric. The designs and options are getting much better. The Northeast doesnt really have great infrasructure to support, but I dont do many long road trips anymore where I coudnt plan out spot to recharge if needed. Some of those cars/trucks are looking dope.

NEW UPDATE FROM GABY

“I’m hearing that Miami will definitely hire another coach sometime soon. I’m not willing to say that this is definite but that’s the general feeling in coral gables. Can’t put a timeline on this but it will most likely happen.”
Probably before spring practice but if not by fall

Any of you cats have any experience with a GMC Terrain? I’m a Caddy guy. All the Italians in my neighborhood drove one when I was growing up so it became a thing for me. Currently have a XT5 and I love it. But my next SUV I’ll need will be around my retirement so I’ll need to downsize to something cheaper. The GMC Terrain has caught my eye.
I work in the remanded engine market and the Terrains/Equinoxs have a ton off issues. If you don’t plan on keeping the vehicle for a long time it’s not terrible but I’ve seen engines fail under 100k on those at a higher than average rate. This is just long term. I rented a Denali Terrain and it handled well and was super clean inside. Long term I’d stay away.

Advertisement
247 Update from Gaby (Hedgemaster) on DE/Edge coach:

“ Getting some movement on the defensive ends coach. Not saying it’ll be done today or anything but I do believe they’ve narrowed it down to a few targets. Either of the two names I heard Tuesday morning would be big. Not putting a timeline on this but they’re progressing there.”
If we are hiring a DE coach and Salave'a isn’t a great recruiter, why is he on staff? Really seems like a waste to split up the defensive line.

If we are hiring a DE coach and Salave'a isn’t a great recruiter, why is he on staff? Really seems like a waste to split up the defensive line.
My guess is Mario views Sal as a culture guy and a good technician. Maybe not the best recruiter, but he seems like a genuinely good guy who invests a lot into his job, the players, and the program. He helps instill a team-first, brotherhood type of mentality. Basically, he's a locker room guy, which is important.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He always seemed like a Plan C hire. And not like the third option from the top tier. But that Cristobal missed on the better tier, and so settled for him.
He was one of the first hires Mario made. Both him and Mirabal seemed to have joined at the same time. So it seems like Joe was actually a priority for him.

The Joe slander is so confusing to me. At least let the guy "fail" before we start ****ting on him for no reason.

If you paired Craig kuligowski with a killer recruiter as the second d line coach… I firmly believe you would have the best defensive line room in America every year. If Salavea is a true technician and a so so recruiter, pairing him up with a big time recruiter as a secondary d line coach will maximize the room and am really excited to see how it looks in 2 years

I work in the remanded engine market and the Terrains/Equinoxs have a ton off issues. If you don’t plan on keeping the vehicle for a long time it’s not terrible but I’ve seen engines fail under 100k on those at a higher than average rate. This is just long term. I rented a Denali Terrain and it handled well and was super clean inside. Long term I’d stay away.
Thanks. Ive heard that before. You just cant beat some of the foreign makers. Ive tried to buy American, but when I retire its every man for themselves. I'll need a car I can go 150K miles without pouring money into. Ive got a few years before I do it.

Advertisement
Anyone actually know or what are we guessing Cristobal is driving? My guess would be a Sierra Denali 1500.

Kevin Steele looks a like Cadillac sedan dude.

Gattis I'm still trying to decide.
Mario drives a Caddy, maybe an Escalade but definitely a cream puff
632F6183-D1BD-48C6-9B7B-75A5C2B55C99.jpeg

Thanks. Ive heard that before. You just cant beat some of the foreign makers. Ive tried to buy American, but when I retire its every man for themselves. I'll need a car I can go 150K miles without pouring money into. Ive got a few years before I do it.
For my money, I’d go with a Honda CRV or Pilot. The Acura’s are great as well. Just a little more upscale than the Honda. At 150K miles, they’re just getting broke in.

Advertisement
Seems like Mario is putting a huge emphasis on both lines. Including him, you would have four coaches to help us win the trenches. It seems perfectly in line with what he is wanting to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back