Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Fins hire just proves Miami is becoming a real threat as a tech hub
Screenshot_20220211-181611_Google.jpg

Saw this on UGA board:

Georgia football has announced pay increases ahead of the 2022 season for co-defensive coordinators Will Muschamp and Glenn Schumann, who will work together to command that unit for Kirby Smart following the departure of Dan Lanning to Oregon. Muschamp, who worked last fall as a quality control coach before he as promoted to an on-field role, will make $800,000 salary in 2022 — the same figure as Schumann.

Muschamp was fired as South Carolina head coach after the 2020 season and received a buyout of nearly $13 million. He's back in a familiar setting as one of Georgia's leaders on defense at his alma mater. Muschamp joined the Bulldogs last spring and at the time, was brought in to aid with "minor tweaks" on defense according to Smart.

"He's probably the guy I lean on the most in terms of coaching the coaches and drill selection and 'hey, how did you do this? How did y'all do this? Did y'all do this period first? That period first?' Trying to find new ways to make our program better," Smart said last spring. "I like, a lot, having him out there. I like having him in the meetings because it's not the skillset of coaching. He's certainly a competent coach and confident, but it's a lot more, for me, I know he's done things a lot of different ways. When you're out there in between drills or a drill is going on, you walk over there and say, 'hey, how did y'all do this? Is there a better way? What do you think about this?' It's helpful. It's certainly breeds confidence and it gives you more ways to do things."

Schumann got a raise from $600K last year. Muschamp made $300K last year at UGA

Advertisement
He's a lazy recruiting, arrogant weirdo that at this point, serious programs would rather not want around. He's also turned out to be a pretty bad talent evaluator, especially at QB, and that along with play-calling/scheme is where he's hung his hat. He's been somewhat exposed. He is not a leader of men.

We have a play-caller. So his only value is offering up some scheme advice. There is no way in the world having a lazy weirdo with his personality defect around the team is worth it. Many offenses seem to run just fine without his input.

Mario is a serious person who surrounds himself with other serious people who are willing to grind away for long days. The word you keep hearing is "relentless." Mullen is the exact opposite of that. Imagine this lazy clown in a room with guys like Mario, Gattis, and dear lord, Steele. Mario would put him in a locker on day 1.

Honesty, at this point I think the best litmus test to see who understand what's going on at Miami right now may be who brings up Mullen. Mario wouldn't let that cringe toad take a **** in the Hecht, let alone pull a paycheck.

You guys really need to do better. There is not a worse fit for a coach in a Mario Cristobal program than Dan Mullen. Which is why he was NEVER, EVER associated with Miami at any way, in any capacity during the last three months, even though he was an recently available former SEC HC from just up the road.

Let me know if I am not being clear enough.

View attachment 177542View attachment 177543View attachment 177544
dan mullen dancing GIF by Florida Gators
College Football Reaction GIF by SEC Network

Saw this on UGA board:

Georgia football has announced pay increases ahead of the 2022 season for co-defensive coordinators Will Muschamp and Glenn Schumann, who will work together to command that unit for Kirby Smart following the departure of Dan Lanning to Oregon. Muschamp, who worked last fall as a quality control coach before he as promoted to an on-field role, will make $800,000 salary in 2022 — the same figure as Schumann.

Muschamp was fired as South Carolina head coach after the 2020 season and received a buyout of nearly $13 million. He's back in a familiar setting as one of Georgia's leaders on defense at his alma mater. Muschamp joined the Bulldogs last spring and at the time, was brought in to aid with "minor tweaks" on defense according to Smart.

"He's probably the guy I lean on the most in terms of coaching the coaches and drill selection and 'hey, how did you do this? How did y'all do this? Did y'all do this period first? That period first?' Trying to find new ways to make our program better," Smart said last spring. "I like, a lot, having him out there. I like having him in the meetings because it's not the skillset of coaching. He's certainly a competent coach and confident, but it's a lot more, for me, I know he's done things a lot of different ways. When you're out there in between drills or a drill is going on, you walk over there and say, 'hey, how did y'all do this? Is there a better way? What do you think about this?' It's helpful. It's certainly breeds confidence and it gives you more ways to do things."

Schumann got a raise from $600K last year. Muschamp made $300K last year at UGA
I think we'll get him next time we need a DC..Schumann that is.

I don't blame Schumann for staying with a pay increase and having just watched the past co-DC get a good HC gig. UGA's defensive talent is stacked, so more than likely, they'll do well again on that side of the field and then he's got possible HC openings. Seems like the safer option if that's his end goal. BUT if he had come to Miami and turned that D into a juggernaut, he could aim even higher. Riskier option with a higher reward IMO.

I don't blame Schumann for staying with a pay increase and having just watched the past co-DC get a good HC gig. UGA's defensive talent is stacked, so more than likely, they'll do well again on that side of the field and then he's got possible HC openings. Seems like the safer option if that's his end goal. BUT if he had come to Miami and turned that D into a juggernaut, he could aim even higher. Riskier option with a higher reward IMO.

That is as you believe Schumann was a legit choice for Mario and many think Schumann was a lot of smoke. Some convos, sure, but that’s about it.

🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
That is as you believe Schumann was a legit choice for Mario and many think Schumann was a lot of smoke. Some convos, sure, but that’s about it.

🤷‍♂️

True. I'm going off the basis that he was a legitimate candidate since I'm not on the inside. All I can do is assume and just try to figure out the mindset in a a situation like that.

Advertisement
That shows we didn’t offfer him. Although he’s a cool candidate because of the title, Steele is a way more legit hire

Depends on what you’re looking for.

If you want the proven commodity, a guy who you know what you’re gonna get with, the safe pick - you go with Steele.

If you want a the young guy with fresh ideas, a guy who’s had a rapid rise, a potential superstar - you go with Schumann.

I would’ve went with the latter.

Advertisement

If you want the proven commodity, a guy who you know what you’re gonna get with, the safe pick - you go with Steele.

If you want a the young guy with fresh ideas, a guy who’s had a rapid rise, a potential superstar - you go with Schumann.

Then we're good.

And that's why I'm glad it's Mario making the decisions.

Every DC Mario has had is an experienced playcaller. His background is on offense, so he never was going to turn the other side of the ball over to a 31 year old position coach. It'd be a huge risk to do the latter.

And if Schumann is a superstar, he'll be a HC asap anyways, so it's not like he's a long-term hire either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back