Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Agreed. And he reminds me of the character Meatloaf (RIP) played in Fight Club.
2F468602-0599-4E90-82DE-3ABCC5DB5144.jpeg

Keeping Stroud is great sh*t!

It makes sense too because Mario loves recruiters & Stroud can recruit with the best of’em.
Even as an analyst

Plus he has invaluable knowledge & great energy as a motivator & coach.

One of the best people you’ll ever meet in the business.
Aren’t analysts essentially recruiters?

Advertisement
Keeping Stroud is great sh*t!

It makes sense too because Mario loves recruiters & Stroud can recruit with the best of’em.
Even as an analyst

Plus he has invaluable knowledge & great energy as a motivator & coach.

One of the best people you’ll ever meet in the business.
When people talk "infrastructure" a large part of that (at least imo) isn't brick and mortar facilities but actual human beings. A guy like Stroud as part of that "off-field" effort is the gold standard of what you can build around people-wise.

Advertisement
They’re whatever you need them to be.

They’re not allowed to recruit off-campus, so in most cases they’re just assistant coaches...

But they essentially serve in whatever capacity the HC needs them to be.
I know no one really likes the guy around here, but I'm still crossing my fingers that Mullen gets brought on as an analyst for a year.

I feel like he's going to land somewhere as an analyst, probably Bama or someone like that. We should be the 'someone like Bama'.

I know no one really likes the guy around here, but I'm still crossing my fingers that Mullen gets brought on as an analyst for a year.

I feel like he's going to land somewhere as an analyst, probably Bama or someone like that. We should be the 'someone like Bama'.
Looks like no one really likes the guy around anywhere. With all the coaching turnover there’s been this offseason in both college and the Pros I haven’t heard his name mentioned once as a candidate for any position. I don’t mind him as an analyst but it seems odd to me

Advertisement

Besides him being a dipsh#t I don't want his "instant pandemic" wife anywhere near this team.

They’re whatever you need them to be.

They’re not allowed to recruit off-campus, so in most cases they’re just assistant coaches...

But they essentially serve in whatever capacity the HC needs them to be.

LCE how much can analysts and (insert other support staff title) coach on Greentree by rule? How much can DVD, Stroud and Rumph for example, actually get their hands on the kids to support the position coaches these days?

Looks like no one really likes the guy around anywhere. With all the coaching turnover there’s been this offseason in both college and the Pros I haven’t heard his name mentioned once as a candidate for any position. I don’t mind him as an analyst but it seems odd to me
I certainly don't claim to know any inside info on that guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's just taking a year away from coaching.

I think he's shown to be pretty good at coaching QBs, although I wouldn't want him picking a starter lol.

He's a strange guy and doesn't belong coaching any program aspiring to be a title contender. He should look for another spot like Miss St. was for him.

I think he could add value as an analyst prepping for opponents game-planning, and from his perspective he could get a decent paycheck and still take a year away from actually coaching.

Advertisement
LCE how much can analysts and (insert other support staff title) coach on Greentree by rule? How much can DVD, Stroud and Rumph for example, actually get their hands on the kids to support the position coaches these days?
They can do everything, up to a certain extent.

They can’t actually give players specific instructions but are allowed to reiterate what the assistants have already instructed. Basically the rule is, the can assist the assistant coaches, but cannot specifically coach the players themselves, but they are allowed to encourage players & help in drills etc..

The actual rule itself is very vague & left open for interpretation on purpose, its a very gray area ruling that allows for teams who can take advantage of it to essentially have an entire ancillary staff that coaches alongside the on-field assistants.

He's a lazy recruiting, arrogant weirdo that at this point, serious programs would rather not want around. He's also turned out to be a pretty bad talent evaluator, especially at QB, and that along with play-calling/scheme is where he's hung his hat. He's been somewhat exposed. He is not a leader of men.

We have a play-caller. So his only value is offering up some scheme advice. There is no way in the world having a lazy weirdo with his personality defect around the team is worth it. Many offenses seem to run just fine without his input.

Mario is a serious person who surrounds himself with other serious people who are willing to grind away for long days. The word you keep hearing is "relentless." Mullen is the exact opposite of that. Imagine this lazy clown in a room with guys like Mario, Gattis, and dear lord, Steele. Mario would put him in a locker on day 1.

Honesty, at this point I think the best litmus test to see who understand what's going on at Miami right now may be who brings up Mullen. Mario wouldn't let that cringe toad take a **** in the Hecht, let alone pull a paycheck.

You guys really need to do better. There is not a worse fit for a coach in a Mario Cristobal program than Dan Mullen. Which is why he was NEVER, EVER associated with Miami at any way, in any capacity during the last three months, even though he was an recently available former SEC HC from just up the road.

Let me know if I am not being clear enough.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
dan mullen dancing GIF by Florida Gators
College Football Reaction GIF by SEC Network

He's a lazy recruiting, arrogant weirdo that at this point, serious programs would rather not want around. He's also turned out to be a pretty bad talent evaluator, especially at QB, and that along with play-calling/scheme is where he's hung his hat. He's been somewhat exposed. He is not a leader of men.

We have a play-caller. So his only value is offering up some scheme advice. There is no way in the world having a lazy weirdo with his personality defect around the team is worth it. Many offenses seem to run just fine without his input.

Mario is a serious person who surrounds himself with other serious people who are willing to grind away for long days. The word you keep hearing is "relentless." Mullen is the exact opposite of that. Imagine this lazy clown in a room with guys like Mario, Gattis, and dear lord, Steele. Mario would put him in a locker on day 1.

Honesty, at this point I think the best litmus test to see who understand what's going on at Miami right now may be who brings up Mullen. Mario wouldn't let that cringe toad take a **** in the Hecht, let alone pull a paycheck.

You guys really need to do better. There is not a worse fit for a coach in a Mario Cristobal program than Dan Mullen. Which is why he was NEVER, EVER associated with Miami at any way, in any capacity during the last three months, even though he was an recently available former SEC HC from just up the road.

Let me know if I am not being clear enough.

View attachment 177542View attachment 177543View attachment 177544
dan mullen dancing GIF by Florida Gators
College Football Reaction GIF by SEC Network

I agree 💯! Not a fan of the dude and Don’t want him or his creepy wife near the program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back