Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
The responsibility of the Chiefs offensive success is irrespective of EB’s qualifications to be a HC, simply based on the fact that there are coaches who get NFL jobs who have no responsibility for either side of the ball. If the criteria was you have to be a OC or DC in order to get HC job then that would be valid, however multiple coaches have been hired despite never once calling plays or being a coordinator ever in their life.

If the Chiefs let him walk, that’s their decision, it wouldn’t make me feel anything, it doesn’t invalidate his HC potentiality, why? Because there are people who get HC jobs in the league who are less qualified than him. The two situations are not synonymous.

Again, Bieniemy’s opportunity to get a HC job has nothing to do with his qualifications or his knowledge of Football, the only reason people make that argument is because they’re trying to justify a faulty hiring process by attempting to discredit his qualifications, which in turn actually validates his qualifications even more because no one can explain why coaches who have no business being a HC get hired in the first place. The cognitive dissonance & mental gymnastics happen when it comes to EB because people just don’t wanna say what it really is.

That’s why the goalposts are always moved because if there was a strict stringent requirement to be HC in the NFL, at least 50% of the league wouldn’t have hired their current coaches in the first place, but alas there isn’t.

The hiring process in the league is based on one thing & one thing only, likability. If whichever one of the 32 owners that’s interviewing you likes you, you’ll get hired, doesn’t matter what your qualifications are, experience or how good you are at your job, if they people in charge of hiring you like you, you’ll get the job.

I appreciate the response and it was well thought out. Good discussion.

You mentioned that you're more likely to be hired if the owner(hiring manager) like you. Do you not think that same principle applies to every other industry?

Advertisement
Yo @Rickd said nah fam. Don’t care how much you evidence you provided.
Hesitate Rat Queens GIF by Hyper RPG

You can say this about any elite QB and head coach. That New England OC Josh I can't remember his last name has gotten another head coach job, even though Belicheck and Brady didn't need his ***.
Perception is everything in this society. Talent not soo much. The media creates a narrative and sticks to it.
Are you willing to say the same thing about Lovie Smith?

Advertisement
I appreciate the response and it was well thought out. Good discussion.

You mentioned that you're more likely to be hired if the owner(hiring manager) like you. Do you not think that same principle applies to every other industry?
No problem, I always enjoy a good discussion, much respect 💯

And to answer the rest of your question, It does in most professions & and in some aspects I agree with it.

The NFL in particular preaches that its a meritocracy, but it clearly isn’t.

I don’t have a problem with it if they would just say that, but the NFL goes out of their way to pretend as if there’s a fair & square process to their hiring but in reality they just set themselves up for more questions by not just coming out & saying, that the owners of this league hire who they want & they don’t feel as though they should have to explain themselves. Because we all know if they did, it mostly wouldn’t make sense & it would boil down to them either not being as involved as people might think or being too involved & allowing their personal biases to cloud their judgment, which is a very human thing to do, but as a Billionaire can be perceived as counterintuitive to their business profile.

Meaning, they’re very analytical in every other aspect of their business decisions except when it comes to hiring a HC, which oddly enough one would think would be the place to be the most analytical. But it seems when it comes to hiring coaches, all the intelligence flies out the window & comes down to how a coach makes you feel as opposed to his actual ability.

Like Joe Judge for instance, he had never called plays on Offense or Defense in his career & was basically nothing more than a glorified assistant coach, but he got the NY Giants job because he said all the right platitudes in the interview to convince them that he was “the guy”. He wasn’t well qualified, nor was he good at his job & he quite frankly came off as a complete amateur way in order his head (which is why he got fired), but he still got the job the because the people who run the Giants have an affinity for Bill Belichick & think he has some kind of magic dust that makes all his coaches clones of him lol.

A smart multi-Billion dollar well run organization threw all their intelligence, discernment & due diligence out the window when they hired Judge because he gave them the feelies lol. That’s how ridiculous these teams are, they don’t care about anything except “this guy makes me feel like he’s the guy” even when the guy clearly isn’t the guy lol.

Why are you saying Ginobili made traveling legal? Shlt, I can’t remember the last time that traveling wasn’t legal. It’s been a long *** time. I’m not saying I disagree with you, I just never heard that before. Seems like people have been traveling and it not being called since before the 90s.

I mean everybody’s been traveling for so long I can’t even remember when a traveling call has been made.
I thought it was MJ who made traveling sort of OK. I clearly remember him taking multiple steps around Bird and wondering where the call was. After a while it just didn’t matter because you knew were watching something magical. Greatness was in view and it was time to sit back and enjoy the human and not the laundry.

And to answer the rest of your question, It does in most professions & and in some aspects I agree with it.

I don’t have a problem with it if they would just say that, but the NFL goes out of their way to pretend as if there’s a fair & square process to their hiring but in reality they just set themselves up for more questions by not just coming out & saying, that the owners of this league hire who they want & they don’t feel as though they should have to explain themselves. Because we all know if they did, it mostly wouldn’t make sense & it would boil down to them either not being as involved as people might think or being too involved & allowing their personal biases to cloud their judgment, which is a very human thing to do, but as a Billionaire can be perceived as counterintuitive to their business profile.

