Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have a problem w dominating the LOS and actually being able to run the ball. D would have to pick their poison. Having to stack the box against DVD would be futile with our wr/TE corp.

Advertisement
Bryce Young was 2nd in the nation in passing yards & 3rd in the nation in attempts...

They’ve also become WRU.

After they got their asswhooped by Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl in 2013, Saban changed their approach.
Oh yeah not contesting that. Even with an open passing game, Bama still has the line and RB to comfortably convert 3rd and 1s at a great clip.

Lol nah, he just has a very specific way in which he wishes to approach it.

He wants to dominate the LOS & wear Defenses down with the run game.

He’s an OL at heart, those guys always want tough physical football.

UGA winning the Natty the way they did validates that philosophy, so that’s one of the models to follow now.
Yeah but you and i both know that approach wouldn't have worked had Alabama WRs been healthy. We all saw the game a month earlier when UGA had no answer for the passing game of Bama.

I hope Mario is smart enough to realize it is going to be really hard to win a NC with that approach.

I don’t have a problem w dominating the LOS and actually being able to run the ball. D would have to pick their poison. Having to stack the box against DVD would be futile with our wr/TE corp.

I have no problem with recruiting an NFL OL every year. But if we have that, I couldn’t care less what we run.

I’d prefer an offense that doesn’t require that kind of an OL though. Then if we get that kind of OL it just makes the offense even more dominant.

Yeah but you and i both know that approach wouldn't have worked had Alabama WRs been healthy. We all saw the game a month earlier when UGA had no answer for the passing game of Bama.

I hope Mario is smart enough to realize it is going to be really hard to win a NC with that approach.

Right. The “get 5 Star guys at every position” offensive scheme isn’t really transferable to many programs, and still required the arguably the best defense in modern college football history and the opponent to get horrible injury luck, for it to work at the 5* school.

The best offensive golden rule to live by:

Do the complete opposite of what Kirby Smart wants to do.

Advertisement
Talk on ND's boards that it's potentially close to/more than $2 million per for Rees. Doubt it's a leverage play given that he already u-turned on Kelly and stayed at ND but that's asinine if that's what we want to pay him
ND don't pay their coach 2M. They as tight as we were. They have money, but they tight like we were. They will soon learn to open the purse strings.

My preferred Old fashioned:
2oz Rittenhouse Rye
1 barspoon demerara syrup
2 dashes angostura bitters
2 dashes fee brothers black walnut bitters
Stir and garnish with orange peel
The GOATs go to drink…
47C916AF-FF7D-478B-B671-84CB46FA095E.jpeg

He’s not wrong. Can’t wait to feel good about 3rd and 1 like Bama fans do.

I just hope he still allows TVD to take those shots.
The notre dame offense was almost all deep shots.
That's why they had basketball players.on the outside, not like they're looking for big wiggle.

If he came I don't think it be that bad, about time we become balanced, mind you the run game was simplistic in nature, inside and outside zone.

Advertisement
I’m hearing Monday is setting up to be the formal introduction of the coaching staff. I was off by a day on the DC. I was right, but it broke the following day. I’m not saying that’s when it breaks, only that everything should be wrapped up this weekend and an announcement to follow soon after. Might be wrong, but I’m not. No I don’t have a name. It’s all I’ve got.

Advertisement

You build to an offense like Bama, doesn't matter what OC you have in their case.

How many of their OCs regardless of who it was, was unsuccessful? Exactly. My dog could call that offense and be top 5. When you can run quadruple move routes it aint hard.

Advertisement
I’m hearing Monday is setting up to be the formal introduction of the coaching staff. I was off by a day on the DC. I was right, but it broke the following day. I’m not saying that’s when it breaks, only that everything should be wrapped up this weekend and an announcement to follow soon after. Might be wrong, but I’m not. No I don’t have a name. It’s all I’ve got.

How many spots do we have left to fill?

Six? Seven?

This could be a crazy weekend.

Surprised there isn’t more chatter about Liam Coen. Guy would be a home run hire. His first season at UK with a project at QB and put together their best offense in over a decade. Kentucky upped his pay to $1.1M and will increase to $1.4M by 2025. They won’t let go of him easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back