Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a white owner/GM it is riskier to hire and fire a black coach because of today’s media environment.

It is honestly an interesting use case for how our hypersensitivity around race hurts minorities vying for high profile jobs
This is what I’ve been thinking too. An unfortunate side effect

Advertisement
For a white owner/GM it is riskier to hire and fire a black coach because of today’s media environment.

It is honestly an interesting use case for how our hypersensitivity around race hurts minorities vying for high profile jobs
You only get **** on if you fire the coach prematurely

They catch flack for firing black coaches because they fire them prematurely.
Miami dolphins being the latest culprit. I remember Detroit doing the same to their black coach Jim Caldwell. He brought them back from **** led them to the playoffs 2 out of his 4 coaching seasons and they fired him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami dolphins being the latest culprit. I remember Detroit doing the same to their black coach Jim Caldwell. He brought them back from **** led them to the playoffs 2 out of his 4 coaching seasons and they fired him.
I’m not saying they don’t catch flack for premature firings. The point was they catch for for all firings. More of an observation than an argument

Not an NFL example but Willie Taggert is the perfect use case. FSU’s AD at the time (forget his name) said he wanted to make a diverse hire, lots of folks questioned if Willie was qualified to take over after Jimbo (that point was debated at length). Taggert drove their program into the ground in spectacular fashion and while this board almost unanimously wanted him to remain FSU’s coach for eternity… some still said he was fired prematurely because of skin color.

I know this is a touchy subject and hits home for a lot of folks on here. My original point was more about properly identifying the environment in which we live in. Because if you can’t identify problems, you have next to no shot at solving them.

Last edited:
los angeles art GIF by MUTANT MAGIC

Advertisement
Culprit of what? Flores is going down guns blazing. Dude is out of control.

I’m not saying they don’t catch flack for premature firings. The point was they catch for for all firings. More of an observation than an argument

Not an NFL example but Willie Taggert is the perfect use case. FSU’s AD at the time (forget his name) said he wanted to make a diverse hire, lots of folks questioned if Willie was qualified to take over after Jimbo (that point was debated at length). Taggert drove their program into the ground in spectacular fashion and while this board almost unanimously wanted him to remain FSU’s coach for eternity… some still said he was fired prematurely because of skin color.

I know this is a touchy subject and hits home for a lot of folks on here. My original point was more about properly identifying the environment in which we live in. Because if you can’t identify problems, you have next to no shot at solving them.
This is exactly what I’ve been saying

It’s all fine and well to say black coaches get fired prematurely and this stuff has to stop

But there’s a reason it hasn’t changed and that’s the important part to figure out and you can’t just keep saying “racism” or it’s just a merry-go-round

Advertisement
Marciulionis was the first to do the euro step move and was a very good player. Ginobilis, however, was sometimes more elaborate so it’s no surprise he gets the majority of the credit for it.

So Mike Kafka was supposedly being groomed by Reid as Bieniemy's replacement when Eric lands the long-awaited HC gig. Now NYG snap up Kafka to be their OC, and there's smoke that his contributions went beyond that of qb coach in KC. Did Reid lose the better coach, or at least the one with more 'upside'? Interested to see how this turns out, and frankly wondering whether there are legitimate reasons for Bieniemy's inability to land a HC gig.
There was a reason why I wanted Mario to at least give Kafka a call. He definitely would've been a HC next year with TVD, don't care what anyone say.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back