Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Wasn’t Hartley the coach that was mopping up in Duval? I remember some cool edits that were made about that or something to that effect.
Ya he was but he is loved every where I know that atleast 4 coaches in palm beach that I talked to loved him and were ****ed that we didn’t keep him Csz he was the main and at points only guy recruiting/talking to that area

You right. But your exact quote was "The difference is having a QB that can make plays with his arm" when literally the most recent champion disproves that lol.
I do agree talent is important, just saying you can skip QB if the rest of the team is stacked lmao.
Honestly, he did make plays with his arm, tho. Even though, the discussion wasn’t about him, per say. It was about scheme differences vs. talent. I was originally saying that hiring Ponce was not the end of the world. Even if he takes over after Gattis. But talking about Bennett…. I remember him hitting a couple of downfield strikes, or did I imagine seeing that? Sooo he did make some plays with his arm, correct?

Advertisement
I’d be shocked if we get him back. He and his wife are Georgia born and bred. He’s at his dream job. If we get him back that’s a **** of a coup
Agree.

Doesn't hurt to try. He's a good ST coach too so giving him that title and $750k could do it. Texas pays their ST coordinator over a million and he doubles as a TE coach. Swiped him from Bama. The caveat is it wasn't his dream/home job.

Advertisement
Chris Herndon and David Njoku developed nicely while Hartley was here and special teams was was a strength as well. Travis Homer and Deejay Dallas made their rookie season 53-man rosters in Seattle largely in part bc of their Special teams abilities. Not to mention, Hartley recruited Brevin and Mallory in that '18 class. Bring Hartley on.

Recruiting better athletes and have them want to play special teams is what gets is back to that. Fast and athletic players. No magic coaching can fix that. Except dont put walk ons out there thinking a fast return man alone can break kicks or couple good athletes can cover all the lanes.
I agree but coaching does matter, it’s no coincidence Beamer ball was a thing, they had some good athletes but nothing like us. Mainly I just want to see us blocking kicks again, the tremaine mack block is still one of my all time favorite cane plays

Advertisement
Chris Herndon and David Njoku developed nicely while Hartley was here and special teams was was a strength as well. Travis Homer and Deejay Dallas made their rookie season 53-man rosters in Seattle largely in part bc of their Special teams abilities. Not to mention, Hartley recruited Brevin and Mallory in that '18 class. Bring Hartley on.

I was not a fan of our ST under Hartley and neither were a lot of us.

Advertisement
1644526090750.jpeg

GwiJ.gif

It seems like his name and pay have been mentioned a few times the past week. I don't think he needs a extra title. Just pay the man. I thought a couple hires were leaking today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back