Meaning, they’re very analytical in every other aspect of their business decisions except when it comes to hiring a HC, which oddly enough one would think would be the place to be the most analytical. But it seems when it comes to hiring coaches, all the intelligence flies out the window & comes down to how a coach makes you feel as opposed to his actual ability.

Like Joe Judge for instance, he had never called plays on Offense or Defense in his career & was basically nothing more than a glorified assistant coach, but he got the NY Giants job because he said all the right platitudes in the interview to convince them that he was “the guy”. He wasn’t well qualified, nor was he good at his job & he quite frankly came off as a complete amateur way in order his head (which is why he got fired), but he still got the job the because the people who run the Giants have an affinity for Bill Belichick & think he has some kind of magic dust that makes all his coaches clones of him lol.

A smart multi-Billion dollar well run organization threw all their intelligence, discernment & due diligence out the window when they hired Judge because he gave them the feelies lol. That’s how ridiculous these teams are, they don’t care about anything except “this guy makes me feel like he’s the guy” even when the guy clearly isn’t the guy lol.
Joe Judge. What in the holy fack? How did this guy get a job. I heard a montage of his coach speak over the past week or so and wanted to smash my head through my radio. Seriously, how?

Maybe the Miami people can set me straight but what was wrong with BFlo?

Joe Judge, Joe Facking Judge. Holy Christ.

Advertisement
Or maybe he's a former RB that isn't fit to be the HC of an NFL team? It's highly unlikely the Chiefs offense isn't a product of his superiority. Former RBs typically don't have a feel for the game to the same caliber a wide receiver or QB would have.

Dan Reeves is the only former RB to have success as a HC. And you could even make an argument on how effective of a HC Reeves really was.
This is the dumbest **** I've seen on CIS in a while. Pat yourself on the back that's quite the accomplishment.

What position did Mike Mcdaniel play again?

IMO, very articulate way of saying they don't like hiring ******. Iykyk.

Advertisement

I totally agree it's not entirely a meritocracy.

The rules for hiring a head coach are entirely political. But this is how business is conducted everywhere, not just the NFL.

You have the right to be annoyed that the NFL pretends it's a meritocracy.

One could argue that the new rules the put in place with the rooney rule actually makes things less authentic.

The one benefit you could argue is that minority coaches at the least get the opportunity to get interview experience.

IMO, very articulate way of saying they don't like hiring ******. Iykyk.
Lol, I don’t think it’s that simple.

They don’t mind hiring Black HC’s, they just want a certain type, someone who will do as they’re told & not ask too many questions or won’t challenge the front office on decision making.

Jim Harbaugh didn’t get the Vikings job because he wanted autonomy over player personnel in Free agency & the draft & they wouldn’t relinquish that so they hired O’Connell instead.

It’s not just a race thing, the racial aspect is that owners & front offices generally don’t view Black coaches as being capable of leadership based on their own worldview, but it’s not strictly Black & White in the sense that it has more to do with comfortability/ likability over everything.

Advertisement
They have these important decisions on lock down. You can get a name, but as we learned, those are just interviews and the name goes crickets. As his long coordinator hire's went on, we learned that 2 names may be dropped within a day or 2 of each other by different sources and still nothing. Some names not even legit candidates. It wasn't hard to determine their was intent with the double leaks. You realize you are getting the Radokovich treatment. The OBB tweet is probably referring to a rumor that another hire has already been made. We should learn to wait because the, "already been hired" percentages have been atrocious with these leaks. Nate is one of the many new faces. I think he was with Gattis at Bama.

Lol, I don’t think it’s that simple.

They don’t mind hiring Black HC’s, they just want a certain type, someone who will do as they’re told & not ask too many questions or won’t challenge the front office on decision making.

Jim Harbaugh didn’t get the Vikings job because he wanted autonomy over player personnel in Free agency & the draft & they wouldn’t relinquish that so they hired O’Connell instead.

It’s not just a race thing, the racial aspect is that owners & front offices generally don’t view Black coaches as being capable of leadership based on their own worldview, but it’s not strictly Black & White in the sense that it has more to do with comfortability/ likability over everything.
Just throwing **** out there but I’m hoping some of the unintended consequences of the race issue becoming so hot button is that a team might hesitate hiring a black coach for fear they actually can’t fire him without backlash

I mean white or black NFL coaches get fired pretty ******* quickly these days anyway

But just to be clear I think the opposite side of the coin is the clearer bigger issue, just thinking about it from a hiring perspective

Ginoboli introduced the Eurostep. The Eurostep has made it impossible to call traveling no matter how many steps a player takes.

The euro step if done right isn’t supposed to be traveling. Ginobili can’t have been the first person to have used that in the NBA. I’m not trying to start a conflict, I’m just chewing the fat with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back