Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Trickett clan is as good as it gets when it comes to coaching...

That whole **** family was born to coach football.

Travis spent years under Chris Hatcher at Samford, Hatcher is a Hal Mumme/Mike Leach disciple from the Kentucky & Valdosta ST days from when they first revolutionized the game of offensive football in the modern era, he was there on the ground stages. Plus Travis’s long history in the Rich Rod system gives him plenty experience on what varied multiplicity offenses can have.

I’d love to bring him in as QB’s/PGC & be in charge of implementing the passing offense...

However, he just got hired by Jeff Scott at USF to be OC & I don’t see him leaving there to come here if he can’t call plays or have any autonomy over the offense.
Doesn't Scott call plays?

Advertisement
Can we speak Tom Herman as QB coach into existence? That big fish expedition got another charter?

Advertisement
Can we speak Tom Herman as QB coach into existence? That big fish expedition got another charter?
If Mario was gonna hire Herman he wouldn’t have hired Gattis in the first place.

Plus why would Herman wanna come here to have no control over the offense?

If he’s just gonna be a QB coach this season, might as well just stick in the NFL lol

I keep coming back to Jake Peetz as QB coach. I doubt he gets a gig back in the NFL this cycle after what happened at LSU, so his best bet career trajectory wise would be to go be a QB/PCG coach at a P5 and work his way up from there.

He overlapped with Mario and then with Gattis at Alabama so this one seems really obvious to me. He was making over a million as OC at LSU, so no chance he'd make that at Miami, but not like he's going to get that in the NFL either.

Advertisement
If Mario was gonna hire Herman he wouldn’t have hired Gattis in the first place.

Plus why would Herman wanna come here to have no control over the offense?

If he’s just gonna be a QB coach this season, might as well just stick in the NFL lol
Why do you need to **** in my Wheaties?
I am just daydreaming at worK

Not really sure what Herman's end game is but he's making a **** load of money from Texas so doubt it really matters right now

Advertisement
Mario knows the defense is cheeks for the most part. We need as many coaches and recruiters as possible.
Just teaching how to tackle and properly defend the counter will likely result in a drastically improved defense.

The language in that link is pretty clear that the buyout "shall be waived" in the event he accepts a head coaching position. I have no idea if this is standard or not throughout the industry, but it does appear to be part of T-Will's contract.

View attachment 177255

It is standard language in college and pro contracts. Thanks for finding it, I really didn’t want to read a contract today

Advertisement
And Watson and Lawrence aren’t walking through that door

Dabo’s former OC’s havent done to well. Chad Morris flamed out so badly he is coaching Texas HS football. Scott probably doesn’t make it to Year 4, current record is 3-18. Sunbelt Billy has been fired/told to seek shelter multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back